Cchl2. 2016/2017

pucksly

Nov 3, 2010
Will Casselman spend enough money to buy the championship again this year?

upinarms

Jul 16, 2010
Will we see some 20 yr olds from CCHL 2 moving to JR C league this coming season in order to get another year of hockey as a 21 year old. I assume you have to play in JR C league as a 20 to be able to play at 21. Especially now that the rumour is only two 21 yr olds in CCHL 2 and apparently none the following season. CCHL 2 is getting younger. Need to make room for all the U18 players who are graduating. Anyone hear anything about cutting 4 more teams to 12 so they can line up with CCHL 1, or has that idea gone away.

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
Will we see some 20 yr olds from CCHL 2 moving to JR C league this coming season in order to get another year of hockey as a 21 year old. I assume you have to play in JR C league as a 20 to be able to play at 21. Especially now that the rumour is only two 21 yr olds in CCHL 2 and apparently none the following season. CCHL 2 is getting younger. Need to make room for all the U18 players who are graduating. Anyone hear anything about cutting 4 more teams to 12 so they can line up with CCHL 1, or has that idea gone away.

Only a matter of time before Jr C also removes the 21-year old players. They are not even a junior aged player, plenty of room in rec league.

There are some very good '99's coming from HEO AAA who will take up roster spots in CCHL2 this season. The model is changing, I think it will take at least one more season before the parity levels out. All each team can do is just worry about their program and how they want to run it. I highly believe the majority will focus on development rather then having an expensive lineup on the ice. This will be the final season for the '95's and '96's. The days of starting at 16 and finishing at 21 are long gone.

As for the "cutting" teams out, this has only ever been a rumor created on here. It makes sense to some but there would have to be a huge pull from Junior A and a lot of money thrown at the Junior B clubs in order for this to ever happen. Junior A teams are also bringing in Academy programs as well as partnering with HEO AAA so adding a CCHL2 franchise as well would be quite a bit of work. Right now there is a nice balance, as there are some good partnerships between CCHL and CCHL2 (Smiths Falls/Westport, Kanata/Ottawa, Nepean/Ottawa West, and a few others quietly working together and a couple teams having multiple partners.

Last edited:

pucksly

Nov 3, 2010
Will try to make it out. Weather will be determining factor. Can't wait to see the new faces in the line ups.

pucksly

Nov 3, 2010
Actually pretty one sided. Athens seemed to be using more rookies than Renfrew did. It's so hard to make any predictions or get a true sense of the teams in the preseason.

Hockeycaper

Feb 25, 2016
Seems Athens picked it up last night with an 8-4 win over Richmond. Anyone catch that game?

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
Two move to the NOJHL

August 12, 2016 - Blind River Beavers acquire Cole Peck from Ottawa Junior Canadians Jr.B. (CCHL2)
August 20, 2016 - Blind River Beavers acquire Jordan Ribbink from Brockville Tikis Jr. B (CCHL2)

SOURCE: http://nojhl.com/transactions-2016-2017

Last edited:

Hockeycaper

Feb 25, 2016
Glad to see there is finally some interest in the CCHL2 subject I was getting kind of lonely posting in here. What are the big games or people to watch coming up? Also next weekend is the Showcase weekend I see on their schedule.

pucksly

Nov 3, 2010
August 12, 2016 - Blind River Beavers acquire Cole Peck from Ottawa Junior Canadians Jr.B. (CCHL2)
August 20, 2016 - Blind River Beavers acquire Jordan Ribbink from Brockville Tikis Jr. B (CCHL2)

Wasn't Cole Peck with OWGK?

ValleyDivisionFan

Jan 24, 2016
Glad to see there is finally some interest in the CCHL2 subject I was getting kind of lonely posting in here. What are the big games or people to watch coming up? Also next weekend is the Showcase weekend I see on their schedule.

Some players to watch in the valley...

Renfrew - Andrew McIntyre: 18 y/o had 32 points in 40 games as a rookie last season. Currently has 10 points in 3 preseason games.

Renfrew - Jeremy Bibeau: 18 y/o rookie goaltender has good size and appears to have taken the starters role out of camp. Went 3-0 in preseason.

Arnprior - Jacob Steege: Another 18 y/o returning player who plays a solid defensive game and can contribute offensively. Look for him to log big minutes on a young Arnprior D this season.

Last edited:

Hockeycaper

Feb 25, 2016
Some players to watch in the valley...

Renfrew - Andrew McIntyre: 18 y/o had 32 points in 40 games as a rookie last season. Currently has 10 points in 3 preseason games.

Renfrew - Jeremy Bibeau: 18 y/o rookie goaltender has good size and appears to have taken the starters role out of camp. Went 3-0 in preseason.

Arnprior - Jacob Steege: Another 18 y/o returning player who plays a solid defensive game and can contribute offensively. Look for him to log big minutes on a young Arnprior D this season.

Thanks for the heads up, I will keep an eye on those players.

Hockeycaper

Feb 25, 2016
Was at the Arnprior/OWGK game. Both teams looked solid. Matt Connolly is going to tear up the league this season IMO.

Great, a friend of mine was at that game and said the score did not reflect the actual game play. Lots of chances for both sides. He also said he paid admission at the gate??? Seems wierd for pre season games to charge? Can you confirm ?

Hockeycaper

Feb 25, 2016
I'm gonna drive down to catch the game tonight in Arnprior, I will post a very basic review tomorrow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad