Waived: [CGY] F Adam Ruzicka waived by the Flames (claimed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I'm kind of with you. He hasn't had tons of opportunity this season. He also hasn't really earned it. It's a tough call because there is legitimate skill there. There's also a really casual approach to being an NHL player.
He got beat by Pospisil. The roster spot was his to lose and he didn't really grab anything.

Reactions: KristichBabych

Bond

May 10, 2012
What opportunity was that?

Last year he played 20 games in the top six and led the team in scoring for the entirety of the month. He was then replaced by Milan Lucic whom was scratched for three consecutive games prior to that.

This year he has seen 60 minutes with Kadri. That's a 4 or 5 game sample size.
He couldn't beat out Zary or Pospisil for a better spot this year and youth have been given a chance all season long. I think this will be like Matthew Phillips if he is claimed.

Consistent effort has been his issue since juniors

I don't disagree. I'm just frustrated because I know there is 2nd line skill there.
Yeah, always crazy to me that there are players that have the ability to make millions if they just try that much harder and then don't.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He couldn't beat out Zary or Pospisil for a better spot this year and youth have been given a chance all season long. I think this will be like Matthew Phillips if he is claimed.

Consistent effort has been his issue since juniors
I don't disagree. But didn't our current captain struggle with consistency until he was 27? Of course so did Joe Colborne.

Reactions: Pomee

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Skilled player that needs to play with skilled players to show what he can do. Got pigeonholed in Calgary because he's big but doesn't play big.

He was at his best when he was playing next to Lindholm and Toffoli. His worst was on the 4th line playing minimal minutes.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Definitely Chicago should claim him. They have Tyler Johnson and Bedard out at center so they need a center. Plus, Ruzicka can also play wing. He’s still young so there’s upside there…and they can give him more minutes!

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Is it potentially a Eeli Tolvanen situation?

The difference besides their stature as prospects back in their younger years is that Tolvanen had already basically rebuilt his game from the ground up in Nashville before he got waived. His scoring had dried up but he had already shown could carve a niche in a team’s middle six with a lot more feistiness and better defensive metrics than should’ve been expected giving his earlier rep. He just had to put that big shot and offensive instincts back into the equation.

I got no such vibes from Ruzicka even though he is much bigger physically. I don’t look at him and go “well he hasn’t quite made it but that’s because under Sutter last year he rebuilt his game to be a more versatile piece”.

Last edited:
Reactions: JuJu Mobb

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Definitely has some middle 6 talent, it's the lack of a real motor that holds him back.
Much better on the W than at C, but the Flames have a seemingly never ending supply of LHS LWers so there's not a lot of good spots for him. 4C is a very specific role in my mind and he's just not suited for it.

Kind of hope someone claims him honestly, just don't see it working out here. If not well he should help the Wranglers.

Reactions: salwan and Nanuuk

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
wow! I thought he showed some pretty good promise last year. Wouldn't mind the leafs putting a bid in for him but I imagine he'll get grab sooner.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
wow! I thought he showed some pretty good promise last year. Wouldn't mind the leafs putting a bid in for him but I imagine he'll get grab sooner.

He showed promise when put in a position to succeed.

There is literally zero point to consider a claim if the plan is to play him 8 minutes a night on the 4th line. Some players have the skillset and mindset to excel in that role - he's not one of them.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Rosie has had plenty of chances. It says a lot when a recent call-up, with 3 NHL games to his resume (Schwindt), shows more than Rosie in his very small sample size of 6:45 TOI.

And how did he do that? Aggressive play and speed, in my opinion. Also won both of his face-offs. Pity Huska has a habit of not giving his 4 line 10 minutes of ice a game.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I completely forgot DeSimone was still with the team.

Ruzicka isn’t claimed I’ll be mildly surprised. He shows flashes of competence. Then vanishes.
I’m not usually a “there’s no way this guy passes waivers” kind of person but truly I can’t see any reason why Chicago wouldn’t when 2/3rd of their team isn’t NHL calibre

Bond

May 10, 2012
I’m not usually a “there’s no way this guy passes waivers” kind of person but truly I can’t see any reason why Chicago wouldn’t when 2/3rd of their team isn’t NHL calibre
Yeah, he might get to 30 points if he is given a lot of ice time

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Yeah, he might get to 30 points if he is given a lot of ice time
Yeah as others have said he’s not great, but maybe he sees this as a kick in the ass, actually gives a full effort for a while with a chance to play with Bedard and does something with it

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yeah as others have said he’s not great, but maybe he sees this as a kick in the ass, actually gives a full effort for a while with a chance to play with Bedard and does something with it
Hawks would need to send someone down to claim him as they are at 23 players already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad