Speculation: Chicago Rebuild Thread

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
We have no idea who is or isn't willing to waive their NMC, but any vets on the Hawks are for sale.

Kane
Toews
Keith
Saad
Murphy
de Haan

are all for sale, 19/88/2 would waive their NMC.

Guys I'd listen on anyway, for the right deal:
Strome
DeBrincat

Potential future core pieces:
Dach
Boqvist
Mitchell

Willing to retain up to 3.5M on Toews...Not as willing to retain on Kane unless there is an absolute haul in return.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Trade Toews, Keep Kane.

Do not retain as much as 3.5 million on Toews...maybe 1.5

Oh yeah but you're nuts if you think they are trading Toews the marketing department will not allow it...unless he asks out

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Kane isn’t goin.
No one can afford Toews
No one wants the elder D men on Chicago who are signed until 38

that leaves, Murphy, Saad, and CdH.

Reactions: bernmeister

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Trade Toews, Keep Kane.

Do not retain as much as 3.5 million on Toews...maybe 1.5

Oh yeah but you're nuts if you think they are trading Toews the marketing department will not allow it...unless he asks out
We don't know if they'll ask out. But trading Toews makes a lot of sense while handing the top 6 center positions to Dach and Strome.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I could see a team biting on Toews at ~$7M for 3 years if they desperately want a top 6 C

For example, if Vegas can clear up Fleury and Stastny, and don't go for a D like Pietrangelo, that could be an option for them

Helps to insulate their C depth until Glass or another player pushes up into a bigger role

Toews and Karlsson as top 6 Cs would be nice

Reactions: Finnish your Czech

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I could see a team biting on Toews at ~$7M for 3 years if they desperately want a top 6 C

For example, if Vegas can clear up Fleury and Stastny, and don't go for a D like Pietrangelo, that could be an option for them

Helps to insulate their C depth until Glass or another player pushes up into a bigger role

That's why I think eating 3-3.5M is about the right number to move Toews.
If you want him, Glass is probably part of the package going the other way though.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Toews at 7m? Hmm maybe. But he's on a bigtime decline. And Glass needs a new contract in 2 seasons.

Very, very mild interest.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
We are heading into rebuild and yet you think they should consider trading Debrincat?

Amazing what one down year for a kid can do among some fans,, He had 41 goals in his 2nd NHL season in 18-19
Yeah I do.
I know that he's a very good player, but I don't think he's someone they should build around. He's not a core forward.

I think this regardless of his down year. Had he scored 30 goals and 60 points this year I'd still think that.

I'm glad to hold him for another year and let him rebuild his value though. If someone's willing to give you 30+goal, 70 pt value for him I'd move him now.

Reactions: Fire Stan Bowman

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Saad is interesting if the Hawks are legitimately rebuilding.

1. He's a bit old to be around in 3-4 years after a rebuild AND contribute for another 3-4 years during contention so there is logic is letting him leave
2. He's only signed for one more season so the Hawks can easily retain on him to send him to a contender.
3. He might not stay around if they decide to rebuild, so there is possible urgency to move him.
4. He's still young enough that a contender would offer something big and team looking for a long-term piece might want him too, especially if he can be resigned
5. He's fairly consistently productive. Almost 600 games 350 points. Even last year he was on pace for 46 points.
6. He only has a M-NTC so he can't completely block a trade.
7. He's been traded once before and was very productive so teams won't be worried.

He's definitely fetch something good, IMO.

Murphy too.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yeah I do.
I know that he's a very good player, but I don't think he's someone they should build around. He's not a core forward.

I think this regardless of his down year. Had he scored 30 goals and 60 points this year I'd still think that.

I'm glad to hold him for another year and let him rebuild his value though. If someone's willing to give you 30+goal, 70 pt value for him I'd move him now.

He is 22 years old and has a 41 goal season already under his built in 3 year career

LOL at the nonsense that he shouldn't be core player for Hawks going forward just because of one down year

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
He is 22 years old and has a 41 goal season already under his built in 3 year career

LOL at the nonsense that he shouldn't be core player for Hawks going forward just because of one down year
I just told you that even if he didn't have a down year I'd think that. He could have scored 40 goals and 70 points 2 years in a row and I'd still want to trade him. I don't think he's a guy that you win with in the playoffs. Period.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Toews at 7m? Hmm maybe. But he's on a bigtime decline. And Glass needs a new contract in 2 seasons.

Very, very mild interest.

81 in 82 last season
60 in 71 and 9 in 9 playoff games

played very well in the playoffs outside of the points he scored... I don’t know where this big time decline narrative is coming from and at 7M~ you would think there would be a ton of interest.

Unrelated - I wouldn’t move Murphy because Boqvist and Mitchell are probably stud D, but don’t throw them into huge minutes on a terrible team this early. That’s stupid.

I think Saad, Keith, and CdH are most likely to be moved. Strome just outside that list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad