CL Group Stage Final Round

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Moreno done for the day. Milner coming on at LB.

Gutted for Moreno honestly. Really weird injury. Tried it out but couldn’t go. Reminded me a little of that flukey injury Coutinho had last year.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'd take Juve personally. They've looked very beatable and they're a big team with some great players. Tie could go either way but it'd be a nice match. Them or Bayern.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hope Robertson steps up. He's been good in every game he's played so far and I believe in him.

Also Monaco down 3-0 now. Tied for 2nd in the French league but couldn't win a single game in their CL group...yikes.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Depends who they play. I think he'd rather use Milner as a midfield sub though.
Not with Moreno out. I think it’s more likely they put Milner at LB and use Trent (or godforbid Woodburn) as a midfield option. Robertson will be on the bench more though just in case.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm still not overly comfortable with Moreno as our #1 option on the left. Yes, he's had a good season but he's still got that 'implosion waiting to happen' in him. I'd need to see a longer sample of him not turning into Morono for a new contract. I think Robertson can be that more reliable presence on the left and doesn't miss a step offensively (if his early goings have been any indication).

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think Moreno should given a new contract but obviously that's going to depend on how bad he's injured.
What game was it where Coutinho got injured last season I think it was right before the Derby too. Same thing where the ankle spun too much in a relatively innocent situation.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'm still not overly comfortable with Moreno as our #1 option on the left. Yes, he's had a good season but he's still got that 'implosion waiting to happen' in him. I'd need to see a longer sample of him not turning into Morono for a new contract. I think Robertson can be that more reliable presence on the left and doesn't miss a step offensively (if his early goings have been any indication).

Just one game of Morono so far this season though. Was more like every three games before that. I think Moreno's attacking threat is just a little bit superior to Robertson's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad