Child Prodigy

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
The top kids around the country play against each other all of the time and all know each other.
It shouldn’t be taken even remotely serious until they are 13 or so. That is the age you start to see kids separate themselves. There are some 09s I have seen that are starting to become head and shoulders better than everybody and its not because they are bigger and stronger

Belloco

Aug 14, 2022
Easily the best 2009 birth year kid I have seen is a kid named Landon Dupont from Alberta. You heard it here first!

Roman Marcotte is not a top 100 kid. Not even close.
No need to be a genius. Anyone who has clicked on Brick international 2018/19 on eliteprospect can notice that Landon Dupont stood out during this tournament.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
No need to be a genius. Anyone who has clicked on Brick international 2018/19 on eliteprospect can notice that Landon Dupont stood out during this tournament.
A lot has changed since the Brick but I saw him again over the summer against the best kids all across North America and he stood out. He was way ahead of everyone else. At the brick he was only slightly ahead.

That being said, it's a weird year with puberty and Landon is very physically mature. Realistically scouts arent even seriously looking at the birth year until next year because you have 6 footers playing against 5 footers.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Who would be let your top 5 for that age group? Seriously asking, I love knowing about good players at a young age.
Its really hard to say because the top kids are just way more physically mature. Top 5 would certainly just be 5 very mature kids that are also just very good. When we go to these all-star tournaments and play against the top Toronto/BC/Alberta all-star teams they have enough good kids in the market so they basically just pick physically mature kids. To project it out I think you need to adjust for maturity a bit. Im sure there are some studs that are just a little behind that curve that will break through. I know the NA kids much more because we are NA and the Canadian kids werent crossing the border for a few years until this summer but of the NA kids I like the following (not in order):

Schneiderr (Pitt)
Fittzhenry (MN)
Sung (Los Angeles) he may be too small for next level but very smart and fast
Koch (MA or NJ)
Gutierrez (TX)

There's definitely a few others that make up the top 10-15 but those are some standouts that I remember off the top of my head. For the record I dont stalk these guys, I just see them in tournaments all of the time and all of the parents get a sense for who the top kids are.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Some of these players don´t have the talent to be 1st rounders and there are also some names in your list that seem to have been pulled out of a hat randomly. I definitely don't think that situation with future 1st rounders is that optimistic as you described.

You know some names but it´s obvious you didn´t see play many young Slovak players that much. I did so I can rank the most promising young players starting with draft 2025 and I believe this list is more trustworthy. For some it can be too early I know but this is mostly fun fanpage and maybe some will get a better idea who is worthy to keep eye on before the new season.

Of course, a lot will change in the future but right now the most promising youngsters starting from 2025 draft can be like that :

1. Max Melicherik - an absolute beast for his age and has all the potential to be "The Next Big Thing" in SVK
2. Juraj Rausa
3. Tomas Pobezal
4. Michal Lazovsky
5. Jan Chovan
6. Tobias Tomik
7. Adam Nemec
8. Ivan Matta
9. Timothy Kazda
10. Michal Svrcek
11. Oliver Ozogany

...and there are many players who could get easily on positions 6-11, it´s close there. and yes, defense can be the problem in upcoming years I don´t see any special names there so far

It deserves his place here.
Original post in by @Martinez89

Slovak prospects - Top 10 rankings

1. Max Melicherik - an absolute beast for his age and has all the potential to be "The Next Big Thing" in SVK
2. Juraj Rausa
3. Tomas Pobezal
4. Michal Lazovsky
5. Jan Chovan
6. Tobias Tomik
7. Adam Nemec
8. Ivan Matta
9. Timothy Kazda
10. Michal Svrcek
11. Oliver Ozogany

Belloco

Aug 14, 2022
It deserves his place here.
Original post in by @Martinez89

Slovak prospects - Top 10 rankings

2. Juraj Rausa
3. Tomas Pobezal
4. Michal Lazovsky
5. Jan Chovan
6. Tobias Tomik
7. Adam Nemec
8. Ivan Matta
9. Timothy Kazda
10. Michal Svrcek
11. Oliver Ozogany

What sportingly did he do to obtain such a label ? (this is a simple question not a provocation to obtain a confrontational exchange)

I got this information. But for me it's not enough (because it's only a tournament and the domination is statistically not unusual enough). When was he born, for example ? 2010, 2011, 2012 ?

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
What sportingly did he do to obtain such a label ? (this is a simple question not a provocation to obtain a confrontational exchange)

I got this information. But for me it's not enough (because it's only a tournament and the domination is statistically not unusual enough). When was he born, for example ? 2010, 2011, 2012 ?
If you ask for what he did more so for example one month ago on other international tournament among 1 or 2 years older opponents he was dominating completely. MVP, most points, most goals and led his team to a surprising victory on that tournament.

He has a great scoring stats, yes, but it´s especially his overall play what I like most about him. When you see him play it´s really hard to believe he´s that young. But let the kid plays hockey and has a fun :)

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
When he was born ?
28-Nov 2010... so this is still very early for any projections. I just wrote how good he looks so far, he´s really promising and has made great progress over the past year. But it doesn't always have to be that simple, we all know that.

Belloco

Aug 14, 2022
Compared to the words I read, it already deserves to have its topic.

It costs nothing. It's just a matter of having a starting point for its evolution.

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
Compared to the words I read, it already deserves to have its topic.

It costs nothing. It's just a matter of having a starting point for its evolution.
I think it´s still too early. Until now, he still only played against 12-13 y.o. kids and it´s not worthy topic here yet. As I wrote give him a time and if he´ll be as good as I believe he could be so his name will appear more and more often. But there is no need to rush anywhere.

Belloco

Aug 14, 2022
I just read all the names on the thread. Not many turned out prodigious...

The only child prodigies for me will have been Bedard and Kiviharju this decade.

To be prodigious, the guy really has to be a never-before-seen talent. Not only elite in his generation and in his region.

Ethansavestheday

Nov 18, 2019
I don’t see any mention of young girl prodigies in this thread and idek if there’s specifically another thread for this but does anyone have any information on a young Slovakian girl named Nela Lopusanova? Apparently she’s scored 25p in 6gp with her u16(w) team and has 7p in just 2gp so far in the u18 wjcs for Slovakia(w) but what stands out to me is the 31p she has in 10gp for the same u16 mens team. Nela’s been doing all of this while being only a 14yo. So I guess the questions I have for ppl who have either seen her or heard of her are: are the stats as impressive as they look? Is it common in Europe for a girl to have that much success with a mens team? And this next question might seem kinda optimistic but is there any chance she could be the first woman to get a crack in the NHL?
I don’t see any mention of young girl prodigies in this thread and idek if there’s specifically another thread for this but does anyone have any information on a young Slovakian girl named Nela Lopusanova? Apparently she’s scored 25p in 6gp with her u16(w) team and has 7p in just 2gp so far in the u18 wjcs for Slovakia(w) but what stands out to me is the 31p she has in 10gp for the same u16 mens team. Nela’s been doing all of this while being only a 14yo. So I guess the questions I have for ppl who have either seen her or heard of her are: are the stats as impressive as they look? Is it common in Europe for a girl to have that much success with a mens team? And this next question might seem kinda optimistic but is there any chance she could be the first woman to get a crack in the NHL? I don’t see any mention of young girl prodigies in this thread and idek if there’s specifically another thread for this but does anyone have any information on a young Slovakian girl named Nela Lopusanova? Apparently she’s scored 25p in 6gp with her u16(w) team and has 7p in just 2gp so far in the u18 wjcs for Slovakia(w) but what stands out to me is the 31p she has in 10gp for the same u16 mens team. Nela’s been doing all of this while being only a 14yo. So I guess the questions I have for ppl who have either seen her or heard of her are: are the stats as impressive as they look? Is it common in Europe for a girl to have that much success with a mens team? And this next question might seem kinda optimistic but is there any chance she could be the first woman to get a crack in the NHL? Nela Lopusanova at eliteprospects.com

Teaspoon salami

Oct 6, 2019
Maybe not a prodigy, but from what I've seen, this kid Peter Broccolini, a 2012 from Montreal is incredible and will at the very minimum play junior hockey.

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
I don’t see any mention of young girl prodigies in this thread and idek if there’s specifically another thread for this but does anyone have any information on a young Slovakian girl named Nela Lopusanova? Apparently she’s scored 25p in 6gp with her u16(w) team and has 7p in just 2gp so far in the u18 wjcs for Slovakia(w) but what stands out to me is the 31p she has in 10gp for the same u16 mens team. Nela’s been doing all of this while being only a 14yo. So I guess the questions I have for ppl who have either seen her or heard of her are: are the stats as impressive as they look? Is it common in Europe for a girl to have that much success with a mens team? And this next question might seem kinda optimistic but is there any chance she could be the first woman to get a crack in the NHL? Nela Lopusanova at eliteprospects.com
I have noticed her at the U18 WC, but I had no idea she is playing with boys and dominating. She actually leads her U16 boys team in points.

But NHL? Certainly not. Women are never going to be fast enough or strong enough for that. Maybe if she is really really good she could play in the Slovak men's Extraliga. If they even allow it.

Reactions: Ethansavestheday

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I have noticed her at the U18 WC, but I had no idea she is playing with boys and dominating. She actually leads her U16 boys team in points.

But NHL? Certainly not. Women are never going to be fast enough or strong enough for that. Maybe if she is really really good she could play in the Slovak men's Extraliga. If they even allow it.

There is womens NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad