Cchl2. 2016/2017

play hard

Apr 13, 2014
Perth #9 instigated a fight with Arnprior #3.
Perth #23 fought Arnprior #22, #23 gave him a few cage punches, a handful while down via hockey glove, could tell the Arnprior player really didn't want to fight... he's the leading scorer of the league.
Perth #6 fought Arnprior #6. That is 6-4, 210 Vs 5-9, 164. Arnprior captain intervened got Third Man In etc etc.

All could have been avoided if #9 didn't instigate, then again, who knows. Stupid play overall. 4-1 Arnprior lead at time of it. Play hockey.

Have a little class... don't mention numbers.

ValleyDivisionFan

Jan 24, 2016
Playoff Predictions

With the playoffs starting tonight I thought I would make some predictions.

WC 1 - Winchester over Clarence in 3
WC 2 - Athens over Westport in 2

Richardson Division Quarter Finals,

Perth over Athens in 5
Arnprior over Richmond in 6

Perth over Arnprior in 6

Martin Division Quarter Finals

Ottawa West over Winchester in 4
Casselman over Metcalfe in 6

Ottawa West over Casselman in 7

League Final

Ottawa West over Perth in 7

Would love to hear others thoughts or predictions as we head into the playoffs.

ex coach

Sep 16, 2016
Well as is the case most of the time you have picked all the favourites and that is typical as they have shown all season they were better. So will there be any upsets? Well Westport looked good last night and upsets are more likely in a short series. Also Westport was only a point behind Athens in the standings and did win the season series so really would not be an upset.

I also think Richmond could upset Arnprior. Arnprior is a scoring machine but their goaltending is suspect in my mind. Richmond has a goalie that can steal a game and maybe a series. Casselman and Ottawa West will be a heck of a series as usual. Again I think as in most play offs goaltending will be the major factor and Casselman is clearly better here than West, but West has 4 strong lines and an experienced back end, so will they prevail?
But a Perth West seems likely again. Your predictions look pretty solid.

play hard

Apr 13, 2014
Well as is the case most of the time you have picked all the favourites and that is typical as they have shown all season they were better. So will there be any upsets? Well Westport looked good last night and upsets are more likely in a short series. Also Westport was only a point behind Athens in the standings and did win the season series so really would not be an upset.

I also think Richmond could upset Arnprior. Arnprior is a scoring machine but their goaltending is suspect in my mind. Richmond has a goalie that can steal a game and maybe a series. Casselman and Ottawa West will be a heck of a series as usual. Again I think as in most play offs goaltending will be the major factor and Casselman is clearly better here than West, but West has 4 strong lines and an experienced back end, so will they prevail?
But a Perth West seems likely again. Your predictions look pretty solid.

I agree that Richmond could upset Arnprior due to the goaltending situation.. Perth is very strong and should be a force right to the end. West should go very deep and I see them as the potential finalists with Perth.

Original Six

Jan 27, 2017
Question:
If a player turns his skate slightly to re-direct a shot from the point into the net (no kicking motion / stick off the ice, not even close to the puck), is that a goal in this league? This clearly happened during the Jets/Vikings game last week in clear view of one ref, however the ref closer to the net had his view blocked. Have it all on tape.
Oh well, that's hockey...

ex coach

Sep 16, 2016
Looks like the bye is a disadvantage! Both Perth and West lost after the week off! Dont think they will lose the series but that first game was tough on both

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
I agree that Richmond could upset Arnprior due to the goaltending situation.. Perth is very strong and should be a force right to the end. West should go very deep and I see them as the potential finalists with Perth.

Arnprior goaltending looks just fine thus far.

Hockeycaper

Feb 25, 2016

If you had watched the game in Richmond the other night, you would not look down on Arnprior's goalies .Salahorkept the game close till the team woke up and scored... he stood on his head. :yo:

play hard

Apr 13, 2014
If you had watched the game in Richmond the other night, you would not look down on Arnprior's goalies .Salahorkept the game close till the team woke up and scored... he stood on his head. :yo:

When he is able to keep composed he does fine in nets.

ex coach

Sep 16, 2016
When he is able to keep composed he does fine in nets.
That is a great observation and a key to his game-didnt see the game but saw a few Richmond guys had penalties for goalie interference-seems they tried to get Anthony off his game and he didnt bite. He has a very unorthodox style but can change a game when he is on.

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
(9th) Clarence leads (1st) Ottawa West 3-0
(7th) Athens leads (2nd) Perth 2-0
(6th) Metcalfe leads (3rd) Casselman 2-1
(4th) Arnprior leads (5th) Richmond 2-0

Not over by any regard but this is definitely unexpected so far.

ValleyDivisionFan

Jan 24, 2016
(9th) Clarence leads (1st) Ottawa West 3-0
(7th) Athens leads (2nd) Perth 2-0
(6th) Metcalfe leads (3rd) Casselman 2-1
(4th) Arnprior leads (5th) Richmond 2-0

Not over by any regard but this is definitely unexpected so far.

Clarence is up 3-0 because their goalie is playing unbelievable and stealing games. Daoust has stopped 157 out of 162 shots in three games.

Last edited:

Hockeycaper

Feb 25, 2016
That is a great observation and a key to his game-didnt see the game but saw a few Richmond guys had penalties for goalie interference-seems they tried to get Anthony off his game and he didnt bite. He has a very unorthodox style but can change a game when he is on.

It seems Richmond got Salahor off his game in game 3 as he only played first period. He did not return from dressing room after first......???? Any info out there on what happened?

ValleyDivisionFan

Jan 24, 2016
It seems Richmond got Salahor off his game in game 3 as he only played first period. He did not return from dressing room after first......???? Any info out there on what happened?

Game sheet is wrong. Was at the game and Salahor played first two periods. No idea why he left, did not appear to be injured... Meyerhans started the third.

Big Bear

Oct 28, 2012
Game sheet is wrong. Was at the game and Salahor played first two periods. No idea why he left, did not appear to be injured... Meyerhans started the third.

I was at the game and the game sheet is correct Salahor did not return after the first period. The rumor is he got kicked in the head from Hickie when he was going to the net in the first period. It's clear the plan is to get in the blue paint a HF playoff special.

Highstic

Oct 6, 2014
I was at the game and the game sheet is correct Salahor did not return after the first period. The rumor is he got kicked in the head from Hickie when he was going to the net in the first period. It's clear the plan is to get in the blue paint a HF playoff special.

Both teams have been driving the net hard. With the new rule surrounding Goalie interference, intentionally running the tender without serious consequences, is a thing of the past. It has been a very even series so far and if not for Salohor and a bit of puck luck in game 2 it could easily now be 2-1 Richmond. Big game today for both teams. Perth and OW both facing possible elimination today...... Crazy Playoffs so far. Prediction: IMO Whoever come out of the Pachers/Royals series, may well be the favorite to win it all this year. Good luck to all teams in the balance of the PO's.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
The Brockville Reorder claims the Flyers have been sold to the Kings and will be moving to Cobden.

Bobby Clarke

Sep 11, 2014
Both teams have been driving the net hard. With the new rule surrounding Goalie interference, intentionally running the tender without serious consequences, is a thing of the past. It has been a very even series so far and if not for Salohor and a bit of puck luck in game 2 it could easily now be 2-1 Richmond. Big game today for both teams. Perth and OW both facing possible elimination today...... Crazy Playoffs so far. Prediction: IMO Whoever come out of the Pachers/Royals series, may well be the favorite to win it all this year. Good luck to all teams in the balance of the PO's.

Good on you Richmond,,,nice to knock off a team like Arnprior ,,see if big bear makes excuses again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad