CL Group Stage Final Round

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
"...Juve or Bayern" is an odd comment given the gap between those two sides. LFC can absolutely beat Juve, but they can also get absolutely thumped by Bayern.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Juve or Bayern is an odd comment given the gap between those two sides. LFC can absolutely beat Juve, but they can also get absolutely thumped by Bayern.

They can get thumped by both. Or beat both.

I would like them to play a big league champion anyway to see what Liverpool are about.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sure but they're much more likely to get thumped by Bayern and pull off the upset against Juve given the level those two are playing at this season.

Yeah, that's okay. Bring them on anyway. Don't want to see Liverpool play the likes of Porto or Besiktas on their way to the SF. Would rather play a top team and lose if that's what happens.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Wow some pretty poor performances from teams you would have expected better from. Monaco, Spartak and Red Bull Leipzig all have to be pretty disappointed they didn't win very easy games today.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I want a big match next round too. I don’t really care if it’s Bayern, Madrid or Juventus; Liverpool won’t be favored vs any of them.

Porto and Basel would be my next choice.

I am not keen on Besiktas or Shakhtar though

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Wow some pretty poor performances from teams you would have expected better from. Monaco, Spartak and Red Bull Leipzig all have to be pretty disappointed they didn't win very easy games today.

...you know that Besiktas is leading the group, right? Liepzig have lacked a little in the final third with Werner stuck on the wing and Hassenhuttl's "ideas" undermining their possession game; but they haven't been poor today at all and have crafted more than enough chances to win against the bus Besiktas has parked since their early goal. It's just not quite there for Leipzig today...so far.

I want a big match next round too. I don’t really care if it’s Bayern, Madrid or Juventus; Liverpool won’t be favored vs any of them.

Porto and Basel would be my next choice.

I am not keen on Besiktas or Shakhtar though

Besiktas would be a terrible match up for Klopp.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
...Besiktas would be a terrible match up for Klopp.
Babel’s revenge!

Seriously though I just don’t want them to have a long away trip. Closer to England the better.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Bayern-Liverpool would be a good story line.

Chelsea can only play Barca, Besiktas, or PSG. Probability of certain matchups will be very warped by four English teams winning their groups.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Keita's head has been up his ass all season. I had questions about his decision making when he is unable to get out & run last season, but this year he just doesn't even seem to care about making the smart decision. *sigh*

It's sad that a child like Laimer probably has the best brain in Leipzig's midfield.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Babel’s revenge!

Seriously though I just don’t want them to have a long away trip. Closer to England the better.

Besiktas certainly do have an "island of misfit toys" feel to them; but they are experienced at parking a mean bus and can be very clinical with their chances.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Salah no goals, but class plays, passes, and runs. Over and over again. Probably the best first season signing that Liverpool has ever made.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Besiktas certainly do have an "island of misfit toys" feel to them; but they are experienced at parking a mean bus and can be very clinical with their chances.
The horror. The horror.

Hard pass.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Keita's head has been up his ass all season. I had questions about his decision making when he is unable to get out & run last season, but this year he just doesn't even seem to care about making the smart decision. *sigh*

Don't think he wants to be there and with him already being signed by another team it probably makes matters worse.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

It's sad that a child like Laimer probably has the best brain in Leipzig's midfield.

Sad that so many players freely sign long contracts with the club of their choice and throw tantrums if they can't break them whenever they please.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
...you know that Besiktas is leading the group, right? Liepzig have lacked a little in the final third with Werner stuck on the wing and Hassenhuttl's "ideas" undermining their possession game; but they haven't been poor today at all and have crafted more than enough chances to win against the bus Besiktas has parked since their early goal. It's just not quite there for Leipzig today...so far.

Sure but there are terrible teams leading groups this year (group E) and in the past.

Plus I don't think RB came in to this year thinking that it would be ok not to advance because Beisiktas is playing better than expected. They seem to have some pretty big goals in mind with that club.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Uhhh, what?

Spartak could and should have easily won their game today and it would have had them through if they had. Surprising they came out with such a poor effort and basically just gave up against a weaker club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad