Value of: Chris Tanev

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
LOL. JVR has exactly ONE 30 goal season, which just happens to be his ONE 60 point season as well.

for his Leafs career, his pace is 29.1 goals and 58.8 pts per 82 games...not exactly a giant embellishment. That's his last 262 games, so the sample is significant

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
No thanks, he's quickly turning into a two way stud under Babs.

One singular game against McDavid negates 26 entire years of play? He's never, ever been known as a defensive player in 26 years.

He's made improvements and can certainly continue to grow into this new role, but "quickly turning into a two way stud" is an extremely extreme thing to say about Kadri at this point.

When you picture all the "two-way studs" of the league, players like Kesler Bergeron Kopitar Toews come to mind... Kadri is very low on the list.

But its TML so its understandable. Kadri's a selke winner, Andersen is either on waivers or best goalie in league depending on which night, Kapanen is best prospect in world, Gardiner is a bonafide #2 with huge upside on both sides of the puck.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
One singular game against McDavid negates 26 entire years of play? He's never, ever been known as a defensive player in 26 years.

He's made improvements and can certainly continue to grow into this new role, but "quickly turning into a two way stud" is an extremely extreme thing to say about Kadri at this point.

When you picture all the "two-way studs" of the league, players like Kesler Bergeron Kopitar Toews come to mind... Kadri is very low on the list.

But its TML so its understandable. Kadri's a selke winner, Andersen is either on waivers or best goalie in league depending on which night, Kapanen is best prospect in world, Gardiner is a bonafide #2 with huge upside on both sides of the puck.

could you provide a link to the list of "two way studs" from a scholarly source so that the rest of us may properly apply the term?

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
Gardiner for Dorsett?

Probably a fair deal. Gardiner is 5th in ice time on the leagues worst blueline. He's one of the worst defenders in the game today and sits on an outrageous 4 million dollar cap hit for 3 more years. Can't see this asset being worth anything at all, possibly negative value. The guy can't possibly eclipse 31 points and he's extremely one-dimensional. He's not good at offense, he's not good at defense and every single statistic and result confirms this except for corsi which is 100% justified as his pitfalls come from glaring calamitous mistakes as opposed to shot attempt ratios. Leafs would be wise to pull the trigger on this one.

TeamBester

Debunked
Feb 15, 2010
Kingston, Ontario

Kadri has been matching up against top lines since Babs started, and doing very well. Maybe try watching the Leafs games instead of scouting on TSN?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
The last part is the most reasonable thing I've seen you post. And we have ties to not liking each other's posts as far back as Lui to Toronto.
But hey, at least you can admit defeat and when you're wrong. Unlike many of your leaf counterparts.
Not sure what i am wrong about...been a fan of Tanev for a long time...have said so many times. Have also said JVR deal doesn't work for Vancouver jyst as trading the kids for Tanev doesnt work for TO.

And man i miss those Luongo threads...lol.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver

Kulemin is the next datsyuk.

685741_1.jpg

Alexander Edler

Dec 9, 2015
Vancouver BC
I wouldn't trade Tanev until after the loto. If we are getting 1 or 2 is say trade Tanev for what we need whish is a 1sr line center or winger that is under 26 if we trade Tanev for a center draft Liljegren if we trade him for a winger then we have the option between Patrick Liljegren and Vilardi to fill what we need. Or we don't trade Tanev and draft Liljegren and out defence goes like this
Juolevi-Liljegren
Hutton-Tanev
Tryamkin-Gudbranson/Stetcher
Tell me that isn't great lmao

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hall, but no, a 1st and prospect/young goal scorer seems right for rebuild or since we're win now lol a real good top 6er and stuff

I'd like to add that I am terrified to see what we're like if we trade him.

Did Tanev win the Norris during a magical year? How on earth do you gauge his value to be that high?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Probably a fair deal. Gardiner is 5th in ice time on the leagues worst blueline. He's one of the worst defenders in the game today and sits on an outrageous 4 million dollar cap hit for 3 more years. Can't see this asset being worth anything at all, possibly negative value. The guy can't possibly eclipse 31 points and he's extremely one-dimensional. He's not good at offense, he's not good at defense and every single statistic and result confirms this except for corsi which is 100% justified as his pitfalls come from glaring calamitous mistakes as opposed to shot attempt ratios. Leafs would be wise to pull the trigger on this one.

for dorsett? errhhh no.

Garidner is well on his way to smashing 31 pts on this team that can actually finish btw. 7pts in 12 games with an even plus minus and great possesion numbers but now he is worth a 4th line goon who is afraid to fight other goons but goes after a european? hard pass

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
what do you want for maatta?

Nothing you guys have and he's not available, that's also off topic as he has nothing to do with this thread. Was it some attempt at some point you were going to make that is clearly absent?

I asked a straight up question in regards to the player the thread is titled after.

Moorpheus*

|GERMAN/IDEALISM\
Apr 14, 2015
Kapanen and a real good chance at Patrick/Liljegren for Tanev....not a chance

There is zero chance we're bottom three.

They could easily be 9-3 right now.

The person we draft probably isn't even going to be able to help us for 3-4 years.

I'll take my chances with a low end 1D.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Nothing you guys have and he's not available, that's also off topic as he has nothing to do with this thread. Was it some attempt at some point you were going to make that is clearly absent?

I asked a straight up question in regards to the player the thread is titled after.

If you don't understand the point I was trying to make then I will enlighten you. You probably value Maatta the same way no? Has he won a Norris trophy that I wasn't aware of or something?

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I wouldn't trade Tanev until after the loto. If we are getting 1 or 2 is say trade Tanev for what we need whish is a 1sr line center or winger that is under 26 if we trade Tanev for a center draft Liljegren if we trade him for a winger then we have the option between Patrick Liljegren and Vilardi to fill what we need. Or we don't trade Tanev and draft Liljegren and out defence goes like this
Juolevi-Liljegren
Hutton-Tanev
Tryamkin-Gudbranson/Stetcher
Tell me that isn't great lmao

Poor Edler, $5m healthy scratch again!

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Heard on the broadcast he's out long term. Explains his shaky start to the year.

He's a very good player but not one I'll be giving up the farm for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad