Waived: [CGY] F Adam Ruzicka waived by the Flames (claimed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
It's bizarre that no one offered the famous "future considerations" for him. Does he have scabies or something? I find these situations puzzling.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It's bizarre that no one offered the famous "future considerations" for him. Does he have scabies or something? I find these situations puzzling.
Sometimes teams don't shop these guys around because they hope to slip them through waivers to the AHL. They take 50/50 chance to lose them for nothing rather than losing them for sure for next to nothing.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Sometimes teams don't shop these guys around because they hope to slip them through waivers to the AHL. They take 50/50 chance to lose them for nothing rather than losing them for sure for next to nothing.
This and also 98% of waived guys are completely overrated on this forum and don't have (any) value that fans think they do as assets in the middle of a season.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
And if he clears, Flames have 30 days to sent him to AHL, if they want to. That gives them some flexibility for the deadline, if they are trading their UFA's for some younger players that need to clear waivers. They can send Ruzicka down to make room in the roster.

Reactions: vokiel

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Yea there really isn't any other big news going on in the hockey world right now, that's why I think this waiver is getting so much attention, but I'm just speculating....
I mean we are on the Trade Rumors forum here...and there's really only so much that can be said about that...other thing...right now. You know, speculation and all not allowed....

Reactions: MasterofGrond

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Preds have an open spot, could definitely see them taking a look. Didn't work out with Fagemo or Foudy, but it's worth taking a look at another one, just in case. It didn't hurt one bit with those previous two.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If you claim him, prepare for no show. He shows up may be couple times a month

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
If you claim him, prepare for no show. He shows up may be couple times a month
I like to think guys off waivers tend to show up at least for a bit, it could be a mental FU to the team that waived him or the kick in the pants the player needed, but it tends to happen a lot. With the injuries the Devils have, if he was able to give a couple weeks of his A game, that would be really nice and then kick him to the curb when he comes back down to earth, or after a game or two if he just isn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad