Confirmed Trade: [CHI/TBL] Corey Perry to Chicago for a 2024 7th Round Pick

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Sign fat one year deal with Chi, get moved to a contender at the deadline. Makes sense to me.

Reactions: Auggie

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Chicago is putting together an infinity gauntlet of NHL vets for Bedard to learn from:

Athanasiou: skating
Foligno: defense & leadership
Hall: how to get 1st overall picks
Perry: being a piece of shit

With their powers combined he will dominate the league.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Sign him for a year, play him with Bedard, watch him get 50 points just being a wingman and then they’ll trade him to a contender for a 2nd.

Reactions: Auggie

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
Does Perry even plan on playing next year? I guess a couple mill could be enticing to him and the wife.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Always nice to get a free pick, and I like what Chicago is doing by getting some vets in there. Good stint in TB for Perry who still feels he has gas in the tank and might get more offensive opportunity with the Blackhawks.

Reactions: Auggie and Rec T

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
He’ll be a trade deadline guy unless he completely falls off a cliff this season as a player or hawks are good.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
And the Chicago Blackhawks are poised to make the finals next year

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Hawks are guarantied to be in the cup final for as long as they have Perry. :naughty:

Smart move by Davidson, Bedard goes to the cup final in his rookie year.

Does Perry even plan on playing next year? I guess a couple mill could be enticing to him and the wife.

This will be a side hustle job for Perry.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Good deal for both teams as it give Tampa a pick next year and Chicago gets a former Cup Champion with plenty of NHL and International success (like it or not) to help Bedard and Moore to transition to the NHL game. Many forget that veteran leadership helps a young team immensely and Perry has plenty of that to offer the Hawks if he signs. Perry was not in Tampa's plans for this season so this looks to be a win/win for both teams at very little cost.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Clearly Tamp are sellers right now. Chicago should have tried to get the dynamo Pat Maroon too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad