Value of: Chris Tanev

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Has JVR been offered yet.

He is in every trade proposals even though other teams' fans dont want him.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Has Tanev won a Norris yet? He is being praised as a top 5 #1D.

Great comment. Usual comment when you can't defend a trade so you just attack the opposing teams player by saying "has he won the Norris yet?" :laugh: Yeah cause if a defend man hasn't won the Norris that mean he's s*** and clearly JVR is worth more:laugh: Chris Tanev is a top pairing #2 dman and for the leafs it would take Nylander or Marner. We don't want your older second teir pieces like Kaden/JVR/Gardiner even though they are good ice hockey players

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
chris tanev is objectively really good at ice hockey, i'm not sure why people suggests he's overrated? because we're not trading a #2 prime aged dman signed long term for an underpayment?

if you actually understand stats that don't just count points than you know tanev is absolutely excellent.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Tanev is the most overrated player on these boards. Did someone say Nuge for Tanev is fair? :laugh:

probably along the lines of what we'll hear when he returns an underwhelming package. every **** trade we have had under benning has resulted in the same ******** spiel from our benning loving media about our players having no value.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
on a good team Tanev is a second pairing D-man. Due to the lack of other solid D-men on the nucks back end he is more valuable to the nucks then what other teams would be willing to pay for him. Due to the ask from canuck fans other fans believe he is overrated and due to the fact other fans are not willing to give up what nuck fans want nucks fans believe he is underrated.

Nuck fans will disagree with my statement or they may not

For me Tanev is more valuable to the Nucks then what they can get for him

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
on a good team Tanev is a second pairing D-man. Due to the lack of other solid D-men on the nucks back end he is more valuable to the nucks then what other teams would be willing to pay for him. Due to the ask from canuck fans other fans believe he is overrated and due to the fact other fans are not willing to give up what nuck fans want nucks fans believe he is underrated.

Nuck fans will disagree with my statement or they may not

For me Tanev is more valuable to the Nucks then what they can get for him

ideally sure you want him on your second pairing. He doesn't produce enough to be a high end 1st pairing guy. however, he is a player you can use there and will never hurt your team doing so.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
chris tanev is objectively really good at ice hockey, i'm not sure why people suggests he's overrated? because we're not trading a #2 prime aged dman signed long term for an underpayment?

if you actually understand stats that don't just count points than you know tanev is absolutely excellent.

Sharks' fan here and I agree. Tanev is an excellent top-pairing D-man. He's one of the best defensive D-men in the NHL. Ppl who say he's a 2nd-pairing D are underrating him. I'd love to have Tanev on the Sharks but our D is solid and it wouldn't be worth the assets to get him for us.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I love when other fans make a thread for a player that is not currently being shopped, is valued by both the GM and fans, and then complain that said player is overrated because the trash offers are being rejected.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Has Tanev won a Norris yet? He is being praised as a top 5 #1D.

We watch the guy every single night. We know how good he is. It was the same thing on here with Schneider. A bunch of us talked about how good he was but nobody believed.

Please stop with JVR, thank you.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Great comment. Usual comment when you can't defend a trade so you just attack the opposing teams player by saying "has he won the Norris yet?" :laugh: Yeah cause if a defend man hasn't won the Norris that mean he's s*** and clearly JVR is worth more:laugh: Chris Tanev is a top pairing #2 dman and for the leafs it would take Nylander or Marner. We don't want your older second teir pieces like Kaden/JVR/Gardiner even though they are good ice hockey players

Alrighty.....(soothing sounds of Koombya playing in the background)....seems a sarcastic response to a sarcastic post isn't allowed if you are a Leaf fan....sorry Nucks fans.

A. Please see my responses in the countless Tanev threads, i have said in all of them that there isn't a deal between these 2 teams.

B. Not once have i proposed JVR for Tanev....or any proposal actually.

C. If fans are allowed to continually bash JVR about "shortcomings", be prepared for some rebuttals in the same tone....if JVR is nothing more than a one dimensional scorer....then is Tanev not a one dimensional defender who doesn't score?

D. Older second tier? JVR is 27 years old....Tanev is __ years old? (Fill in the blank)

In closing: I am more than fine with Nucks fans not wanting to trade Tanev for a deal revolving around JVR, I may even agree with you. Nucks fans should also understand why we as Leaf fans would not deal Nylander/Marner/1st.

I will now offer a Bluetooth hug to all Nucks fans i may have unintentionally offended and back away quietly.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Alrighty.....(soothing sounds of Koombya playing in the background)....seems a sarcastic response to a sarcastic post isn't allowed if you are a Leaf fan....sorry Nucks fans.

A. Please see my responses in the countless Tanev threads, i have said in all of them that there isn't a deal between these 2 teams.

B. Not once have i proposed JVR for Tanev....or any proposal actually.

C. If fans are allowed to continually bash JVR about "shortcomings", be prepared for some rebuttals in the same tone....if JVR is nothing more than a one dimensional scorer....then is Tanev not a one dimensional defender who doesn't score?

D. Older second tier? JVR is 27 years old....Tanev is __ years old? (Fill in the blank)

In closing: I am more than fine with Nucks fans not wanting to trade Tanev for a deal revolving around JVR, I may even agree with you. Nucks fans should also understand why we as Leaf fans would not deal Nylander/Marner/1st.

I will now offer a Bluetooth hug to all Nucks fans i may have unintentionally offended and back away quietly.

The last part is the most reasonable thing I've seen you post. And we have ties to not liking each other's posts as far back as Lui to Toronto.
But hey, at least you can admit defeat and when you're wrong. Unlike many of your leaf counterparts.

TeamBester

Debunked
Feb 15, 2010
Kingston, Ontario

You aren't going to get a Nylander or a Marner for a #2 D. Realistically a 26 year old #2 has the same value as JVR, a first line winger. Marner and Nylander have much more value, all things considered.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Tanev is absolutely a 2D. One of the best shutdown guys in the league, and contrary to the popular belief of stat watchers (or trade board poachers), you need those guys just like you need puck moving defensemen.

If I'm the Canucks, I'm not moving Tanev for anything less than a 1C. You don't get a defenseman around the top 30-35 mark for cheap, that's for sure.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
You aren't going to get a Nylander or a Marner for a #2 D. Realistically a 26 year old #2 has the same value as JVR, a first line winger. Marner and Nylander have much more value, all things considered.

JVR is not a 1st line winger on a contending team IMO. Tanev is absolutely worth more. Top pairing defensman>>Fringe first line winger.

jonnygf40

Oct 23, 2009
How many contending teams have 60 point 30 goal 2nd line wingers? He's big, fast, and has nice hands. He's absolutely a top line winger.

LOL. JVR has exactly ONE 30 goal season, which just happens to be his ONE 60 point season as well.

TeamBester

Debunked
Feb 15, 2010
Kingston, Ontario
LOL. JVR has exactly ONE 30 goal season, which just happens to be his ONE 60 point season as well.

And since has a 56 (27 goals)point season. 29 (14 goals) points in forty games and 10 in 12 games thus far. You really going to split hairs?

If it makes you happier let's just say 55+ point 28 goal winger. Ugh...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad