Dreger: Chychrun trade talks — latest media report AZ hasn’t lowered their asking price

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Who is going to give AZ an early 1st?!?! Who's being delusional now? What GM would want Chychrun over Bedard.

Jeeeese!!!!

Fun fact: there are about 10-12 odd picks that come after the 1OA that would be considered "early" relative to any playoff team.

Making the jump from an "early 1st" = "Bedard for Chychrun" is the real crime here

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Who is going to give AZ an early 1st?!?! Who's being delusional now? What GM would want Chychrun over Bedard.

Jeeeese!!!!
Define early i guess. The rumour is AZ/ Columbus had a deal at the draft that likely included the 12th overall pick. Deal fell apart when it became apparent that Chychrun didn’t want to go to Columbus. Chychrun also apparently changed his mind after Johnny Hockey signed.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
That's a factor I worry about as an Oiler fan. Small moves like the Kassian dump are one thing. Is Arizona ready to trade a core piece within the conference? Teams don't like doing that.

My hope is that the Oilers have a lot of desire to get him and will have the best offer as well. Maybe if we overpay a bit we can overcome the usual trend.

As a Zona fan who likes hockey, 100% agree with this (and I think most other hockey fans would too). I feel like prime McDrai deserves a legitimate cup contending roster, and imo it's a travesty that EDM mgmt hasn't gone after the cup the same way TB has. Would also love to see Chychrun on a legitimate cup-contender, hopefully Holland and Bill Armstrong can work something out

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Define early i guess. The rumour is AZ/ Columbus had a deal at the draft that likely included the 12th overall pick. Deal fell apart when it became apparent that Chychrun didn’t want to go to Columbus. Chychrun also apparently changed his mind after Johnny Hockey signed.

If I was him, I would have changed my mind again.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
No I did not.I don't know how old you are but reading comprehension is not your strength
You made a fool of yourself and now your jabbing with cheap insults as you back-pedal.

You should do a proposal: "Chychrun to Anaheim for a 2023 1st" since you scoff at late 1st round proposals.

Tell me about your educational experience while you're at it. Do you hold a degree in Reading Comprehension? What school did you go to?

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
You made a fool of yourself and now your jabbing with cheap insults as you back-pedal.

You should do a proposal: "Chychrun to Anaheim for a 2023 1st" since you scoff at late 1st round proposals.

Tell me about your educational experience while you're at it. Do you hold a degree in Reading Comprehension? What school did you go to?
I am retired medical doctor if you need to now.Graduated in 1982,Charles University in Prague,I did my residency in UCSF and I practiced in California,North and South Carolina and Arizona

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
https://enewspaper.bostonherald.com/get_image.aspx?w=280&eid=b4cd71d1-219f-4b02-97e4-cffc648cb8cd&pnum=40&lm=63811453454080

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019

Not really.

There was a proposal that said something about "late first+" that was a bad proposal. He reacted to it saying it was a bad proposal.

That is NOT the same thing as saying Chychrun will get an early 1st, or Chychrun = Bedard or anything close to that. There's something called a mid 1st (say pick 12-15) which has already been pointed out to you earlier this page. Multiple times, from multiple posters. So even if you didn't reason it out when you saw it initially, at this point there's really no way anyone should be misinterpreting what he said. This isn't difficult.

So no, @Nowotny isn't backpedaling and in my opinion he's not the one making a fool of himself in this particular conversation.

Lastly, 'degrees in reading comprehension' don't exist. Not sure where you got that idea from

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Not really.

There was a proposal that said something about "late first+" that was a bad proposal. He reacted to it saying it was a bad proposal.

That is NOT the same thing as saying Chychrun will get an early 1st, or Chychrun = Bedard or anything close to that. There's something called a mid 1st (say pick 12-15) which has already been pointed out to you earlier this page. Multiple times, from multiple posters. So even if you didn't reason it out when you saw it initially, at this point there's really no way anyone should be misinterpreting what he said. This isn't difficult.

So no, @Nowotny isn't backpedaling and in my opinion he's not the one making a fool of himself in this particular conversation.

Lastly, 'degrees in reading comprehension' don't exist. Not sure where you got that idea from
It's cute.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I'm fairly confident LA gets the job done.

No team can offer the amount of assets as they can. If anything LA is looking to unload players and prospects with the little room they have on the roster.

Freakin Jordan Spence has been in the AHL all year which is absurd.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I'm fairly confident LA gets the job done.

No team can offer the amount of assets as they can. If anything LA is looking to unload players and prospects with the little room they have on the roster.

Freakin Jordan Spence has been in the AHL all year which is absurd.

Well, technically Buffalo could, but I don't think they would.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
No unfortunately....but I had to study Marxism-Leninism if that helps

This convo has gone from absurd to absurdist.

In all seriousness, would you be able to summarize Marxism in a few paragraphs? I tried reading Das Kapital as a late 20-something for no real reason, ended up putting it down after about 100 pages or so, basically every page or two I had to put the book down to wrap my head around whatever new concept Marx was talking about, let alone how those ideas fit together. Definition of a commodity, political arithmetic etc, you understand this better than I do.

If you don't feel comfortable with that request, no worries, I just thought maybe the rest of us could use this opportunity to actually learn something instead of whatever nonsense we usually talk about (and are currently talking about) on these boards. Figured it was worth an ask

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
This convo has gone from absurd to absurdist.

In all seriousness, would you be able to summarize Marxism in a few paragraphs? I tried reading Das Kapital as a late 20-something for no real reason, ended up putting it down after about 100 pages or so, basically every page or two I had to put the book down to wrap my head around whatever new concept Marx was talking about, let alone how those ideas fit together. Definition of a commodity, political arithmetic etc, you understand this better than I do.

If you don't feel comfortable with that request, no worries, I just thought maybe the rest of us could use this opportunity to actually learn something instead of whatever nonsense we usually talk about (and are currently talking about) on these boards. Figured it was worth an ask
I grew up in (then) communist country (AKA workers paradise) and we all had to learn Russian and study Marxism-Leninism.Learning Russian was fine but Marxism was as useful as Czech Navy.I thought that shit was dead but unfortunately it keeps coming back in different form

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
I grew up in (then) communist country (AKA workers paradise) and we all had to learn Russian and study Marxism-Leninism.Learning Russian was fine but Marxism was as useful as Czech Navy.I thought that shit was dead but unfortunately it keeps coming back in different form

Oooh. Good point. I took a course in undergrad about the Soviet Economy, as a 20 year old the textbook was 10x easier to understand than Das Kapital which I tried to read 8-10 years later. As you can probably imagine, the Western perspective on all of that was, "Market forces always win," we basically focussed on the fact that the centrally planned economy was really inefficient (it was done without computers wtf!!!!) and market forces were more powerful because a new class of ppl formed who were paid to wait in line to wait for the inefficiently priced staples like eggs and bread.

And obviously I don't know anything compared to someone who lived through that and became a medical doctor anyway (residency at UCSF??? Good job, you don't need me to tell you that).

Really is unfortunate neither of us have degrees in reading comprehension, otherwise maybe we'd have some credibility on this anonymous hockey message board

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Well, technically Buffalo could, but I don't think they would.
I don’t either but I don’t totally count them out on it like I do whenever Demko and Meier come up. Meier they won’t want to pay. Demko they aren’t trading assets for a goalie. Chychrun I can’t eliminate the same way. I believe they will add a D at some point because they…like…have to. Not at the asking price though. But then….no one has added him at that asking price. If it ever changes maybe they would.

I always error on the side that they won’t do anything…but they’re going to have to get another good D eventually. Once they pay Dahlin and Power (both probably this offseason when they are allowed to) That’s when I think they get more serious about it. They‘ll have cap certainty on their key players for years to come and can start sliding in guys to finish the job.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad