Speculation: Chicago Rebuild Thread

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Toews had a great series against Edmonton with their lousy D and hurt Klefbom. Then he faced a deep team and went silent. And we've all seen enough not to doubt Kane. Besides they each had the same number of points in the playoffs.
except Kane doesn't provide much else if not putting up points (except stalling the PP) but Toews does.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Keith to Florida: Reunites with Q, fits their need of a top line defensively responsible partner for Ekblad, is only owed a total of 6.25M over his last 3 years.

My guess is Chicago looks to get Knight as the main piece coming back
Lol no: Knight is not available for Keith.

Keith is an all-time great, future Hall of Famer, and a player I’d love to have on the Panthers but his age and contract means that we will not give up our top tier futures

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Is there something that can be done around Merzlikins + Foudy/Texier + 1st or prospect like Marchenko + Defenseman not named Jones/Werenski for Kane?

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Is there something that can be done around Merzlikins + Foudy/Texier + 1st or prospect like Marchenko + Defenseman not named Jones/Werenski for Kane?

It would most likely start with Werenski and I wouldn’t blame CBJ at all for not wanting any part of that... that is the best D pair in the league now, I think.

Kane had 110p in 81 games last season and 84p in 70 this season on pretty blah teams and he is only 31. The only thing that takes away some value from him is his 10M cost.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Toews at 7m? Hmm maybe. But he's on a bigtime decline. And Glass needs a new contract in 2 seasons.

Very, very mild interest.

Come again? Career high 81 pts last year. 70 pt pace this year, 5 g, 4 a in 9 playoff games this year.

Reactions: qqaz

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
What would Chicago want from Colorado for Toews with a substantial amount of retention?

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Actually I misread this. I’m not sure Chicago would do full retention on both guys. That’s steep.
It's just money, and I doubt the Hawks will need the cap space. The actual cash retained is pretty minimal in both contracts.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I mean just realize/remember you’re now trading for a 70 point C who is one of the best defensive C in the league still and has 3 cups... at whatever his new lower cap hit is.

A lot.
Let's say Toews with $3.5m retained ($7m caphit x 3 years). What do you want? Newhook + 2021 1st + Compher?

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
It's just money, and I doubt the Hawks will need the cap space. The actual cash retained is pretty minimal in both contracts.

I mean, I’d probably consider it. Those are two great prospects.

88 is gonna be good well into his 30s, the way he takes care of himself and his style of play. So it’s tough to pull the trigger on the deal involving Kane.

But like I said, that’s a great offer.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Start with Byram. Then start adding.

That being said, none of Toews/Kane/Keith are going anywhere unless they want to.
Keith is the only one that I'm very sure would want to leave.

You won’t get Byram for Toews unless the hawks are paying for everything. Toews is closer to a decline. He’ll be good for another 2-3 years, then morph into a 3C.

Reactions: Richard88

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You won’t get Byram for Toews unless the hawks are paying for everything. Toews is closer to a decline. He’ll be good for another 2-3 years, then morph into a 3C.
That's fine because he's only signed for 3 years.
You're getting the rest of his best years for 7 or 7.5.
Byram+Kaut/1st probably gets it done.

We're looking for a grade A prospect+grade B prospect or a 1st for Toews with $3M retained.

Kane is grade A prospect+ grade B prospect+1st Only exception is if the Rangers are offering Lafreniere.
Then we might budge on the grade B/1st.

Last edited:

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Honestly the only contender that has the prospect capital to make a Kane trade work is Colorado.

Rangers aren’t trading laf, and late 1sts for Kane aren’t worth enough. (Which is where NY will soon be picking)

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rangers-Toews 40% Retained, Keith 25% Retained
Hawks-Strome, DeAngelo, Miller or Lundquist, 2021 1st

NO NO NO
stop w/the win now bs
Strome and Deangelo we can talk, Miller and Lundquist are off limits

Also do not want either
Keith - a stud but too much wear and tear
or
Toews too much salary

If we can assist in brokering 3rd team to facilitate a deal elsewhere, with a fee for our troubles, fine
otherwise no thanks

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Honestly the only contender that has the prospect capital to make a Kane trade work is Colorado.

Rangers aren’t trading laf, and late 1sts for Kane aren’t worth enough. (Which is where NY will soon be picking)
If they'd be willing to move Laf or Kakko I'd listen for sure.
I'd be willing to take a cap dump to make it work, something that still has some use like R. Strome etc.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
That's fine because he's only signed for 3 years.
You're getting the rest of his best years for 7 or 7.5.
Byram+Kaut/1st probably gets it done.

We're looking for a grade A prospect+grade B prospect or a 1st for Toews with $3M retained.

Kane is grade A prospect+ grade B prospect+1st Only exception is if the Rangers are offering Lafreniere.
Then we might budge on the grade B/1st.

Understood and a fair ask under the circumstances, but Rangers decline, LaF will not be offered.

Kane would be super fab but again, reality, cap and exp dr\
SO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad