Prospect Info: Charles Hudon (Recalled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fifthgear

Nov 15, 2007
Montréal
Maybe it´s to early to think this but i was looking at Charles Hudon stats and they are quite impressive as a rookie in the AHL. He has 6 goals 12 assists for 18 points in 18 games played with an 11 +/-. Both are centerman and both are pretty much good defensively, Hudon seems to be gifted also offensively and seems to adjust fast at any challenge he´s given and Both have the same height. Hudon has been converted to center i think during the pre-season and since has been a center. Do we have here a Tomas Plekanec 2.0 with more features? To be honest, i really think he will be and even better.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Hudon in his first pro season has more offense than Ghetto or Thomas, both older but still projected NHL players. Hudon obviously has exceptional trait in some area to be able to do this. Likely, a Ray Ferraro type, he naturally knows where to be on ice to create offense. So, it looks real good for him.

Plekanec played 3 full seasons in Hamilton before he was able to make the jump to NHL. I haven't seen any Hamilton games this season, going by stats Hudon may be able to make the jump this spring. Could be a good addition for the playoffs. Something Serge Savard employed, bring up top prospect late in season in hopes they add for playoffs. He was able to do fairly sucessful many playoff years, in rookies like Lemieux, Chelios, Brunet or Desjardins.

Last edited:

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
wasnt he chosen for team canada (wjc) because of his defensive abilities?

comparison doesn't seem that far fetched to be honest. only hope he's as durable

Canadiens93

May 6, 2010
I understand its a longshot but I love where the OP is going with this. We should be estatic that Hudon at his age is playing such a great 2 way game according to the people that have seen him play for Hamilton this year. I don't think its farfetched to believe he'll become the next Tomas Plekanec, but its in due time. Let him grow and mature for a while in the minors. Even if we have a roster spot call up the experienced players that can play minimal minutes. Skill wise he's good enough to play in the NHL but why force it. Let him see a couple games throughout the year to feel the pace and make him a black ace. Having him next year as an impact player on the first year of his ELC is going to be huge.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
He's been highly touted, played the WJC, has had success everywhere... but the few times I saw him play I just didn't see him. Maybe as a 3rd liner with great defense, but didn't see more.

Really wish I'm wrong.

Rock On

May 29, 2006
Saint-Jean
His ceiling is probably near Plekanec but I could live with him being an average second line center playing on the third line

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Do we see him as a center or winger long-term? Because I think Pleks will still be around by the time he gets called up, he might need to spend a couple years on the wing.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I say no. Hudon looks more like a Cammalleri lite

He's nothing like Cammalleri lol.

I tend to agree with the OP in that Hudon will be an impact 2 way forward in the NHL. I understand the comparison to Plek, but they are different players. Plek's skating and athleticism is on another level, but Hudson's hockey sense and vision may trump Pleks. He may be more skilled too.

Either way barring injury this kid will be an important player for the Habs for a long time.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
I see Andrighetto as very very similar to Cammalleri, agree with the Plekanec comparison for Hudon.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Saw him in the game vs the Marlies last Sunday, he was everywhere, played well defensively, 3 points I believe, plays the point on what was the first PP wave, smart player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad