Contract Termination: [CHI] F Corey Perry contract terminated by the Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I’m glad you came to this conclusion based on your own made up version of what you think happened. Also appreciate you providing your opinion on unions. I’m glad you have decided to bring your comments to this thread. They were well thought out.

I was giving wild examples. That's not realistic. However, taking the zamboni on a joy ride...that is believable...but doubt he did that as well.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Whatever it is, it's a sensitive topic. Maybe it wasn't burnt popcorn, but I could see a rookie dinner gone wrong. Perry decides to spice up the party. and does something he should not have and to let it out would cause more harm. IF this was another Kyle Beech incident, it would be out in the open.

You're missing the point, even if it was a wild party incident, he could have stripped naked in front of the most important people in the organization. This would have been shared with the public from day one on why they're terminating the contract. But they didn't share much because this involves other people, and the identities of these people is being protected.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
if it turns out to be harassment, it makes sense the Hawks would have a zero tolerance policy given their history...

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Yeah, I'm just saying to terminate the contract months after overpaying to bring him in, it had to be something pretty serious.
Toronto overpaid for Klingberg and would've loved to terminate that contract before he went to LTIR. So not a good point.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Its fairly simple to take the information available that has been reported by reliable outlets and determine a simplified version of what happened. There are only so many outcomes that lead to this level of privacy being accomplished.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
if it turns out to be harassment, it makes sense the Hawks would have a zero tolerance policy given their history...

Is harassment considered criminal? Suppose it never got far enough for it to be criminal, don't you think the organization would have at least said to the public that they're letting him go for harassment reasons? This is especially the case given their whole history and them taking ownership.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
The question I have is, is the event that happened enough from prevent Corey Perry from playing again this year?

I don't doubt the Blackhawks are currently running an extremely tight ship due to their past f*** ups. I also know that Corey Perry has been in the league for 19 seasons and had little to no incidents before this. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign another deal this year.

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
Is harassment considered criminal? Suppose it never got far enough for it to be criminal, don't you think the organization would have at least said to the public that they're letting him go for harassment reasons? This is especially the case given their whole history and them taking ownership.
It could be considered criminal depending on what happened. Hard to speculate without knowing the details. I can't say I'm surprised they are giving as little info as possible.

Edit: lol bad timing, the post below gives more insight into what happened.

Last edited:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Was perry hugely disappointing performance wise?
Obviously not, but my point is that even if you wanted to, it's pretty damn hard to terminate an NHL contract (unless it's by mutual agreement). These guys have pretty good work security, even in a buyout they get some of the money.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Obviously not, but my point is that even if you wanted to, it's pretty damn hard to terminate an NHL contract (unless it's by mutual agreement). These guys have pretty good work security, even in a buyout they get some of the money.
Yeah we agree it's weird it seemed like you were disagreeing with me

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
So what did he do? Seems like simply saying it might make some of the rumors die down. Unless whatever it is is worse than the rumors, they should just say wtf happened.
I don't know if you remember Jim Montgomerys firing but that wasn't nailed down to one specific instance either.

Basically substance abuse affected their profession to the point they weren't able to fulfill their contractual roles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad