GDT: 4/25/24 - 7:00PM EDT - #1 Florida vs #1 WC Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
JBB went after guys who were tough and/or fast and forgot to find people who actually know how to play hockey, especially defensively.

Reactions: Fan from AK

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Vasy and Stamkos should be ripping f***ing throats out in that locker room. There's no hustle. I'm f***ing appalled at how much of a limp dick performance we've put forward.

We had a 5min spurt to take this game over and we didn't. Then Dumba and Perbix had the worst playoff shift in probably a decade for this team. Holy f***. Give me Carle and Sustr with sticks upside down on roller skates.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Getting swept is way better for this team long term than what we did against Toronto last year.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
not good enough good to win and too good to get any better

WOrst place to be in any sport

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Team has left some goals on-the-ice tonight. That and Lightning's PP failures, team not finding back of net when chances arise, team not taking full advantage of fortune opportunities that come (NHL/E$PN want 1-2 and series exten$ion), Kucherov not being being close to Kuch, Bob giving Lightning taste of own goalie-special medicine, and giving up 3 goals a game isn't good enough this series. This 3rd period is season, Lightning have to nail every opportunity to extend it.

Go Lightning !!!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'm not even talking about on ice. I'm talking in the locker room.
It's tough to tell what happens in the dressing room, but if the players aren't providing it, it's on the coaches.

The coaches, however, can't physically go out and establish the type of game they need to play.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
The team has played like someone's dog got ran over in front of them at the team lunch. I just don't get the sorrow and sadness written on these guys faces from the moment the game started.

Stamkos showed up. Whatever Kucherov is doing is masked behind the year he's had, the playoffs he's had, and his importance cause if this performance was anybody else, he'd be getting run out of town. I'm on his side when he ripped on Killorn, but what the f*** is he doing? He can't even receive or make a pass oth consistency. He makes like 1 out of 4 passes and then trudges off like the school cafeteria isn't serving his favorite lunch. Suck it up.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Eh, we have guys who have been there for ages and who are seen as great leaders, and we have a head coach who's been seen as one of the best in the game for years. To say they're lacking leadership seems like a pretty lazy argument to me. Just look at the roster we're icing. We were significant underdogs going into this series, rightly so, and it's showing.

Reactions: DFC

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Guess Maroon really was the key. Who needs guys like Kuch, Vassy and Hedman?
I think losing Maroon was a kind of underrated loss. Just because guys did follow his lead in terms of the "fight" of a game. Like, it was in other teams' best interest to keep us from getting emotionally involved in a game. And we had a swagger about us that really did seem to start with Maroon, like the way he would always be yelling at the opposing bench. We really embraced that sort of wolf pack mentality in his years with the team. Our 5'6 guys played like they were 6'5.

Reactions: Hoek

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Why does Kucherov keep winning Art Ross trophies right before we get swept?
Oh my, well there it is.... This explains Kuch being way off, he's under some Art Ross funk or spell! We all need to get voodoo dolls out,, burn your favorite Lightning shirt/hat (Well, not hat), and do whatever we can. We've reached that level of desperation now.....😜

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad