Speculation: Chicago Rebuild Thread

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
What is the ask for Toews? Say one price at full money and one with 3M retained?

What kind of return would Hawks fans expect?

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Bowman: "Now that we've made the decision the way that we're going to move forward [with youth], there's going to be a lot more things that we're going to talk about over the coming days as far as planning next year's team."
Fans: "Everyone over 30 is available, what you give me?"
Bowman Actually Means: "Zack Smith, Brent Seabrook, and Andrew Shaw are available."

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Saad is interesting if the Hawks are legitimately rebuilding.

1. He's a bit old to be around in 3-4 years after a rebuild AND contribute for another 3-4 years during contention so there is logic is letting him leave
2. He's only signed for one more season so the Hawks can easily retain on him to send him to a contender.
3. He might not stay around if they decide to rebuild, so there is possible urgency to move him.
4. He's still young enough that a contender would offer something big and team looking for a long-term piece might want him too, especially if he can be resigned
5. He's fairly consistently productive. Almost 600 games 350 points. Even last year he was on pace for 46 points.
6. He only has a M-NTC so he can't completely block a trade.
7. He's been traded once before and was very productive so teams won't be worried.

He's definitely fetch something good, IMO.

Murphy too.

If I couldn’t get a 1st for Saad right now, I would hold out until the trade deadline; I think he’s the type of player a team would pay up for to put them over the top, like Tampa did for Goodrow and Coleman.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
If I couldn’t get a 1st for Saad right now, I would hold out until the trade deadline; I think he’s the type of player a team would pay up for to put them over the top, like Tampa did for Goodrow and Coleman.
Especially if 50% retention isn't an issue. 3M for Saad at the deadline can got to any NHL team no matter how close to the cap.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
WHAT?????
Kane was invisible most of the playoffs, Toews was obviously their best forward, especially against Edmonton.

You're on drugs.

Toews had a great series against Edmonton with their lousy D and hurt Klefbom. Then he faced a deep team and went silent. And we've all seen enough not to doubt Kane. Besides they each had the same number of points in the playoffs.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
That's why I think eating 3-3.5M is about the right number to move Toews.
If you want him, Glass is probably part of the package going the other way though.

Maybe. If there was no such thing as covid and the cap was rising as expected, you're probably right.

Taking on Toews, even with salary retained, in this climate is a different animal. Obviously none of us can say for certain right now how badly the market will be impacted but I guess we will find out based on signings/ trades in the next few days.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
If chicago was smart this year would be the only realistic year you could move a toews or kane . The few remaining teams that have enough cap space to take on these salaries won't be the same next year when. Its stagnant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad