Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quest for Stanley

Dec 12, 2017
At the very least, I expect him to be a top AHL forward like Lorito was and Lappin is now.

I'm curious about his potential though. Would love to get a Sheary-lite out of him, but I'm not sure how dynamic he is offensively.
Just hope the Devils don’t let Seney slip away like Kerfoot. Not many expected Kerfoot to be a top NHL rookie.....4th in rookie scoring and ahead of Nico

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Kerfoot might not even be on the NHL team if he had signed here

hes playing well but hes also getting top minutes on a not so great team

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Just hope the Devils don’t let Seney slip away like Kerfoot. Not many expected Kerfoot to be a top NHL rookie.....4th in rookie scoring and ahead of Nico

He’s also 23 years old already and is leading the league in shooting percentage among players who have played at least 20 games. His shooting percentage is an absurd 30% (!!).

DevsFan30

Oct 21, 2004
New York
Tuesday's WHL Activity:
Colby Sissons - 1 goal (PP), +1, 2 PIM (high-stick), 6 shots in Swift Current's 2-1 win vs. Prince Albert
Season stats: 32 games, 7 goals, 31 assists, +25, 40 PIM, 94 shots
*goal tonight gives him new career-high (had 6 goals in 63 games last season)
*Swift Current is 23-7-2, 6 points behind Moose Jaw in East Division (but second best record in WHL)

Quest for Stanley

Dec 12, 2017
He wouldn’t have. He is a good player but he is riding a giant wave of luck.

If you watch them play you would see that Jesper Bratt, a younger player picked way later, is miles ahead of him in skill.
Maybe room for both. I agree Jesper is better.

Butcher and Kerfoot, both NCAA graduates exceeding their drafted teams expections/ceilings. Butcher was a great signing. Many more NCAA graduates have suprised at NHL level.

Quest for Stanley

Dec 12, 2017
Colorado must be kicking themselves for letting Butcher slip away. Heard he wanted to sign with the Avalanche before his senior season

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Speaking of our top 22 preseason rankings and potential risers.

What is the opinion on Sissons? His stat line so far this season looks really impressive.

He looked terrific last training camp when he earned his contract, but this past one he was horrendous.

He's taken a step forward every single year which is what you want to see. He reminds me a lot of Severson in his play style. Two-way defender that isn't very physical but controls the flow of the game.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
On a side note, it seems like a lot of the fans are penciling in Walsh to the WJC line-up.

It looks like there is a very good chance of our selected guys making their respective teams -- McLeod, Anderson, Walsh, Studenic, Boqvist, Maltsev, and Zaitsev.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
On a side note, it seems like a lot of the fans are penciling in Walsh to the WJC line-up.

It looks like there is a very good chance of our selected guys making their respective teams -- McLeod, Anderson, Walsh, Studenic, Boqvist, Maltsev, and Zaitsev.

Don't forget Zetterlund :)

There's a decent chance we could have 8 prospects at the WJC this year...and that's including Aarne Talvitie not making it onto the Finnish team.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I mentioned Seney in this thread a few weeks ago.

I'm highly intrigued by his speed and skill.

I was also high on Kerfoot going into his senior season.

Hopefully we bring Seney into the fold this Spring.

Reactions: Quest for Stanley

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Whoops forget what I just said.

Seems like he's the least likely to make his team at this point.

I don't think Zetterlund will make the cut.
I'd be pleasantly surprised if he does.

Agreed, Zetterlund and Walsh seem to be at the top of the list of all the prospects that may not make their teams. I've seen a few projected Swedish rosters (only by posters in the Swedish WJC thread) that have Zetterlund at 4th line RW, and would agree that if Zetterlund were to make Team Sweden this year it would be in a 4th line role.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We also have a few guys projected to have big roles on their team.

The other Jesper will get top line duties. McLeod may be Canada’s 1C and Captain. I’ve seen projected lines with Anderson in the top 6 as well.

I assume Studenic will have a big role too

DevsFan30

Oct 21, 2004
New York
Wednesday's Activity:

OHL:
Evan Cormier - win, stopped 38 of 39 shots, 1st star in Saginaw's 2-1 win at Sarnia
Season stats: 27 games, 13-9-3, 2.92 GAA, .911 SV%, 1 shutout

QMJHL:
Jocktan Chainey - 1 goal (PP), +1, 3 shots in Halifax's 5-2 win at Cape Breton
Season stats: 33 games, 4 goals, 19 assists, +15, 32 PIM, 57 shots

WHL:
Colby Sissons - +1, 4 PIM (cross-check, slash), 1 shot in Swift Current's 5-1 win vs. Kelowna
Season stats: 33 games, 7 goals, 31 assists, +26, 44 PIM, 95 shots

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
He looked terrific last training camp when he earned his contract, but this past one he was horrendous.

He's taken a step forward every single year which is what you want to see. He reminds me a lot of Severson in his play style. Two-way defender that isn't very physical but controls the flow of the game.

Not a bad comparison at all. Though I think Sissions seems to have a bit more skill offensively. He looks like might have a better shot and he is in no doubt a much better skater than Severson. He's got a lot more explosiveness in his stride.

Quest for Stanley

Dec 12, 2017
I mentioned Seney in this thread a few weeks ago.

I'm highly intrigued by his speed and skill.

I was also high on Kerfoot going into his senior season.

Hopefully we bring Seney into the fold this Spring.
Agree. There’s a trend to mid size prospects with speed and skill making big impacts in the NHL. Most recently Bratt, Butcher, Kerfoot to name a few. Brett Seney fits the mould.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Cormier has had some big games of late.

Figure he squeezes Appleby out of Bing next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad