Cchl2. 2016/2017

Big Bear

Oct 28, 2012
Good on you Richmond,,,nice to knock off a team like Arnprior ,,see if big bear makes excuses again.

There is no excuses here Richmond was full marks for their series win. I made the hr trip to games 6 and 7 (wish you could say the same). I felt Arnprior deserved way better in Game 6 especially in the 3rd and unfortunately anything can happen in Game 7 and I thought Richmond deserved Game 7.

Unfortunately you must be a bias parent or player instead of being an outsider that just loves the game (like me) :yo:

ex coach

Sep 16, 2016
So some interesting news here-Cobden, Embrun and maybe South to Gloucester-any other moves?

Godin22

Mar 6, 2017
Players for Cobden

Quick question: So with the Lumber Kings buying the Prescott Flyers and the team heading to Cobden, do all Prescott's players who are eligible to return become free agents? Do they have to report? Or is Cobden starting from scratch?

SensHero

Jul 19, 2010
Ottawa
Quick question: So with the Lumber Kings buying the Prescott Flyers and the team heading to Cobden, do all Prescott's players who are eligible to return become free agents? Do they have to report? Or is Cobden starting from scratch?

Cobden would own their rights. They can always trade a player who might be unwillingly to play on Cobden because of school, work, travel. etc.

ex coach

Sep 16, 2016
Well it was 2 this year and then none next year-so there are no overagers going forward.

HockeyVolunteer

Jan 8, 2016
Another rule change question, I had heard that if a player played JrA this past year (CCHL), then they would not be allowed to play CCHL2 next year 2017/18. Is this true?

ex coach

Sep 16, 2016
Dont see why not-last year after serving his suspension tyson Stewart played for West.

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
Another stupid rule. Add it to the pile of dumb things Abrams and Co. are doing to ruin this level of hockey.

I found it interesting last Friday night PBW had a bigger home gate than CP game and SFBgame at home....I know it was game seven but still the fan support in the CCHL is a bit of a joke other than a couple of locations.Certainly the power they wield in local hockey is not reflected in the size of their fan support.

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
I found it interesting last Friday night PBW had a bigger home gate than CP game and SFBgame at home....I know it was game seven but still the fan support in the CCHL is a bit of a joke other than a couple of locations.Certainly the power they wield in local hockey is not reflected in the size of their fan support.

Each Jr team gets 5 votes at the AGM. They represent 25 players.

Kanata minor hockey gets 3 votes, they represent 2500 players.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Maple Leaf Forever
Brockville/Kemptville/Carleton Place/Pembroke/Cornwall/Smith Falls are all supported well enough

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
Maple Leaf Forever
Brockville/Kemptville/Carleton Place/Pembroke/Cornwall/Smith Falls are all supported well enough[/QUOTE

"Supported well enough"....what does that mean ? CP who has obviously been very successful on the ice over the last few years ..perennial powerhouse .....great job of recruiting year over year by coach Clarke and they average 345 fans per game ......I would say the league has attendance issues.......

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
Maple Leaf Forever
Brockville/Kemptville/Carleton Place/Pembroke/Cornwall/Smith Falls are all supported well enough[/QUOTE

"Supported well enough"....what does that mean ? CP who has obviously been very successful on the ice over the last few years ..perennial powerhouse .....great job of recruiting year over year by coach Clarke and they average 345 fans per game ......I would say the league has attendance issues.......

I would say every Junior A league in the country (even many at the Major Junior level) has attendance issues. Unless you are living in the northern regions of a province... there is too much more for people to do these days. Lower admission for every junior A rink would be a good start.

Sidekick

Mar 20, 2013
I would say every Junior A league in the country (even many at the Major Junior level) has attendance issues. Unless you are living in the northern regions of a province... there is too much more for people to do these days. Lower admission for every junior A rink would be a good start.

I wouldn't use the northern Ontario leagues as 'good' attendance examples. They may draw well in comparison to some southern Ontario teams, but compared to Brooks, Trail, Amherst, etc.. it's still bad.
The northern loops would actually make killer Jr.B leagues. The problem isn't the revenues are too low, it's that expenses are too high. So many Jr.A teams and leagues play to the false hope that 'if you play here and play kinda well, you'll get a scholarship.' And that's too bad, because fans don't care. Fans want good entertainment first, and usually that means wins. Or in lieu of that they want local players.

I'm not sure which the CCHL is providing, and yet they've looped in a great league (the EOJBHL) and taken the 'local' out of it too.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
I wouldn't use the northern Ontario leagues as 'good' attendance examples. They may draw well in comparison to some southern Ontario teams, but compared to Brooks, Trail, Amherst, etc.. it's still bad.
The northern loops would actually make killer Jr.B leagues. The problem isn't the revenues are too low, it's that expenses are too high. So many Jr.A teams and leagues play to the false hope that 'if you play here and play kinda well, you'll get a scholarship.' And that's too bad, because fans don't care. Fans want good entertainment first, and usually that means wins. Or in lieu of that they want local players.

I'm not sure which the CCHL is providing, and yet they've looped in a great league (the EOJBHL) and taken the 'local' out of it too.

You have to keep in mind teams like Amherst is the only show in town and there is nothing nearby so they should and do get great support if you look at the CCHL or the OPJHL most teams are in or close to major cities.

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
You have to keep in mind teams like Amherst is the only show in town and there is nothing nearby so they should and do get great support if you look at the CCHL or the OPJHL most teams are in or close to major cities.

First of all CP as previously stated has been the flagship franchise really since they joined the league....there on ice success had been tremendous... ...other than the 67 's this team is the best junior team in the HEO...and they average 345 fans per game ......I would have to assume ownership approaches team marketing with the same strong effort they do in building successful teams .........I still feel the league has attendance issues.....for whatever reasons.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
First of all CP as previously stated has been the flagship franchise really since they joined the league....there on ice success had been tremendous... ...other than the 67 's this team is the best junior team in the HEO...and they average 345 fans per game ......I would have to assume ownership approaches team marketing with the same strong effort they do in building successful teams .........I still feel the league has attendance issues.....for whatever reasons.

Its not limited to the CCHL look at the OPJHL/QJHL the list goes on an don.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad