CL Group Stage Final Round

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sad that so many players freely sign long contracts with the club of their choice and throw tantrums if they can't break them whenever they please.

It's less about throwing a tantrum and more about having clearly already moved on in his head. Most are professional about situations like this like Lewandowski, Reus, Xhaka & Dahoud were; but Keita's just no longer present & is making some absolutely idiotic decisions out there because he's not really paying attention. Which is crazy to me. Why work as hard as he still is if you're not going to pay enough attention to not pick the wrong option in the final third, every single time?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
You guys heard that right? Liverpool just won a game 6-0 and allowed only one minor scoring chance when their opponents should have won very easily. Clearly the favorites in this competition now.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sure but there are terrible teams leading groups this year (group E) and in the past.

Plus I don't think RB came in to this year thinking that it would be ok not to advance because Beisiktas is playing better than expected. They seem to have some pretty big goals in mind with that club.

They have some pretty big LONGTERM goals with that club. They acknowledge before & after the draw that this year's european adventure was to be a learning experience.

555Upstairs

Unregistered User
Aug 13, 2016
Linz, Austria
You guys heard that right? Liverpool just won a game 6-0 and allowed only one minor scoring chance when their opponents should have won very easily. Clearly the favorites in this competition now.
Edit: Sorry, didn't get this was a response to some other post, makes sense now

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
lol finally Besiktas' defenders just fell out of his way so Keita didn't even have a decision to f*** up for the equalizer

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Other than the line about Bayern and Juve, mine were jokes.

In all seriousness now, Liverpool will have chances against anyone except RM. Can't really expect them to continue advancing, but it's really nice to be there and to have players that make supporters believe they have a chance. Doesn't really matter who they play exactly and it's nice to see the team continually progressing upward as the seasons go on. They've also been missing two starters all season and it seemed that the Clyne loss was going to loom larger as the season went on, except it hasn't and the team has more defensive solidity in the recent weeks than it did with him in it last season.

That's what really matters anyway, that you can turn on a game and you know there are a lot of players who will put in a good performance and effort.

555Upstairs

Unregistered User
Aug 13, 2016
Linz, Austria
This has been totally under the radar (understandably), but I really feel sorry for Maribor not beating Sevilla because their keeper ****** up.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Turned back a decade. English teams destroying Europe again.

You have to think that is going to come to an end next round.

Liverpool are almost certainly out no more easy draws and you can't think teams will lay down for them in the next round.

Tottenham almost certainly out unless they get very lucky with the draw.

Chelsea/United are heavily reliant on the draw but I don't think United can beat most of the teams they are likely to face.

Man Shitty should be able to advance.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
You have to think that is going to come to an end next round.

Liverpool are almost certainly out no more easy draws and you can't think teams will lay down for them in the next round.

Tottenham almost certainly out unless they get very lucky with the draw.

Chelsea/United are heavily reliant on the draw but I don't think United can beat most of the teams they are likely to face.

Man ****ty should be able to advance.
Still, 5 EPL teams advanced. 4 won their groups. That's insane.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Most likely only 1-2 EPL teams will advance from the next round. Shakhtar might go very far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad