Prospect Info: Charles Hudon (Recalled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
While he is not blazing fast I found his skating decent. Skates as well as DD from what I could see

Skating fast is one thing, keeping your feet moving is another... he's quick and knows where the puck will be. He reminds me of Sergei Kostitsyn, from the good days, I think he has Top 6 potential in the NHL.

3 pts in 4 career games is quite impressive in the limited time and opportunities he has... would absolutely love to see him on the left side of Radulov and Galchenyuk.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Skating fast is one thing, keeping your feet moving is another... he's quick and knows where the puck will be. He reminds me of Sergei Kostitsyn, from the good days, I think he has Top 6 potential in the NHL.

3 pts in 4 career games is quite impressive in the limited time and opportunities he has... would absolutely love to see him on the left side of Radulov and Galchenyuk.

His vision and ability to hang on to the puck tells me he has top 6 potential.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

I think Sergei Kostitsyn is a good comparable except without the attitude. SK was really strong on his skates though, which allowed him to protect the puck and use his lower center of gravity to not get knocked over all the time. He had the same sort of hunched over skating that Gally has. A lot of leg drive/strength even if they are not the fastest.

The Habs really need to give Hudon a good look here. We've seen enough of Ghetto. Yes, he may wind up as a top 9 eventually, but I don't think he's anyone we'll worry about losing. Perfect NHL ready B prospect to throw into a deal.

I would like to see Hudon with Chucky too or even Pacioretty or Gallagher. His playmaking is his best asset. We need to give him a real shot to make it or fail, so give him a scorer and see what he can do.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
That's what I would like too.

He's already better than Carr IMO. Send Carr down and keep Hudon for 10 games to evaluate him properly.

I think Carr is more in a fight with Lekhonen (shoot first)
While Hudon is in a fight with Desharnais, Flynn.

There is some "fluidity" between these 2 situations, because Radu, Chucky, Gallagher, Plekanec and Maxpac are top 6 by default (if used differently...doesn't matter).

And then there are the LW-RW considerations.

I think it should be:

Hudon - Chucky - Radu
Carr - Pleks - Gallagher
Maxpac - Danault - Shaw

I think this would be our strongest deployment of talent.

The only change I'm curious about is:

McCarron - Chucky - Radu
Carr - Danault - Gallagher
Maxpac - Hudon - Shaw

I think Hudon is our 3rd best offensive playmaker. Seeing that Chucky and Radu are playing together, it fit that Hudon could feed Max. McCarron could do well in Lucic kind of role with the 2 Russians.

(That's right Plekanec is gone!)

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
He's a super smart player and works hard, his skating isn't great but he has other tools that make up for it.

Should definitely play over DD, Carr, Ghetto and Terry.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If they don't give him the 2nd C spot I'm gonna pull my hair out.

chucky
hudon
plekanec
mitchell

mind you, I don't think he'll become an NHL regular. He should come out hot out of the gate though. Get some value for him while you can.

and what did he do? Danault 2nd line center, then DD back with Patches.

Now I've got patches cause I ripped my damn hair out. MT you so crazy.

Jul 6, 2016
He's a super smart player and works hard, his skating isn't great but he has other tools that make up for it.

Should definitely play over DD, Carr, Ghetto and Terry.

The team decided to keep Lehkonen in North America and were afraid to put Andrighetto on waivers (for no real reason)...

The team is thin (and light) on LW with MaxPac, Lehkonen, Carr, Byron...and now Terry and Hudon. Some have to go. A big LW to play bottom two-lines would be welcomed too.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If Radulov can't play tonight I would take Gally off that line and put Hudon in. With a guy like Byron on the line you don't need Gallagher on the RW, you see a offensive winger. It's why Radulov worked so well.

If Radulov is not playing tonight we need a real first line. Having four 3rd line doesn't cut it in this league.

patch-AG-(shaw|gallagher)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With Ghetto being sent down, do you think they will give the extensive look to Hudon this early in the season ?

Usually the evaluation are further down the road but I'm wondering if they will keep him even after guys like Flynn returns.

I thought he played very well yesterday. I was not convinced last year, thought he was too slow (although still the same smart player) but I liked what he did. I don't see him with Chucky as it would be a waste, the way he slows down players around him remind me of how Radulov sets up Chucky all the time so putting the two playmakers would not make THAT much sense for me. He may be a good fit to play with Gallagher though. Also, I would like to see him at center; just to make sure we don't have a short term answer to our atrocious center line.

Anyways what do you guys think?

Since Hudon is a playmaker first, I think playing with Gallagher would work out well as he will get him the puck. Maybe even Pleks, leaving Byron with Rads (if back) and Galchenyuk, Pac with Danault and Shaw and then the 4th line of Carr Mitchell Flynn (when back)

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

That's exactly the comparison I had in mind yesterday. Hope they keep him up, of all the AHLers yet he's the only one who looks like he could be a regular.

TouzY

Dec 1, 2014
Quebec
I really think Hudon should get a real shot with top wingers... which we don't have much. But atleast give him top minutes and good PP time. But Therrien won't allow that, because he has hockey skills and puck controlling skills.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
not as good as his first game imo. Though that penalty he took late in the 3rd was a bit of a weak call imo.

We need to give a real chance to Hudon (20+ games) to see what he's got. However, I am afraid that Hudon could be a trap for us though, a bit like Desharnais. Hudon has great hockey skill, but he is small and a slow skater. The possibility of fans and media falling in love with a Quebecois player like him is really high, regardless of the flaws in his game. Hudson will have to demonstrate truly exceptional and novel skills to survive the obvious physical issues in his game.

Jul 6, 2016
Hudon is as good, or as bad, or as ready or not as: Carr, Andrighetto, Lehkonen, McCarron....

He needs to improve his game big time to keep a job at NHL level.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
So many options at CENTER (with no more DD):

1st...Galchenyuk
2nd...Plekanec
3rd center...Hudon
3rd-4th center...Danault
3rd-4th center...Shaw
4th-3rd center...Mitchell

Trade deadline:
add a Couturier-esque center.

Hudon...Galchenyuk...Radulov
Pacioretty...Pleks...Gallagher
Danault...Couturier...Shaw
Byron...Mitchell...Flynn
Carr
Lehkonen

Jul 6, 2016
Sean Couturier used to be a very high skilled and high scoring center in Junior. He is still very young. He could take Plekky's place, and do better offensively.

But it will be very hard to get him.

So many options at CENTER (with no more DD):

1st...Galchenyuk
2nd...Plekanec
3rd center...Hudon
3rd-4th center...Danault
3rd-4th center...Shaw
4th-3rd center...Mitchell

Trade deadline:
add a Couturier-esque center.

Hudon...Galchenyuk...Radulov
Pacioretty...Pleks...Gallagher
Danault...Couturier...Shaw
Byron...Mitchell...Flynn
Carr
Lehkonen

Hudon is not first line caliber at all. Way too slow for NHL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I think Carr is more in a fight with Lekhonen (shoot first)
While Hudon is in a fight with Desharnais, Flynn.

There is some "fluidity" between these 2 situations, because Radu, Chucky, Gallagher, Plekanec and Maxpac are top 6 by default (if used differently...doesn't matter).

And then there are the LW-RW considerations.

I think it should be:

Hudon - Chucky - Radu
Carr - Pleks - Gallagher
Maxpac - Danault - Shaw

I think this would be our strongest deployment of talent.

The only change I'm curious about is:

McCarron - Chucky - Radu
Carr - Danault - Gallagher
Maxpac - Hudon - Shaw

I think Hudon is our 3rd best offensive playmaker. Seeing that Chucky and Radu are playing together, it fit that Hudon could feed Max. McCarron could do well in Lucic kind of role with the 2 Russians.

(That's right Plekanec is gone!)

So poor Byron gets lost in the shuffle? Somehow I think Bergevin and Therrien are fond of him, and the fans seem to like him.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
He shows more than some other guys so that's good. He's got poise to do the right play even in his short time in the NHL, also good.

I have no idea what his upside is but he doesn't scream top 6 to me for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino