Prospect Info: Charles Hudon (Recalled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Doesn't look like he'll play tonight... seriously, wtf is it about this coach?? Terry, a freaking ahler gets the call up and plays on the forst pp, now you kid this kid up who's not been given a chance and he stays on the pressbox...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Doesn't look like he'll play tonight... seriously, wtf is it about this coach?? Terry, a freaking ahler gets the call up and plays on the forst pp, now you kid this kid up who's not been given a chance and he stays on the pressbox...

Who said he's not playing?

Jul 6, 2016

Hudon travelled all day long and did not had the time to practice with the club.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
He looks really good vs Carolina. He plays with a lot of confidence, doesn't get rid of the puck for no reason.

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
Hudon will look good on the LW with Galchenyuk(C) & Radulov(RW), that would give the Leafs fits IMHO!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

I think that anybody would look good around those players. Lehkonen was doing okay too. Ohh god Radulov is deeply missed in the line-up.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He at least fits the bottom 6 mold better than a guy like Ghetto, who's wasted in that spot. All that work on his skating has really paid off too, he'll never be a speedster but it's no longer a detriment to his overall game. I take Hudon and Carr over Flynn and Ghetto on my bottom 6 any day.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
He made some impressive passes for sure. 4 NHL games under his belt, 3 points!
The more pts he gets...the more worried I am that Las Vegas will come for him:cry:. Or, maybe I worry too much!

He looks really good vs Carolina. He plays with a lot of confidence, doesn't get rid of the puck for no reason.

:handclap:

i thought he stayed on the ice too long, he need to make short shifts

Exactly what I was thinking when I looked at the BOXSCORE...
17 shifts with 13:40 minutes of ice-time...my math is not that good but that's not far from 1 minute per shift!!:amazed: (I was surprised when I saw that! I assumed he would get 30 seconds per shift).

Were the coaches calling him back to the bench? Did they want him averaging 45-50seconds per shift? Those are dman shifts...from what I know.

Anyways...happy for Hudon:handclap:.
I don't want him in a trade unless it's an offer we CANNOT refuse.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Looked good. Maybe I was wrong about him. Nothing too special but I don't see how guys like Flynn and Ghetto are ahead of him.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I have a feeling he could fit as a complementary on a good duo as he can set up and shoot .

Rad and galchenyuk

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Mixed feeling so far.
Did good. But i would like to see what he can do in the role he's used to.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Liked his game, he didn't wow but he did a lot of little things right. I thought he played with confidence and was not intimidated out there. I think he knows he belongs, which is part of what Bergevin is looking for.

Right side of the puck, good energy and creativity. I liked his defensive game and think his experience at centre has helped him. He was helping down low on a number of cases when he was the first back. That's smart hockey and the kind of thing coaches love. He made a few nice exit passes to boot, which is another one.

I think he fits with Byron or Carr as a guy that can go up and down the lineup and make an impact. Definitely prefer him to Andrighetto.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
While he is not blazing fast I found his skating decent. Skates as well as DD from what I could see

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
If Radulov can't play tonight I would take Gally off that line and put Hudon in. With a guy like Byron on the line you don't need Gallagher on the RW, you see a offensive winger. It's why Radulov worked so well.

Mr Fox

Hungry since '93
Aug 21, 2013
With Ghetto being sent down, do you think they will give the extensive look to Hudon this early in the season ?

Usually the evaluation are further down the road but I'm wondering if they will keep him even after guys like Flynn returns.

I thought he played very well yesterday. I was not convinced last year, thought he was too slow (although still the same smart player) but I liked what he did. I don't see him with Chucky as it would be a waste, the way he slows down players around him remind me of how Radulov sets up Chucky all the time so putting the two playmakers would not make THAT much sense for me. He may be a good fit to play with Gallagher though. Also, I would like to see him at center; just to make sure we don't have a short term answer to our atrocious center line.

Anyways what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad