Speculation: Chicago Rebuild Thread

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Colorado made Chicago's life really easy for a couple of years there. In return, we request you trade us Duncan Keith to help mentor Byram and Makar. I don't think it's a big ask.
Keith is 37 and has a $5.5m caphit for 3 more years. Is he playing at a level anywhere close to be worth that caphit?

Would Chicago be open to trading Keith at 50% retained. At $2.75m it would be far more palatable to have him declining in a 3rd pairing/7D role.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Keith is 37 and has a $5.5m caphit for 3 more years. Is he playing at a level anywhere close to be worth that caphit?

Would Chicago be open to trading Keith at 50% retained. At $2.75m it would be far more palatable to have him declining in a 3rd pairing/7D role.
No....he's still a #2 with the right partner and a #3 at worst. Keith is probably never going to be worse than a 2nd pairing defender for the remainder of his career.

Reactions: Richard88

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019

Keith is still really good, not Norris trophy good. But easily top 4, even top pair depending on the team.

he’d be perfect in Colorado with their young D imo.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012

Yes, Keith played very well last season.
No reason to retain. He's worth every penny of $5.5M

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Yes, Keith played very well last season.
No reason to retain. He's worth every penny of $5.5M
Wouldn't it make more sense for Chicago to retain though to maximise the futures return given that they're rebuilding?

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Ah good call. Would he waive to go there though?

I could absolutely see him waiving for Colorado.
Why wouldn't Keith want to waive to get to play on the top pairing with Makar on a powerhouse team to finish off his career?

Keith ------------- Makar
Girard ----------- Johnson
Graves/Byram -- Timmins
Cole

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Why wouldn't Keith want to waive to get to play on the top pairing with Makar on a powerhouse team to finish off his career?

Keith ------------- Makar
Girard ----------- Johnson
Graves/Byram -- Timmins
Cole

Im sure he would...

We were talking about Kane

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I watched Bowmans' comments on Crawford and understand he stated the notion of going forward with Delia Lankinen and that's the route their leaning towards, but when did Bowman say it's a youth movement and that the fire sale is on? He didn't, so why is everyone assuming so?

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
I watched Bowmans' comments on Crawford and understand he stated the notion of going forward with Delia Lankinen and that's the route their leaning towards, but when did Bowman say it's a youth movement and that the fire sale is on? He didn't, so why is everyone assuming so?
I don't think he said fire sale, either. I've seen various different ideas on your board mostly involving Toews. It's just those salaries. In normal times, ANY team would fall all over themselves to figure something out.
We just don't have the structure amd moveable pieces. You'd have to take some cap back.

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
This Rangers fan would be interested in Duncan Keith. I don't know if DeAngelo would be traded, but Keith would be a great fit next to Fox/Tony/Nils (whenever he arrives), and bridge the gap until our LHD (Miller/Jones/Robertson) are ready and come into their own. After losing Hank, he would also bring a great veteran presence and has the experience of winning the Stanley Cup, which most teams usually need. I don't know what Chicago would want from New York, though.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010

it’s literally the OP in this thread

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad