Value of: Chris Tanev

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
So top line forward, top 45 pick & a top 5 system prospect isn't enough for a D man who can't score.
Okay, what realistically would you want from Toronto?

Overall value-wise, it's not a horrible offer but if the Canucks are going to trade Tanev, they'd be better suited to get a better fit age and contract wise to JVR who's an UFA after next season. As has been discussed many, many times, the only two players on the Leafs that really fit that bill are Marner/Nylander, both of whom aren't being moved by the Leafs. Hence, the two teams aren't good trading partners.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The canucks been losing alot and the only person who has high value is Chris Tanev what is his value atm?

Seen many times this HF screwy logic.

Goes like this,

Tanev > Larsson
Hall = Larsson

therefore value is > Hall.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Seen many times this HF screwy logic.

Goes like this,

Tanev > Larsson
Hall = Larsson

therefore value is > Hall.

That's great, we still don't want JVR so stop putting him in trades for Tanev. Its not happening.

We give reasons or say no and you still don't listen. Instead of accepting that, you try to sell it to us even harder.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
That's great, we still don't want JVR so stop putting him in trades for Tanev. Its not happening.

We give reasons or say no and you still don't listen. Instead of accepting that, you try to sell it to us even harder.
With the aquilini's in charge Vancouver will never go the route of full on rebuild. A player like JVR is in the middle of his prime so you get him at peak with 0 development curve. JVR would currently be your 3rd best forward and would anchor a secondary unit with sutter and Sven.
I know fans want a full on rebuild (I'm a leafs fan living in the lower mainland) but it's just not going to happen. If pressure starts to mount on Benning by ownership to make a move you have to think a hockey deal that shakes up the make up of the roster is more likely than a fire sale.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The canucks been losing alot and the only person who has high value is Chris Tanev what is his value atm?

I'd have an interest as a Leafs fan...

Maybe make it a bigger trade?

JVR
x2 2nds
Marincin
Corrado

for Tanev and Burrows?

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I'd have an interest as a Leafs fan...

Maybe make it a bigger trade?

JVR
x2 2nds
Marincin
Corrado

for Tanev and Burrows?
Shhh even though Vancouver cannot score AND need an infusion of youth, top line wingers, top 60 picks and ready to play youngsters aren't what they need...

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Shhh even though Vancouver cannot score AND need an infusion of youth, top line wingers, top 60 picks and ready to play youngsters aren't what they need...

Way I saw it was JVR and 2 2nds is *fair* value for Tanev, they get to fill in a bit more on defense (plus contract equalizers) and we take on Burrows as a cap dump the rest of the year.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
All i ask is that we keep the Leafs out of this thread. It has been proven in the other Tanev threads that there is no deal to be made between the 2 teams. Why? Because the Leafs won't be trading Matthews/Marner/Nylander/1st...and the Nucks fans don't want a deal based around JVR+.

This

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Way I saw it was JVR and 2 2nds is *fair* value for Tanev, they get to fill in a bit more on defense (plus contract equalizers) and we take on Burrows as a cap dump the rest of the year.

My proposal was JVR + prospect not in our top 3 (kapenen/leipsic/dermott/Nielsen) + 2017 2nd plus if they want depth we i we take both sbisa and Dorsett.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
JVR
Leo Komarov
Rinat Valiev
2nd

That's what we can offer. Not sure if Vancouver will be interested because ideally they do a scorched earth rebuild.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
A single Chris Tanev thread for the rest of the year should suffice. I wish the mods would merge player specific threads. From the Canucks....Miller, Tanev, Edler, Hansen and Sedins need no more than one thread each for the balance of the year. Everyone gets it....our team sucks. Those are the players people will be talking about acquiring for the next 18 months. We really don't have much else to sell. Three of those guys have NTC's.

Tanev's value? It's high. JVR + 2 2nd's is more than fair value-wise. I am not sure I would do it, but who knows where this team is at right now. If you trade Tanev to acquire scoring and you end up with another massive hole which we just traded a 2nd and a prospect to fill. Round and round we go while leaking value in every trade. I think I'd be a lot more interested in the Leafs 2018 1st instead of the two 2nds.

Realistically, Miller and Hansen are the two guys that the Canucks need to move out this year. Edler would be the focus after that.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
4 different threads. 30+ pages of posts. Countless posters.
Still Leafs fans think they'll get Tanev for JVR.

There is a world of hockey outside Toronto children. Please for once stay up past your bedtimes and check it out. So far it is quite apparent you all don't

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region
All i ask is that we keep the Leafs out of this thread. It has been proven in the other Tanev threads that there is no deal to be made between the 2 teams. Why? Because the Leafs won't be trading Matthews/Marner/Nylander/1st...and the Nucks fans don't want a deal based around JVR+.

The thing is Jim Benning isn't a nucks fan

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Good young improving number 2 defenders arent cheap,just ask Edmonton.I highly doubt they move him regardless,as he is part of the next wave of good young players that they are stockpiling:nod:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The deal that seems most palatable and fair value that's come up that Canuck fans have been the warmest to is:

Nuge for Tanev straight up.

If we weren't in division and didn't have more of a need for a PMD on the right side, I'd likely pull the trigger. Fits both teams needs really well. If we didn't already acquire Larsson, I'd do it. Nuge might even have more value than Hall being a Centre and he can play 5v5 top line match ups, kill penalties, and play on the PP. Especially after the World Cup more people got to see the subtleties that makes Nuge a very good player.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Can you highlight the part of my post that refers to JVR?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
According to update from Vancouver, Edler is injure "day to day". In same Tweet they say Tanev "is something more and will be longer".

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
4 different threads. 30+ pages of posts. Countless posters.
Still Leafs fans think they'll get Tanev for JVR.

There is a world of hockey outside Toronto children. Please for once stay up past your bedtimes and check it out. So far it is quite apparent you all don't

Ya, you can tell by the huge amount of great offers from other fans. I highly doubt Edmonton moves Nuge for Tanev, they've made their move. There is a thread that says the Canucks are looking for a 20 goal scoring forward, JVR is that. Do i think Vancouver should trade Tanev? Maybe not. Do i think he's worth a top 5 pick/Marner/Nylander? No, i don't.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
lol dont believe the canucks are shopping him for one second

I don't think so either. He's got the kind of game that typically reaches its peak later. At 26, he could have 8+ good years ahead of him. In other words, he's the kind of player you want to keep going into a rebuild, not jetison.

Edler is the guy you want to trade before a rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: