Dreger: Chychrun trade talks — latest media report AZ hasn’t lowered their asking price

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
Oooh. Good point. I took a course in undergrad about the Soviet Economy, as a 20 year old the textbook was 10x easier to understand than Das Kapital which I tried to read 8-10 years later. As you can probably imagine, the Western perspective on all of that was, "Market forces always win," we basically focussed on the fact that the centrally planned economy was really inefficient (it was done without computers wtf!!!!) and market forces were more powerful because a new class of ppl formed who were paid to wait in line to wait for the inefficiently priced staples like eggs and bread.

And obviously I don't know anything compared to someone who lived through that and became a medical doctor anyway (residency at UCSF??? Good job, you don't need me to tell you that).

Really is unfortunate neither of us have degrees in reading comprehension, otherwise maybe we'd have some credibility on this anonymous hockey message board
Going back to hockey (and politics). The only time in my life I got arrested was in 1972 after Czechoslovakia beat Soviet Union and won gold medals at World Cup.I was arrested for writing anti-soviet slogans on shopping windows with lipstick (provided by my mother....she was with me...she was a big hockey fan).
Not many people realize that in 1972 when historic Summit Series was played we were reigning World champions.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I don’t either but I don’t totally count them out on it like I do whenever Demko and Meier come up. Meier they won’t want to pay. Demko they aren’t trading assets for a goalie. Chychrun I can’t eliminate the same way. I believe they will add a D at some point because they…like…have to. Not at the asking price though. But then….no one has added him at that asking price. If it ever changes maybe they would.

I always error on the side that they won’t do anything…but they’re going to have to get another good D eventually. Once they pay Dahlin and Power (both probably this offseason when they are allowed to) That’s when I think they get more serious about it. They‘ll have cap certainty on their key players for years to come and can start sliding in guys to finish the job.

True, true. I wouldn't be 100% surprised if Buffalo landed Chychrun. I mean he is decent when healthy and under five mil a year. But I also think there's going to be a team with a lot less to lose future wise that will offer more then what Buffalo would be willing to part with. But who knows until the deed is done right?

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Apologies if this has already been mentioned or discussed, but the hockey writers suggested a block buster between the Pens and Yotes a few days ago. It was centred around;

Chychrun, Ritchie and Vegmelka to the Pens.

2023 1st, Owen Pickering (Pens 1st in 2022), Ty Smith, Kapanen, Dumoulin, DeSmith to Yotes.

• Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX and Kaizen

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Apologies if this has already been mentioned or discussed, but the hockey writers suggested a block buster between the Pens and Yotes a few days ago. It was centred around;

Chychrun, Ritchie and Vegmelka to the Pens.

2023 1st, Owen Pickering (Pens 1st in 2022), Ty Smith, Kapanen, Dumoulin, DeSmith to Yotes.

2023 1st and Pickering are the solid core of a proposal for Chychrun, maybe even enough on their own.

Everything else from the Pens is meh from AZ point of view. I don’t think AZ would trade Vejmelka for Ty Smith, Kapanen, Dumoulin and DeSmith. Doesn’t fit AZ rebuilding.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
two NBA superstars - legitimate superstars - get traded for huge hauls in the span of 3 days, and NHL GMs are still dicking around over what to do with a decent defenseman who asked to be traded a year and a half ago. And the NHL "hot stove" report is that NHL GMs are in a frenzy over...checks notes...Nick Seeler (?), but Philly isn't going to trade him. lmao. this sport is boring to an absurd degree.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Well, technically Buffalo could, but I don't think they would.
I think they should. Maybe not Chychrun, but I hope they invest in 1 more good defenseman in their age profile.

A solid core of 4-5 defensemen can really cover up for a goalie tandem that is middle of the pack.
I also think the bang-for-the-buck is better on defense salary.

I'm really leaning to Buffalo as the team from the East to start following as the sun starts to set on the Bruins core. They are already fun to watch and should only get better

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
One is a radio host with sources in the organization. There is your weight.😛

I’m saying when you say “couple sites” and “radio host”, it doesn’t mean anything unless there are names and sources attached.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I’m saying when you say “couple sites” and “radio host”, it doesn’t mean anything unless there are names and sources attached.
The radio host is Jeremy White from WGR, who *probably* has a legitimate source.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The guy who was the first to report a few days before that Cozens and Sabres were close on an extension said the following

Seems like Buffalo is gunning hard for him. Time will tell if it comes to fruition. It takes two to tango!

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
two NBA superstars - legitimate superstars - get traded for huge hauls in the span of 3 days, and NHL GMs are still dicking around over what to do with a decent defenseman who asked to be traded a year and a half ago. And the NHL "hot stove" report is that NHL GMs are in a frenzy over...checks notes...Nick Seeler (?), but Philly isn't going to trade him. lmao. this sport is boring to an absurd degree.
But, oh the parody

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad