Dreger: Chychrun trade talks — latest media report AZ hasn’t lowered their asking price

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
But, oh the parody

honestly, if you told me the Nick Seeler bit was an intention parody of the NHL trade deadline, I would believe it. Like, you can't construct a joke that's funnier and also hits the nail so squarely on the head of NHL GMs, than "There's rampant interest in Nick Seeler (30 year old journeyman borderline NHL/AHL defenseman making $750k) but Philly is adamant that he is NOT FOR SALE!" lol. lmao.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
This doesn’t hold any weight though.
You need to pay attention to Sabrespace site. That is a tight knit Sabres fan community, a couple of members have proven track records of dead accurate info before any other source. When they post, fans listen, because they don't post rumors, and they aren't out for revognition. You'd be foolish not to heed the info. Just an FYI.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
You need to pay attention to Sabrespace site. That is a tight knit Sabres fan community, a couple of members have proven track records of dead accurate info before any other source. When they post, fans listen, because they don't post rumors, and they aren't out for revognition. You'd be foolish not to heed the info. Just an FYI.

Uh, that’s great, but this is HFBoards, so why would I do that? No one said the information is bunk, but it doesn’t mean anything to anyone else if it’s “a couple sites” without a name.

It’s like saying “Reddit says the Earth is flat” - none of that means anything until you know who is claiming what.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I think they should. Maybe not Chychrun, but I hope they invest in 1 more good defenseman in their age profile.

A solid core of 4-5 defensemen can really cover up for a goalie tandem that is middle of the pack.
I also think the bang-for-the-buck is better on defense salary.

I'm really leaning to Buffalo as the team from the East to start following as the sun starts to set on the Bruins core. They are already fun to watch and should only get better

They do need a young quality Defencemen for sure. I just don't know if Buffalo will give what the asking price seems to be for Chychrun. If Buffalo does aquire him, I just hope they do it smartly.

Reactions: AslanRH

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
A Boston deal is 1st + Lorhei + SOMETHING + one or both of Smith and Reilly.

Is that something Lysell, another 1st, a roster piece or another prospect? Shrug. No sense fighting here over it.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Uh, that’s great, but this is HFBoards, so why would I do that? No one said the information is bunk, but it doesn’t mean anything to anyone else if it’s “a couple sites” without a name.

It’s like saying “Reddit says the Earth is flat” - none of that means anything until you know who is claiming what.

Probably a Kyrie burner account...

Actually... I retract that statement. Kyrie the type of guy to just outright say it and not back down from that stance after doing a circle of the globe himself

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad