Cchl2. 2016/2017

ValleyDivisionFan

Jan 24, 2016
Great, a friend of mine was at that game and said the score did not reflect the actual game play. Lots of chances for both sides. He also said he paid admission at the gate??? Seems wierd for pre season games to charge? Can you confirm ?

Have been to three preseason games this year (In Richmond, Arnprior, and Ottawa West) and can say for certain that the first 2 did not charge admission. Did not pay admission at the Barbara Ann because they did not appear to be charging.

Last edited:

pucksly

Nov 3, 2010
So now that the season is officially underway does anyone have any thoughts or comments? Who is standing out and who is under-performing? Are any line combinations making a big difference to any teams? Any predictions?

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
So now that the season is officially underway does anyone have any thoughts or comments? Who is standing out and who is under-performing? Are any line combinations making a big difference to any teams? Any predictions?

1 week in. Way too early. League will be more competitive as a whole is my only prediction.

pucksly

Nov 3, 2010
1 week in. Way too early. League will be more competitive as a whole is my only prediction.

Well I predict that Casselman and Perth will be the two teams to beat again this year (deep pockets). I also predict the Canadians will remain in the basement again this season and will never move up until there is a coaching change (unlikely to happen).

Hockeycaper

Feb 25, 2016

Seeing that I focus on the Weat end teams. I've really liked Richardson and Hicks from Arnprior. Also Fulton from Renfrew. Richardson and Hicks are both rookies getting prime ice time and producing, check out their points. As for Fulton from Renfrew big kid, moves the puck well and smooth skater. All three played U18 last year I believe. Let's see if they can keep this pace for points. Renfrew and Arnprior play tomorrow bight(Tues). Makes it a short walk to the rink.

HEOooo

Sep 13, 2016
How many 2000s managed to crack some CCHL2 rosters?
Thoughts on them? Any surprises?

play hard

Apr 13, 2014
I'm was just looking at the game sheet for Alexandria vs Canadians game tonight and see that one player from each team is suspended for the game. Liam Namieskowski had a "travesty of the game" along with fighting and hitting from behind. For Alexandria, M Balaton is suspended for spitting as well as Head contact. What the hell is going on? Does anyone know what the travesty of the game penalty was for?

ValleyDivisionFan

Jan 24, 2016
I'm was just looking at the game sheet for Alexandria vs Canadians game tonight and see that one player from each team is suspended for the game. Liam Namieskowski had a "travesty of the game" along with fighting and hitting from behind. For Alexandria, M Balaton is suspended for spitting as well as Head contact. What the hell is going on? Does anyone know what the travesty of the game penalty was for?

Jonathan Ready for the Packers is also out tonight from two head contact penalties he took against Richmond.

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
'99 born Nick Quade looked very sharp in the Arnprior net lastnight. Not bad for a kid who played Rep B last season. Packers were without Ready and Monk but still seemed to handle Renfrew who did not look that great... I fear what will happen when the Wolves play Perth...Richmond...Casselman...Ottawa West.

No Skin in the Game

Sep 15, 2015
'99 born Nick Quade looked very sharp in the Arnprior net lastnight. Not bad for a kid who played Rep B last season. Packers were without Ready and Monk but still seemed to handle Renfrew who did not look that great... I fear what will happen when the Wolves play Perth...Richmond...Casselman...Ottawa West.

Where did Quade play last year, I don't remember him from Rep B last year.....

ValleyDivisionFan

Jan 24, 2016

Noticed that Renfrew only plays Casselman and Alexandria once this year, on Nov 18 in Renfrew and Oct 1 in Alexandria, respectively. Anybody know why they only play these team once?

Last edited:

play hard

Apr 13, 2014
Noticed that Renfrew only plays Casselman and Alexandria once this year, on Nov 18 in Renfrew and Oct 1 in Alexandria, respectively. Anybody know why they only play these team once?

I imagine Renfrew won't be complaining about only playing Casselman once. They have been losing by big scores and Casselman could have a field day!

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
Tomorrow night predictions?

Renfrew @ Perth
Richmond @ Westport
Clarence @ Alexandria
Char-Lan @ Winchester

Last edited:

ValleyDivisionFan

Jan 24, 2016
Packers win 4th in a row, scoring 5+ goals in each of the wins.

Tomorrow night predictions?

Renfrew @ Perth
Richmond @ Westport
Clarence @ Alexandria
Char-Lan @ Winchester

The way Renfrew has been playing as of late, Perth should roll over them no problem.

A well rested Royals team should beat a Westport squad that will be playing their 3rd game in 4 nights.

Hockeycaper

Feb 25, 2016
Checking the scores and stats, looks like it was a tough night for Renfrew and Richmond.
I hope Renfrew can find a way to get a couple wins. If not its gonna be a very long season for those guys.
Did anyone attend either game?

ValleyDivisionFan

Jan 24, 2016
Mike and Jesse Riopelle have stepped down as the Wolves coaches following their 7-1 loss to Richmond, according to the Wolves Twitter account.

Last edited:

Big Bear

Oct 28, 2012
Any updates on new coaching staff?

Thus far the new coaching staff is the president and a buddy of his, both have kids on the team and unfortunately for the presidents son (that doesn't belong) they continue to get embarrassed worse then before. The first game they coached Renfrew got trashed by Alexandria 12-2 and didn't fair much better by a much improved Brockville team 8-5. There has been rumors swirling (hockey circles) that at least 6 players missing from Brockville game and 4 have requested trades. Can anybody confirm or deny these rumors? Also I am just wondering if Renfrew can be called the Gloucester Rangers of the CCHL2 (Jennings era) ?
If this continues it will be a very LONG year in the Valley

upinarms

Jul 16, 2010
Thus far the new coaching staff is the president and a buddy of his, both have kids on the team and unfortunately for the presidents son (that doesn't belong) they continue to get embarrassed worse then before. The first game they coached Renfrew got trashed by Alexandria 12-2 and didn't fair much better by a much improved Brockville team 8-5. There has been rumors swirling (hockey circles) that at least 6 players missing from Brockville game and 4 have requested trades. Can anybody confirm or deny these rumors? Also I am just wondering if Renfrew can be called the Gloucester Rangers of the CCHL2 (Jennings era) ?
If this continues it will be a very LONG year in the Valley

If this is true that players are wanting out, you can be sure Perth and Westport will be all over it. This is how they built teams last season. :nod:

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
Hopefully those players find a place to play. Hard to keep a kid out of hockey. Renfrew should have done their homework.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad