Cchl2. 2016/2017

Bobby Clarke

Sep 11, 2014
Now they have taken the 21 year olds out of the league. And the CCHL teams want there 16 and 17 year olds to play U18. What is left for talent, i agree they had to shrink the league but they have went to far. Attendance will drop even more and kids will pay even more.

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
I strongly doubt any 21 year olds were paying to play .....opens up a couple of spots for players that will be paying......from a fans perspective it sucks .

Stittsvillain

Nov 3, 2012
Now they have taken the 21 year olds out of the league. And the CCHL teams want there 16 and 17 year olds to play U18. What is left for talent, i agree they had to shrink the league but they have went to far. Attendance will drop even more and kids will pay even more.

Driving up the costs is the goal. The kids are programmed to pay 5K+ in U18, they don't want them to get in the bad habit of paying anything less in the CC2. Might make them reluctant to start cutting the big cheques again when a spot opens up at the end of a CC1 bench.

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
We need to grow the Jr C loop for the kids and the communities.

Get a JR C team in Stittsille.
Open the upstairs area as a bar during games

Play Friday nights, and you will actually have attendance.

Just like the Lasers did in the old days out of Jack Charron.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
I'd rather watch jr b over jr a. Talent isn't as high but you'll see a lot more locals compared to kids coming from anywhere and everywhere. Not a fan of all the changes being made though.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
They took a good league that could have worked with some tweaking and ruined it.

The jr b had major issues not sure if I would say it was a good league now as for tweaking part of that would weed out the weak teams point is if they just did tweaking my guess is it would be a 6-8 team league.

Sidekick

Mar 20, 2013
The jr b had major issues not sure if I would say it was a good league now as for tweaking part of that would weed out the weak teams point is if they just did tweaking my guess is it would be a 6-8 team league.

What were the major issues in your mind?

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
What were the major issues in your mind?

The issue was 16 year olds. They should not have been in the league but the city teams figured out they could charge them $4K to play so they loaded up, two on every team and before they stopped trading of cards it was 3-4 on the city teams.

So the CCHL fixed it, by getting rid of 21 year olds to make room for more 16 year olds who will pay. :shakehead

Bobby Clarke

Sep 11, 2014
So what 16 year Olds will play...was a few this year. Arnprior had one or two that will play jra next year ...I bet there wasn't 12 in the whole league..just saying

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
So what 16 year Olds will play...was a few this year. Arnprior had one or two that will play jra next year ...I bet there wasn't 12 in the whole league..just saying

I say it's more than 12, but not the full 32 it could be..But, the number of 17 year olds is really large and surprised me...

If there is an easy way to look at the league roster by birth year maybe someone can give the real number...

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Blackburn is joining the jr c league if things go well attendance etc I could see them trying to get a CCHL 2 team down the road.

Sidekick

Mar 20, 2013
Blackburn is joining the jr c league if things go well attendance etc I could see them trying to get a CCHL 2 team down the road.

Would that be better? Less local players, team controlled by ppl who have other things with more priority? ...Just saying, if I'm a new team owner, I want a Jr.C team over a CCHL2 team.

...knowing what we know now, I wonder how many current CCHL2 teams would like a do-over from Feb. 2015 when they got asked by KA to

"You are required to reply via e-mail by February 10th at noon to answer:

1-I am prepared to commit payment of a maximum of $2500 per year for the next 3 years as a condition of membership in the CCHL2 for the purpose of compensating teams wishing to accept options involving payment for contraction of membership.

2-I am not prepared to commit such payment as outlined in 1 and hereby remove my team from the application process and request a refund of the $2,000 deposit.

3-I am interested in pursuing non-CCHL2 options as listed above and have made the first contact to commence the process."

...then he went on vacation for the week leading up to deadline.

ex coach

Sep 16, 2016
So we have Casselman and Richmond-we saw half of that here but Richmond is a surprise. People all believe Casselman is there because they buy the best team-why is Richmond there? What have they done better than the rest? What are your thoughts?

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Would that be better? Less local players, team controlled by ppl who have other things with more priority? ...Just saying, if I'm a new team owner, I want a Jr.C team over a CCHL2 team.

...knowing what we know now, I wonder how many current CCHL2 teams would like a do-over from Feb. 2015 when they got asked by KA to

"You are required to reply via e-mail by February 10th at noon to answer:

1-I am prepared to commit payment of a maximum of $2500 per year for the next 3 years as a condition of membership in the CCHL2 for the purpose of compensating teams wishing to accept options involving payment for contraction of membership.

2-I am not prepared to commit such payment as outlined in 1 and hereby remove my team from the application process and request a refund of the $2,000 deposit.

3-I am interested in pursuing non-CCHL2 options as listed above and have made the first contact to commence the process."

...then he went on vacation for the week leading up to deadline.

Before the CCHL2 was announced there was chatter the city teams wanted to leave and create there own league so what things be any different not sure if they would be.

SimplyaFan

Jul 23, 2012
So we have Casselman and Richmond-we saw half of that here but Richmond is a surprise. People all believe Casselman is there because they buy the best team-why is Richmond there? What have they done better than the rest? What are your thoughts?

Richmond/Stittsville shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. They have been in the mix of the things for the last few years and they have a core group there who actually want to be part of the team and enjoy being around one another. Don't quit attitude, veteran leadership/example, youthful energy and high team morale... No big secret to success.

ex coach

Sep 16, 2016
Richmond/Stittsville shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. They have been in the mix of the things for the last few years and they have a core group there who actually want to be part of the team and enjoy being around one another. Don't quit attitude, veteran leadership/example, youthful energy and high team morale... No big secret to success.
That will do it!

Godin22

Mar 6, 2017
New GM, New Coach for New Whitewater Team

As per the Pembroke Lumber Kings Facebook page, they have named their new GM and their new coach for the newly acquired (and yet to be named) team that will play out of the Whitewater Region.

Here is the news release that names Kevin Ready as the new GM and Daryl Faught as the new coach:

"Dale McTavish, owner of the recently relocated Whitewater franchise in the CCHL 2, and Owner/Head Coach/GM of the Pembroke Lumber Kings is pleased to announce that Kevin Ready will serve as General Manager of the Cobden Junior B franchise. Ready, an Ottawa Valley native has been heavily involved in hockey in the Valley for a number of years, most recently with the Upper Ottawa Valley Midget AA Aces from 2012-2015. Prior to that Ready coached for a number of years in Boucherville, Quebec. Ready also served previously as GM of the PLK 1995-1999 and was an Eastern Ontario scout for the Belleville Bulls of the OHL from 1997-2000

In his first move as GM, Ready has secured the coaching services of Daryl Faught for the head coaching position with the new Whitewater squad. Faught is a Cobden native with an extensive coaching background having enjoyed success at many levels, most particularly shining in player development within the Muskrat Minor hockey program for several decades. Faught also has impressive records with coaching stints with the Ottawa Valley Titans AAA program and served as head coach at the Junior B level with Shawville from 2002-2004. Most recently, Faught has turned his attention to the Upper Ottawa Valley Aces AA program where he enjoyed unprecedented success, winning League championships in 2010, 2014 and 2015 and during the 2010 season, his midget AA team was named best in Ontario.

More details will be forthcoming regarding the new CCHL 2 team in the upcoming weeks once final arrangements are confirmed with the municipality."

Interesting hires that seem to have a solid background in both minor hockey and the Ottawa Valley. I'll be really interested to see what the team will actually be called too. I'd rather see it as its own unique logo and name and not some extension of the "Kings" brand, but I feel like doing that would be the easiest way to go given how quickly they need to get this team put together.

eyeinthesky

Nov 10, 2014
Imo not right

And did Perth do it again... buying the roster players of both defunct teams Prescott and Clarence

I don't think you can do that in just about any league.this is Jr b.not sure it's in the best interest of the league.if I was running the league I would vote "NO".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad