CL Group Stage Final Round

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Most likely only 1-2 EPL teams will advance from the next round. Shakhtar might go very far.
The scenes when Liverpool and Arsenal win their respective European competitions, but finish 5th and 6th respectively in their domestic league. 6 English UCL teams.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
You have to think that is going to come to an end next round.

Liverpool are almost certainly out no more easy draws and you can't think teams will lay down for them in the next round.

Tottenham almost certainly out unless they get very lucky with the draw.

Chelsea/United are heavily reliant on the draw but I don't think United can beat most of the teams they are likely to face.

Man ****ty should be able to advance.

You don't know anything it seems like.

The draw is as follows.

Roma, Barcelona, Tottenham, Liverpool, PSG, Man United, Man City, Besiktas

Porto, Juventus, Real Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea, Shakhtar, Sevilla, Basel

Teams from the same country can't play each other, and neither can teams from the same group. If you think all the English teams will fall apart the next round you are totally deluded.

Reactions: All Might

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm not falling for this "Madrid finish second in their group and barely squeak by as they struggle in their league" act. They did that last year and look where they ended up. Bayern don't have Madrid's top quality.

If you say so

I would be very afraid of Madrid (but excited for the matchup)

If they don’t think they can pass Barca in La Liga, they are going to go 110% in CL

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
You don't know anything it seems like.

The draw is as follows.

Roma, Barcelona, Tottenham, Liverpool, PSG, Man United, Man City, Besiktas

Porto, Juventus, Real Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea, Shakhtar, Sevilla, Basel

Teams from the same country can't play each other, and neither can teams from the same group. If you think all the English teams will fall apart the next round you are totally deluded.

I don't think all will fall apart.

I think all the teams Liverpool could draw are better than them. I think Tottenham should beat Porto, Basel, Sevilla and Shaktar but with the way they have been playing this season are more likely to lose to everyone. Man U and Chelsea could get by with good draws but (United especially) I think they are out with one of the better clubs.

I think City likely goes through unless they get RM or Bayern and even then they have a chance.

So far from "think all the English teams will fall apart."

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Real Madrid's front line looks bad this year when not facing a leaky Dortmund and Appoel.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So much for good German football. Not much left these days...

Bosz, the inexperience of Leipzig n Hoffenheim, and last season's down years from Gladbach / Schalke / Leverkusen have really lead to a down campaign in europe this year. Hopefully BVB don't f*** up the replacement, cause Hoffenheim should drop off post-Nagelsmann and it can't all lie on Leipzig, BMG & Schalke to carry the non-Bayern weight.

Fortunately I'm very excited by where Leipzig & Gladbach seem to be headed; especially if Leipzig can get the right replacement for Hassenhuttl; while Schalke has the best duo in charge of the club that they've had in recent memory.

Reactions: 555Upstairs

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I don't think all will fall apart.

I think all the teams Liverpool could draw are better than them. I think Tottenham should beat Porto, Basel, Sevilla and Shaktar but with the way they have been playing for the past five PL games are more likely to lose to everyone. Man U and Chelsea could get by with good draws but (United especially) I think they are out with one of the better clubs.

I think City likely goes through unless they get RM or Bayern and even then they have a chance.

So far from "think all the English teams will fall apart."

Fixed.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
IIRC before they stat padded vs. Appoel, CR7 and Benzema had 1 goal between them.

Given that the announcer today said that Cristiano has scored in every match this group stage, I can say with extreme confidence that he has at least 2 goals alone against Tottenham.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Given that the announcer today said that Cristiano has scored in every match this group stage, I can say with extreme confidence that he has at least 2 goals alone against Tottenham.
Hmm must've been domestically then.

Still they're in poor form rn. Even spurs outclassed them lol.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Hmm must've been domestically then.

Still they're in poor form rn. Even spurs outclassed them lol.

Cristiano was poor domestically by his standards at least last year. He'll save something for the knockout rounds. Madrid had a very shaky qualification last year too. They dropped points in Poland, played poorly against Sporting, and drew twice against Dortmund. They have a few more gears left. I'm positive.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm confident Liverpool can beat any team in a 2 legged tie. Most of those teams can also beat Liverpool. However with Klopp's setup and a front 4 of Firmino/Coutinho/Mane/Salah (which is imo better than what he had at Dortmund) they can go far.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
?
That's the first time today I hear something like that. They were the better team and deserved that win, can't see why they shouldn't be happy with that game.
They were more clinical, in large part due to Dani Alves having a game for the ages... in the wrong sense of the word.
Bayern hardly dominated that game.
PSG was extremely disappointing, but Bayern certainly wasn't impressive.
In fact, I'd say only few players on the pitch were motivated. Hummels, Rudy, Tolisso, Coman and Ulreich showed will. Lewa for flashes too. For PSG, Mbappe and... well, Mbappe.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ronaldo's group stage stats:

6 games, 9 goals, 1 assist, 21 shots on target.

Yea that's pretty terrible.

What he said was not wrong... Real have looked abysmal. He just needed to include Tottenham in the sentence. Mind you it's at a much lesser degree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad