CFL 2023

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Grey Cup champ and MVP takes less money to keep team competitive, while our useless plug of a backup milked the team for every dollar he could, and then shit the bed.

Reactions: guymez

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Grey Cup champ and MVP takes less money to keep team competitive, while our useless plug of a backup milked the team for every dollar he could, and then shit the bed.

I mean from that article I have no idea what he left on the table.

With that being said given the money these guys make in the CFL and given the damage football can and does to your body, you don't have to leave a whole pile of money on the table to get my respect. I get why guys take the money and run. Football is very cut throat and teams will toss you aside like a kleenex at the first sign of you declining. Well except the Eskimos. They like to keep certain guys around for fun it seems.

Reactions: TB12

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I don’t blame CFL players for getting all they can - given the punishment they take, the inherent risks, and the low pay compared to other pro sports. I blame the GMs who hand out big salaries for players who don’t deserve it by their play.

Reactions: TB12

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Gee, I'll have to cancel all those weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, etc, just to make sure I clear time for these games.
For me the only things that take precedence are weddings and travel; birthday and anniversary celebrations, etc. can be adjusted. Or am I taking your post too seriously?

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Jones is still in love with this plug. I’ll believe it when I see it. Wouldn’t shock me if he made the incredibly stupid move of paying his bonus next month.
That would be so Oiler like. Maybe Lelaucheur will step in and say no mas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad