Prospect Info: Charles Hudon (Recalled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
DD is a good playmaker too though... It's all he's really good at. He also has a very underrated shot like Hudon. DD is not that slow either (or he wasn't before). Hudon is slightly bigger. They aren't that different from what I've seen.

Give any NHLer enough time in slot, they can snipe.

Hudon has played the point on powerplays...he has much better arsenal of shots/release that DD.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Plekanec spent over 3 years in the AHL.

He spent 3 seasons + 2 games before becoming a full time NHLer. But that third year was due to the NHL having their full season lockout. Or else he would have made the NHL team a year before. He has, however, said that the extra year in the AHL due to the lockout was a big help in his development.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Rads apparently is not going to Carolina, but may play Toronto depending on how he feels.

We'll probably see Hudon tm.

That's a shame I already miss watching "Taz" play. Hope he gets well soon!

147270-196285-taz.jpg

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He spent 3 seasons + 2 games before becoming a full time NHLer. But that third year was due to the NHL having their full season lockout. Or else he would have made the NHL team a year before. He has, however, said that the extra year in the AHL due to the lockout was a big help in his development.

It also makes the hunger stronger once a player makes the NHL, he knows what it takes to stay, I wish this were the case for Lehkonen, a good player but needing some finish, Rads could have more points if this were the case but we knew the Habs were not going to sign him and give him Chucky from the get go. Some players need more time, look at Sergachev, if but he were a year older(a dumb rule to protect junior teams, he could ply in the NHL but not the AHL). If we were able to send him down for 20 he would come back a new man, it would solve our PMD issue but it is what it is.

Habfan10

May 16, 2015
I really doubt that MB is calling up Hudon just to be showcased. There is more to lose than gain unless Hudon is a can't miss NHL prospect. If I am MB and ARI already likes Hudon as a player they like than I don't bring him up and risk him not performing and losing value.

He is being called up because he deserves a shot at a time when the Habs have some missing players.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Thats the risk.

IMHO one of our prospects needs to be moved this year for a big piece. I just like Scherback and McCarron better but someone should be traded because the time for cup is now!

Just concerned that if someone wants Hudon and the team balks that we end up with another Tinordi/Ghetto situation.

Going back in time today would you trade Ghetto last year? Probably yes, but I bet last year many (even me) would of said we can't trade Ghetto. Sometimes you have to take the risk. Stars traded Iginla, and Hudon aint no Iginla.

I agree. I even feel the same way about preferring to keep Scherbak and McCarron over Hudon.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I agree. I even feel the same way about preferring to keep Scherbak and McCarron over Hudon.

And don't get me wrong I don't think we should throw Hudon away for a 7th rounder or something. But if a team approaches MB with a good player and they want Hudon you do it.

Everyone knows there is a piece or two missing from this team. MB HAS to get it. With Weber and Price we have a good chance to run the east we just need a little bit more.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
With Hudon its wether or not his skating continues to improve. He is ultra skilled.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If he plays saturday and Radu is back too
I think we will see this:

Byron - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Danault - Hudon
Hudon - Plekanec - Gallagher
DD - Mitchell - Carr

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
DD is a good playmaker too though... It's all he's really good at. He also has a very underrated shot like Hudon. DD is not that slow either (or he wasn't before). Hudon is slightly bigger. They aren't that different from what I've seen.

DD is a terrible playmaker. Can this myth ever die?

He passes for position, and sometimes he gets lucky. It was all very obvious last night, when he was sitting in front of the net, got the puck, in a perfect situation for a shot. But then decided to send it to the other side of the net, where there was no one at all. Good playmakers don't blindly pass every 2nd pass. Good playmakers don't send the puck in the middle of the slot "just in case".

Hudon has played the point on powerplays...he has much better arsenal of shots/release that DD.

There is no comparison shot wise.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Give him a line where he can drive the offense. Let see what he's really made of. If he can't, he's gone. He shouldn't be tried on the 4th line. Call back Matteau if that's what you are looking for.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
If he plays saturday and Radu is back too
I think we will see this:

Byron - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Danault - Hudon
Hudon - Plekanec - Gallagher
DD - Mitchell - Carr

You think Hudon will play on the second and the third line.

DD is a good playmaker too though...

He makes way too many blind passes to be called a good playmaker.

He routinely passes to locations rather than to teammates. The percentage of passes he makes that are blind is staggering.

DD is a terrible playmaker. Can this myth ever die?

He passes for position, and sometimes he gets lucky. It was all very obvious last night, when he was sitting in front of the net, got the puck, in a perfect situation for a shot. But then decided to send it to the other side of the net, where there was no one at all. Good playmakers don't blindly pass every 2nd pass. Good playmakers don't send the puck in the middle of the slot "just in case".

Exactly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
This team seem like they have an infinite supply of small players who will never amount to anything.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Glad to see McCarron and Scherbak still in then AHL developing. No need to call them up just yet.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If they don't give him the 2nd C spot I'm gonna pull my hair out.

chucky
hudon
plekanec
mitchell

mind you, I don't think he'll become an NHL regular. He should come out hot out of the gate though. Get some value for him while you can.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If they don't give him the 2nd C spot I'm gonna pull my hair out.

chucky
hudon
plekanec
mitchell

mind you, I don't think he'll become an NHL regular. He should come out hot out of the gate though. Get some value for him while you can.

get ready to pull your hair out as he hasn't played center in just over a year outside of taking some draws on the PP this year (last year he was used on the point on the PP, now they put Terry back there, or did)

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
get ready to pull your hair out as he hasn't played center in just over a year outside of taking some draws on the PP this year (last year he was used on the point on the PP, now they put Terry back there, or did)

After I heard that Hudon doesn't even play center the comparisons and constant references to 'taking DD's C spot' have become entertaining.

I'll admit, I had no idea either. I thought he was playing C still.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

In the case of helping out Audette and McCarron, I'm all for it. Last year when they were trying Scherbak at C it was ridiculous.

But for the big club to not use him at C when they need a shot in the arm...let's just say I need whatever hair I have left. They need to use Hudon, not necessarily on draws, but just have him hop over the bench with Patches or whoever.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
In the case of helping out Audette and McCarron, I'm all for it. Last year when they were trying Scherbak at C it was ridiculous.

But for the big club to not use him at C when they need a shot in the arm...let's just say I need whatever hair I have left. They need to use Hudon, not necessarily on draws, but just have him hop over the bench with Patches or whoever.

I think it would be a mistake to put him at a position he's not played much of. I just hope he plays, as he should be able to help any line imo. He's really good at getting pucks to people but also has the shot that can do damage.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
This team seem like they have an infinite supply of small players who will never amount to anything.

This team seem like they have an infinite supply of Big players who will never amount to anything.

Fixed it for you.

Crisp, De La Rose, Gregoire, Tinordi, Natinen, Avtsin, dietz, Ellis, Quailer, Missian, Conboy, Fischer, etc..., etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad