Waived: [CGY] F Adam Ruzicka waived by the Flames (claimed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Talented player but just looks like he’s out for a Sunday stroll. Should have got more of a look in the top 9 but Zary and Pospisil
Took that opportunity from him

Reactions: Pomee and Nanuuk

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Which is fine, the vast majority of that roster would pass through waivers with ease
Well they can't place someone on waivers as the roster spot needs to be available before the claim so a waiver exempt player would have to get sent down. Not saying they won't do it, but they would have to do that in order to claim him.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Talented player but just looks like he’s out for a Sunday stroll. Should have got more of a look in the top 9 but Zary and Pospisil
Took that opportunity from him
Very true. Which is why you have to make the most out of your opportunity, limited or no.

He didn't and somebody else did.

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
I dont know what opportunity some posters are talking about.
His avg 8 minutes icetime where he was put in no position to succeed or to be consistent?

As HighLifeMan mentioned Ruzicka played last year 20 games in the top six and led the team in scoring for the entirety of the month. He was then replaced by Milan Lucic whom was scratched for three consecutive games prior to that.
This year he has seen 60 minutes with Kadri. That's a 4 or 5 game sample size.

Montreal with the need of center will grab him imho.
Ruzicka would be also great partner for his countryman Slafkovsky.
Win-Win-Win for Habs!

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Seems like good news for klapka.lol.

I hope he gets picked up... Lots of talent but needs more consistency.

Reactions: Play

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
I honestly think Disimone has been fine as a bottom pair D, Oesterle is so bad idk how hes kept before Disimone. Ruzicka is just a very meh player, he gets pts here and there but never seem to generate anything on eye test

Reactions: Nanuuk

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Hawks currently have room for days in our top 9.

Yeah. Ruzicka makes a lot of sense to me, for Chicago to take a flyer. They've got all sorts of filler playing, it wouldn't be remotely challenging to carve out a spot for him to give it a try. Even if all you get is his typical little 10 game stint of promising play, followed by absolutely nothing; probably still worthwhile for them, and there's still always the chance that he finally finds some consistency with a change of scenery and big opportunity gifted to him.

Only real problem is...the Hawks don't really have many of the sort of good, offense-driving sort of players that Ruzicka has historically played his best hockey riding shotgun to.

I could also see some teams that have been hit by injuries and are gearing up to sell off some bodies at the deadline giving him a shot to sort of temporarily backfill those roster spots they're expecting to open up soon.

But he's got size and some skill. Even if he doesn't use the size much and doesn't really seem well suited to a 4th line role...that size is still a trait that GMs like a lot more than small offensive guys on waivers.

Reactions: Pomee

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Had almost 1/2 ppg last season and this year dropped right off. Is it him? Or is it the team overall? The obvious attributes are there and he's still relatively young. Hope we take a flyer on him if he's there for us. Pair him with Slaf (the Slovakian Jagr) and Mesar (the Slovakian Gretzky) and hopefully he blossoms into the Slovakian Lindros, hahahaha.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
MTL recalled Condotta, I doubt they put in a claim. They would need to clear a roster spot and that most likely won't happen without a trade. Waiving someone else would take another 24h?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad