Contract Termination: [CHI] F Corey Perry contract terminated by the Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
The “Hawks” are just a company/organization that employs human beings like everyone else. Those human beings that were there in the past were the ones without standards. The ones that deserve the criticism. Names like John McDonough, Stan Bowman, coach Q, Rocky Wirtz(former owner now passed away).

When are people going to start directing the hate towards those who deserve it? Instead of blaming the city of Chicago or the actual indianhead logo itself?

Bottom line is the Hawks cleaned house and hired new people. Those people aren’t going to make the same awful mistakes, you would hope, moving forward. The way they’ve handled the Perry situation shows already how serious they are.
Of course I only speak for myself but those guys not being there anymore doesnt just make me respect them again. Trust and respect is earned.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Nice to see some more clarity that should finally put the Bedard rumour out of commission for good.

Good on Perry, hopefully he gets the help he needs.

Woodrow

Dec 8, 2005
All parties involved don't owe random internet person an explanation.
Of course but he didn't say they did. He said saying what actually happened might kill the rumours. Instead it's creating a Streisand effect. For instance there have been a couple of TMZ headlines that are pretty salacious that wouldn't happen because hockey is mostly ignored.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
There's definitely more to the story than "mental/alcohol" issue. The statement from Perry seems very vague and a few days late might I add. I would say it almost feels like it was forced to be pushed out for damage control sake.

There's more to the story, even Perry himself hints that something happened since he apologized for his actions. If it was mental issues/alcohol abuse you'd think the Hawks would rather get him the help he needs to save face rather than terminate his contract.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
What are you on about? Your real job is HF Admin!

If all he did was get drunk at the event, why would that be secret? I don't buy that he just got drunk!

He didn't. There were actions that he did while drunk.

There's definitely more to the story than "mental/alcohol" issue. The statement from Perry seems very vague and a few days late might I add. I would say it almost feels like it was forced to be pushed out for damage control sake.

There's more to the story, even Perry himself hints that something happened since that he apologized for his actions. If it was mental issues/alcohol abuse you'd think the Hawks would rather get him the help he needs to save face rather than terminate his contract.\

There is, which is why they would choose the termination of his contract route, rather than just suspend him and get him help for substance abuse.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018

Remember this fight, when Perry got embarrassed by Datsyuk. Well, same season Perry is NHL MVP.

"Perry got embarrassed by Datsyuk."

20 Seinfeld GIFs to Celebrate Seinfeld's 3rd 20th Birthday - Señor GIF -  Pronounced GIF or JIF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad