Dreger: Chychrun trade talks — latest media report AZ hasn’t lowered their asking price

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Cap Dumps that need to be added for teams?

Oilers: Have to add Pulju + Ceci to make it work?
Leafs: Kerfoot + Clifford?
Columbus: ???? No idea, this seems like it would be a hockey trade?
LA: Maybe finally move on from Quick?
Ottawa: Zaitsev

Reactions: banks

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Transcript of the relevant portion of that video (towards the very start):
Geno Reda: "Darren, it was a busy summer for Jakob Chychrun. He had some surgery to remove bone spurs from his ankle, had some more work done on his wrist. And now teams are circling to try to lure him out of the desert?"

Darren Dreger: "Yeah. Well, look, there's no secret that Jake Chychrun wants out of the Arizona Coyotes, but the Arizona Coyotes still tell everybody that they're willing to be patient. Although what is clear now, as the regular season is fast approaching is that the trade interest in Chychrun is once again intensifying. Some say the Coyotes have softened to some degree - at least in their expected return - and are more willing now to take on a contract or contracts. Granted, you've got to have a first round draft pick, you've got to have a prospect involved in all of this. So the ask is still high.

"Now, some of the teams that are listed with interest include the Ottawa Senators, the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Edmonton Oilers, the Los Angeles Kings, the St. Louis Blues, the Columbus Blue Jackets, and on and on it goes. However, it's a challenging one. Despite the quality of the player and the contract, there's some cap hurdles that many of the teams I just mentioned are going to have to overcome."

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Welcome to HFBoards, where shiny prospects are already better than established NHL AllStars!

That being said, Clarke is a stud and it would be foolish to move him.

Oh they definitely shouldn't move Clarke, I think Grans makes a lot more sense as the RD piece to move. I think Turcotte and Grans as the main pieces for Chychrun would definitely get Arizona's attention, and the Kings aren't really giving up any pieces they can't afford to give up there. The Kings are super deep at RD and C it seems.

knifer

Sep 4, 2006
yk
Cap Dumps that need to be added for teams?

Oilers: Have to add Pulju + Ceci to make it work?
Leafs: Kerfoot + Clifford?
Columbus: ???? No idea, this seems like it would be a hockey trade?
LA: Maybe finally move on from Quick?
Ottawa: Zaitsev
I know at least for the Oilers , Ceci is not a cap dump, hes a god damn bargain at his salary.

Ledge And Dairy

-30 "top" pair.

Edit: King's can play a RD on their off side
Drew Doughty was -34 in 18/19 but last time I checked he is top pairing and excellent defensively. Maybe don't use +/- as the basis of an argument because Chychrun is very strong defensively but had one of those road hockey net covers as his starting goalie.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Holl as well, he would have to be involved if we're going after Chychrun
This seems like it would be way too costly for Toronto then? Clifford + Holl to take for Arizona. Kerfoot + 1st just doesn't cut it for Arizona at that point. And any more seems way too pricey.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Not even sure how this would work between the Kings and Yotes?
Turcotte is off the table since he hasn’t been healthy in 3 years.. so what center would they target if they even want a center.
Clarke is going nowhere, but Durzi could be had. One would assume Walker would be included but I wouldn’t be surprised if they tried to move Iafallo or Petersen.

I don’t see anything the Yotes would want from the Kings once you remove Byfield, Clarke, Kaliyev and Spence???

Petersen
Grans
Durzi
Pinelli/Madden/Thomas/JAD/Vilardi??
2nd, I doubt Blake gives us a first if he gives up 3-4 players

Reactions: kinghock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad