Cchl2. 2016/2017

BFD

Jan 14, 2013
Hockey Tape. Does anyone know how much it cost now a days. Apparently it must be crazy expensive because $4800 in team fees doesn't get you any with one CCHL2 team. This team is all about the money. Its show me the money and you can play for us.. Just a Joke.

ex coach

Sep 16, 2016
do you mean how much does it cost to play? My son was traded and one team was calculating by years experience and age so it was $2100 but the new team charges all the same at $3300
So depends on team.

No Skin in the Game

Sep 15, 2015
do you mean how much does it cost to play? My son was traded and one team was calculating by years experience and age so it was $2100 but the new team charges all the same at $3300
So depends on team.

Did you have to pay the difference? Do you happen to know what happens to player fees if the player is released part way through the season?

ex coach

Sep 16, 2016
it was at the beginning of the season so the one team ripped up our cheque and we paid the new team

I have wondered what happens to kids are released-dont want to find out!

scribeEOJHL

Jan 19, 2015
How cheap can this owner (his rink is located between Athens and Prescott) really be? No tape for the players' sticks and shin pads? Times must be really tough. Beware of false promises when you sign and pay megabucks with this team. Is this the image the CCHL2 wants to portray to Jr. A prospects coming up from U18?

Hockeycaper

Feb 25, 2016
Anyone out there watching games? Perth looks unstoppable and Casselman seems to have hit a bump in the road??

Bobby Clarke

Sep 11, 2014
trades

With Dec roster deadline coming up will the bottom teams be unloading there older players. Or any CCHL teams be sending kids down.

Hockeycaper

Feb 25, 2016
With Dec roster deadline coming up will the bottom teams be unloading there older players. Or any CCHL teams be sending kids down.

I think we will see very little movement from the top teams. Perhaps a player or two at the most to Tweek their line up.
The bottom teams may make some changes to younger players to get them some experience.....especially if they have no chance at all of getting a playoff spot.

ex coach

Sep 16, 2016
not sure about that-I hear Casselman has been very active on the phones and looking to improve their roster

Big Bear

Oct 28, 2012
not sure about that-I hear Casselman has been very active on the phones and looking to improve their roster

I have heard the same about Casselman and a few others ( Arnprior, Richmond, Athens) I have also heard that the others with less activity is Renfrew, Prescott, Brockville, Perth, Westport, Ottawa Canadians.
Any thoughts on who might be doing what? or a shopping list?

ValleyDivisionFan

Jan 24, 2016
I have heard the same about Casselman and a few others ( Arnprior, Richmond, Athens) I have also heard that the others with less activity is Renfrew, Prescott, Brockville, Perth, Westport, Ottawa Canadians.
Any thoughts on who might be doing what? or a shopping list?

Wouldn't be surprised if Arnprior goes after a veteran defenceman as they only have 6 D on their active roster including 4 rookies. Will likely look to add another skilled forward as well.

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
What is going on

For all the chatter on these boards about thew outlaw league being a joke, maybe some attention needs to be turned this way.

Prescott only ices 12 skaters in a two hour long Jr game, not surprisingly they lose by a touchdown, 12-4 actually.

Saturday Renfrew only had 13 skaters...what is going on.

BFD

Jan 14, 2013
Another question to ask about trades are. Why do the Tikis trade good players away and get nothing in return? Is it because this owner says show me the money. When will people start to see he doesn't care about that team. It's how much money can I get out of these people to help my CCHL team or my pocket. Feeds people with a bunch of bull. This is what you will get, we have a bus for road trips. Wait we don't use it for the Tikis only the Braves. Would you like some tape? Canadian Tire is around the corner. I could go on but I think you get the point. Maybe the commissioner of this big empire that has been built needs to look into some of this stuff before more good people get screwed out of their money.

ex coach

Sep 16, 2016
I heard the Brockville owner was very up front and told his JrB team exactly why they were there-to pay for his JrA team. Their coach has done a great job to make them competitive in that atmosphere. Too bad too because it used to be one of the classiest places in the league-a real fun team to be part of.

ex coach

Sep 16, 2016
Boyd is a Dman that Tikis put up front-looks like they had an agenda for him too as he got in a fight and had several penalties in Westport game.

Bobby Clarke

Sep 11, 2014
Moves are happening. Why does Arnprior trade for a player just to move him again. Renfrew should move some older kids asap get anything in return. Cassleman will not sit still. It's the kind of year that any of the 5 top teams could win if they get hot.

ex coach

Sep 16, 2016
Was wondering about that flip too. Maybe Brockville wouldnt deal with Prescott and Arnprior picks up the cash. It is the teams with money in the bank that are getting these deals done, the teams without are watching it happen.

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
Another question to ask about trades are. Why do the Tikis trade good players away and get nothing in return? Is it because this owner says show me the money. When will people start to see he doesn't care about that team. It's how much money can I get out of these people to help my CCHL team or my pocket. Feeds people with a bunch of bull. This is what you will get, we have a bus for road trips. Wait we don't use it for the Tikis only the Braves. Would you like some tape? Canadian Tire is around the corner. I could go on but I think you get the point. Maybe the commissioner of this big empire that has been built needs to look into some of this stuff before more good people get screwed out of their money.

Yes, should send spies to Brockville to check this all out.

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
Moves are happening. Why does Arnprior trade for a player just to move him again. Renfrew should move some older kids asap get anything in return. Cassleman will not sit still. It's the kind of year that any of the 5 top teams could win if they get hot.

I don't think Arnprior needed another defenseman. I think the sole purpose of taking one was because if they wanted Baressi they had to take Boyd as part of the package. Prescott being short on players due to suspensions etc needed a body so Arnprior may have already been in talks about sending them someone and voila.

ValleyDivisionFan

Jan 24, 2016
Renfrew - Perth

Perth acquires Dallas Farr, Corey Chaplin, Andrew McIntyre, and Jerim Ryan from Renfrew in exchange for Chad Moore and Cameron Scissons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad