Oregon
Speed, skill and offence are some missing pieces from Van so;

JVR
Gardiner

For

Tanev
Sbisa (or another dump)
Prospect/pick

Jvr is struggling despite playing with Marner and is one of Leafs disappointong forwards this year.

We also need to keep our picks so depends on what pick.

However its tempting to pry Sbisa off our hands while getting a decent top 4 dman back.

Not bad but still gonna refuse.

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams
The deal that seems most palatable and fair value that's come up that Canuck fans have been the warmest to is:

Nuge for Tanev straight up.

If we weren't in division and didn't have more of a need for a PMD on the right side, I'd likely pull the trigger. Fits both teams needs really well. If we didn't already acquire Larsson, I'd do it. Nuge might even have more value than Hall being a Centre and he can play 5v5 top line match ups, kill penalties, and play on the PP. Especially after the World Cup more people got to see the subtleties that makes Nuge a very good player.

Ugh.. I would love to do a trade like that. Nuge IMO is the Oilers second best Centre (behind McJesus)... but I feel as though adding Tanev to the Oilers would seriously hurt the Nucks' in the long-run. Him and Larsson would be able to shut-down the teams abysmal offence even more-so in the coming years.

tl;dr: I'm conflicted.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
According to update from Vancouver, Edler is injure "day to day". In same Tweet they say Tanev "is something more and will be longer".
Edler is less of a worry, probably just some soreness from actually throwing a hit. Tanev might be a broken foot, which is seriously worrisome as it cripples the Canucks defensive depth.

Ya, you can tell by the huge amount of great offers from other fans. I highly doubt Edmonton moves Nuge for Tanev, they've made their move. There is a thread that says the Canucks are looking for a 20 goal scoring forward, JVR is that. Do i think Vancouver should trade Tanev? Maybe not. Do i think he's worth a top 5 pick/Marner/Nylander? No, i don't.
Really man you can used car salesman JVR all you want, so far there has been oodles of Canucks fans who don't want him and maybe one handful of that would work a deal with major plus adds from the Leafs. So far it's 30 pages of crap proposals from Leafs fans and a vast majority of Canucks and others saying he's worth more than you're offering so why do you continue? It's ok to bow out when you're shooting above your head man, it's ok to admit defeat in a battle you won't win.

Eakin
Honka
Janmark
Lindell

For

Tanev
Granlund
Fairly close. 2 quality defence prospects a now centre for depth and Janmark who I'm only slightly familiar with in that he's a decent bottom 6 option for an NHL team who won't completely hurt you on the ice but won't blow you away either.
This would actually really help the Stars and Granlund would have better forwards to move the puck too and be in a real depth scoring role, not a depth scoring role that is relying on him to score 20 goals 40 points to even sniff the playoffs. Still leaves you with **** in net, but hey I guess that happens

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
The deal that seems most palatable and fair value that's come up that Canuck fans have been the warmest to is:

Nuge for Tanev straight up.

If we weren't in division and didn't have more of a need for a PMD on the right side, I'd likely pull the trigger. Fits both teams needs really well. If we didn't already acquire Larsson, I'd do it. Nuge might even have more value than Hall being a Centre and he can play 5v5 top line match ups, kill penalties, and play on the PP. Especially after the World Cup more people got to see the subtleties that makes Nuge a very good player.
Ugh.. I would love to do a trade like that. Nuge IMO is the Oilers second best Centre (behind McJesus)... but I feel as though adding Tanev to the Oilers would seriously hurt the Nucks' in the long-run. Him and Larsson would be able to shut-down the teams abysmal offence even more-so in the coming years.

tl;dr: I'm conflicted.

Oilers defense would be a complete 180 from last year if they did this deal.

I'd do that deal though, as the canucks need help up front badly.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Fairly close. 2 quality defence prospects a now centre for depth and Janmark who I'm only slightly familiar with in that he's a decent bottom 6 option for an NHL team who won't completely hurt you on the ice but won't blow you away either.
This would actually really help the Stars and Granlund would have better forwards to move the puck too and be in a real depth scoring role, not a depth scoring role that is relying on him to score 20 goals 40 points to even sniff the playoffs. Still leaves you with **** in net, but hey I guess that happens

Eakin can play wing as well, equal to production. Janmark is the same way.

I look at the forwards in this deal as giving Vancouver good depth, with NHL ready defense(with future) that will help mitigate the loss of Tanev.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Jvr is struggling despite playing with Marner and is one of Leafs disappointong forwards this year.

We also need to keep our picks so depends on what pick.

However its tempting to pry Sbisa off our hands while getting a decent top 4 dman back.

Not bad but still gonna refuse.

Jvr has had a bad couple games, I wouldnt say a guy with 4g/3a in 11 games is sturggling. He is pretty much right at his career pace in terms of production.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Edler is less of a worry, probably just some soreness from actually throwing a hit. Tanev might be a broken foot, which is seriously worrisome as it cripples the Canucks defensive depth.

Really man you can used car salesman JVR all you want, so far there has been oodles of Canucks fans who don't want him and maybe one handful of that would work a deal with major plus adds from the Leafs. So far it's 30 pages of crap proposals from Leafs fans and a vast majority of Canucks and others saying he's worth more than you're offering so why do you continue? It's ok to bow out when you're shooting above your head man, it's ok to admit defeat in a battle you won't win.

What is a broken foot?

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Eakin can play wing as well, equal to production. Janmark is the same way.

I look at the forwards in this deal as giving Vancouver good depth, with NHL ready defense(with future) that will help mitigate the loss of Tanev.

Eakin Sutter tandem as a shutdown line, not bad. Especially if we keep Hansen.
Lindell has the size and Honka the offence. I hate losing Tanev, but this deal makes sense, we even have like 4 contract spots open.
I'd slightly begrudgingly agree, maybe look to move Edler away in the summer depending the development of these two.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
With the aquilini's in charge Vancouver will never go the route of full on rebuild. A player like JVR is in the middle of his prime so you get him at peak with 0 development curve. JVR would currently be your 3rd best forward and would anchor a secondary unit with sutter and Sven.
I know fans want a full on rebuild (I'm a leafs fan living in the lower mainland) but it's just not going to happen. If pressure starts to mount on Benning by ownership to make a move you have to think a hockey deal that shakes up the make up of the roster is more likely than a fire sale.

That's great and all but we don't want jvr. We will offer you Hansen Dorsett and a 2nd for Rielly until you are so sick of telling us no you contemplate never returning here. We are not a good club but that doesn't mean we are trading our best players for your expendables. Give us a top prospect or don't bother

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Tanev is the most overrated player on these boards. Did someone say Nuge for Tanev is fair? :laugh:

he is over rated because we don't want jvr? ok. I would move him for the right trade. If you notice, everyone else is asking for him but its us over rating, yeah makes sense.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

I will respond to the points about my post:

A: I haven't proposed anything.

B: I am not "used car selling".anything as I have stated multiple times in this thread that there is no deal between TO/Van.

C: The only reason I responded at all was because I enjoyed the irony of a Nucks fan telling me about JVR',s shortcomings when the whole dam Canucks roster hasn't registered a point in what.....3 games?

Oh, I also stated I don't think the Canucks should/will trade Tanev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad