Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Saturday's Activity:

NCAA:
Joey Anderson - 1 goal (PP), 2 assists, +4, 2 shots, won 2 of 6 draws, 2nd star in Minnesota-Duluth's 6-2 win at Nebraska-Omaha

Jeremy Davies - 1 goal (PP), -1, 3 shots in Northeastern's 5-2 win at Boston College
JD Dudek - DNP (healthy?) for BC

Matt Hellickson - -1, 1 shot, 1 blocked shot in Notre Dame's 6-2 win at Wisconsin

Sunday's Activity:

OHL:
Michael McLeod - 2 goals, -1, 4 shots, won 24 of 31 draws, 3rd star in Mississauga's 5-2 loss vs. Hamilton
Marian Studenic - 1 assist, +2, 4 shots for Hamilton

Evan Cormier - win, stopped 33 of 34 shots in Saginaw's 3-1 win at Oshawa

WHL:
Colby Sissons - 1 goal, +2, 2 shots in Swift Current's 6-1 win at Edmonton

NCAA:
Brett Seney - 1 assist +1, 3 shots, won 5 of 6 draws in Merrimack's 4-3 win at New Hampshire
I was looking at Anderson's season stats and was thinking, They aren't as bad as I thought. That 3 point night helped.

Minnesota-Duluth lost their top 3 goal scorers from last year and their #1 point producer. So not that surprising to see Joey's #'s dip, especially his assist #'s. But it would be great to see him take more of an offensive leaders role. Especially as a goal scorer.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
I'm really impressed with the season Davies has been having.

I'm curious how much is driven by his ability or just that he's playing with 2 of the top ~10 scorers in the NCAA. As a Northeastern grad I'm excited about the season they're having so far...probably gonna look into taking a trip to Boston for the Beanpot. Maybe even Minneapolis in April for the Frozen Four depending on how the season plays out.

Quest for Stanley

Dec 12, 2017
I'm curious how much is driven by his ability or just that he's playing with 2 of the top ~10 scorers in the NCAA. As a Northeastern grad I'm excited about the season they're having so far...probably gonna look into taking a trip to Boston for the Beanpot. Maybe even Minneapolis in April for the Frozen Four depending on how the season plays out.

Northeastern’s offence is stacked. Not to take anything away from Davies but playing with Hockey East’s top 2 scorers(Gaudette and Sikura) has to help his #’s

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
As long as the draft second guessing bull**** is kept to a minimum. Those threads too frequently descend into that.

Other than maybe McLeod and Brown are there even any debates that could spring up for NJ prospects? I don’t think anyone is bemoaning any of the picks since Castron took over and at this point the Conte era picks have all aged out, haven’t they?

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Other than maybe McLeod and Brown are there even any debates that could spring up for NJ prospects? I don’t think anyone is bemoaning any of the picks since Castron took over and at this point the Conte era picks have all aged out, haven’t they?

Doubtful, I think we’re all happy with Castron so far. My disappointments are minor, I was hoping for a defenseman at the Boqvist pick but I’m happy we have him. I was also interested in the Devils taking a shot on Cliff Pu in 2016 but it wasn’t meant to be. Overall I think Castron has done an amazing job.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Doubtful, I think we’re all happy with Castron so far. My disappointments are minor, I was hoping for a defenseman at the Boqvist pick but I’m happy we have him. I was also interested in the Devils taking a shot on Cliff Pu in 2016 but it wasn’t meant to be. Overall I think Castron has done an amazing job.

I think most NJ fans are very happy with Castron’s work. The early returns are certainly good - a surprise in Bratt and a seemingly good choice in Nico over Patrick (not dissing Patrick just saying Nico makes more sense for NJ and his play so far shows why) and the relatively high number of NJ prospects with a chance to play at the WJC the fan base has hope which was in short supply by the end of the Lou era.

Quest for Stanley

Dec 12, 2017
Great late round picks with NHL potential

Reactions: MichaelJ

Quest for Stanley

Dec 12, 2017
Seney is putting up decent #’s on a weak team in tough Hockey East. NHL caliber skating & skill. Has potential to be the next Bratt. Does he sign or become UFA?

Quest for Stanley

Dec 12, 2017
At the very least, I expect him to be a top AHL forward like Lorito was and Lappin is now.

I'm curious about his potential though. Would love to get a Sheary-lite out of him, but I'm not sure how dynamic he is offensively.
He’ll be Dynamic. Closing in on 100 pts with little help. He’d have 150 on a power house NCAA team. Sheary is a good comparison. Similar style and Sheary played for a weak UMass team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad