Waived: [CGY] F Adam Ruzicka waived by the Flames (claimed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I wonder if Ruzicka gets claimed? There is serious talent there, but it never seems to come out with any consistency. If I'm Chicago I'm claiming him. Also how does DiSimone get waived before Oesterle?

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Ruzicka would probably do well on a top 6. At least for 20 games.

Desimone and Osterle have been terrible.

Reactions: Pomee

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I wonder if Ruzicka gets claimed? There is serious talent there, but it never seems to come out with any consistency. If I'm Chicago I'm claiming him. Also how does DiSimone get waived before Oesterle?
Habs might have some interest in him. They need a 4th line centre.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Someone probably takes a swing on Ruzicka. He looks really good for about 15 games and then disappears

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Wouldnt shock me if he does. He just cant give a consistent effort game in and game out. Might be the perfect needs a change of scenery guy.

Bond

May 10, 2012
He's not a 4th line player, and he's probably better served on the wing.

The talent is there. He has shown it in glimpses when given the opportunity. A team like Chicago should absolutely be grabbing him.
He got the opportunity on the Flames but he couldn't run with it.
Maybe waivers will light the fire under his ass he needs to be consistent

Reactions: Nanuuk

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Military transports of players seem about to recommence between Calgary and Vancouver again.

Maybe they should finally just merge the teams like the Minnesota North Stars did with the Cleveland Barons back in the day:

• Haha
Reactions: Nanuuk

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
He got the opportunity on the Flames but he couldn't run with it.
Maybe waivers will light the fire under his ass he needs to be consistent

What opportunity was that?

Last year he played 20 games in the top six and led the team in scoring for the entirety of the month. He was then replaced by Milan Lucic whom was scratched for three consecutive games prior to that.

This year he has seen 60 minutes with Kadri. That's a 4 or 5 game sample size.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
What opportunity was that?

Last year he played 20 games in the top six and led the team in scoring for the entirety of the month. He was then replaced by Milan Lucic whom was scratched for three consecutive games prior to that.

This year he has seen 60 minutes with Kadri. That's a 4 or 5 game sample size.
I'm kind of with you. He hasn't had tons of opportunity this season. He also hasn't really earned it. It's a tough call because there is legitimate skill there. There's also a really casual approach to being an NHL player.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
May get claimed because he’s cheap but highly unlikely to turn into the player people think he is or should be.

Skilled but so are tons of guys not in the NHL. Useless in a checking role or two-way line. Not good or consistent enough to be a legit NHL scoring asset.

Reputation based on some small sample size performances and relative youth. Not much improvement the couple few years. It’s not like the Flames haven’t needed a youthful injection of skill…

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Montreal might have interested in Ruzicka some team will likely claim him

Reactions: Pomee and jrom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad