CCHL 2016/2017 Season

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
Does anyone know what is the max a team can charge a player to play in the CCHL, CCHL2 and the U18.

http://pointstreaksites.com/view/heomidget/home-1/for-parents-1/cost-to-play-1

Above is link for u18 and only additional cost would be equipment package where price is not listed

Below is CCHL standard players agreement

http://pointstreaksites.com/files/uploaded_documents/2113/NEW_2016-17_SPA.docx

Sorry can't find any CCHL2 links but sure someone else can help with that

Last edited:

ValleyDivisionFan

Jan 24, 2016
Noticed Jared Steege played yesterday for Pembroke. Will he stay there or end up back in Arnprior with his brother? Would definitely make either team better. Thoughts?

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
If a kid is "signed" does that mean they will be on the roster or just that that team has their rights?

Just means they are part of the active roster which I believe is 23 players. If it is a 16 year old then I believe there is a minimum number of games they have to be dressed. Lalonde from Pembroke stayed with Jr.A until January then back to u18 when final rosters had to be trimmed but he still played up as an affiliate.

If you were drafted then they have your rights anyways.

Maybe Jason Clarke or someone else will respond to verify what I said.

No Skin in the Game

Sep 15, 2015
Easternfan; If you were drafted then they have your rights anyways. Maybe Jason Clarke or someone else will respond to verify what I said.[/QUOTE said:
I didn't know that CCHL2 had a draft....shows how much I know! Looking forward to seeing some of my sons friends take a step up to Junior this year!

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
I didn't know that CCHL2 had a draft....shows how much I know! Looking forward to seeing some of my sons friends take a step up to Junior this year!

No, there is no CCHL2 draft. Now with new agreements , drafted kids stay under the CCHL umbrella by playing CCHL, CCHL2 or u18. Not sure what would happen if a kid tried out for a CCHL2 team nearby compared to the one affiliated with CCHL club?

BFD

Jan 14, 2013
Does anyone know what it is going to cost to get in the BSP for this big showcase weekend.

Hockeycaper

Feb 25, 2016
Does anyone know what it is going to cost to get in the BSP for this big showcase weekend.

Not sure on this but a friend attended Arnprior vs Ott.WGK last night and Paid 10 bucks for him and 4 for his kid. .Better bring the visa

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
Labour Day Showcase Admission Prices

I believe the cost last year was $20 per day. However, the cost could be inflated with all of CCHL, CCHL2 & U18 teams playing this upcoming weekend.

The CCHL website under the link Events/Labour Day Showcase states, "STAY TUNED! MORE TO COME". And no info on the league's Twitter account.

Nor do I remember debit or credit cards being accepted.

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
No, there is no CCHL2 draft. Now with new agreements , drafted kids stay under the CCHL umbrella by playing CCHL, CCHL2 or u18. Not sure what would happen if a kid tried out for a CCHL2 team nearby compared to the one affiliated with CCHL club?

Good question ...in regards to playing rights ...let's hypothetically say there is a 17 year old from Perth playing u18 drafted by SFB ......is his cchl2 playing rights in Perh or Westport due to SF / Westport connection/ ownership...

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
Good question ...in regards to playing rights ...let's hypothetically say there is a 17 year old from Perth playing u18 drafted by SFB ......is his cchl2 playing rights in Perh or Westport due to SF / Westport connection/ ownership...

In the old days Jr B had a 20 mile/KM radius from the rink. If a player was inside that and closer to the rink that is the Jr B team that owned his rights. So if the player lived in Perth he would live closer to the Perth rink then Westport so he should belong to Perth.
Having said that if SF really wanted him to play in Westport they could pressure the player and parents to go to Westport.
But that would never happen. Would it?

Sensbethebest

Jun 29, 2016
Ottawa
Canadian born CCHL draft picks players on the USHL 30-man Rosters & Affiliate List

Quinn Wichers, Kemptville 73s, CCHL, D, CAN, 8/19/97
Owen Guy, Kemptville 73's, F, CAN, 1/5/98
Ryan O'Connell, St. Andrew's College HS, D, CAN, 4/24/99
Cale List, Pembroke, D, CAN, 8/8/98
Cam Crotty, Brockville Braves, D, CAN, 5/5/99
Brett Murray, Carleton Place Canadiens, CCHL, F, CAN., 7/20/98

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
Player Movements

A couple player movements not yet posted on the CCHL Pointstreak

Toronto Patriots*trade*Blaser, Logan (D) to Brockville
Markham*acquire*Cuffley, Jacob (D) from Brockville
Kingston* acquire*Garlasco, Hunter (F) from Nepean
Trenton*acquire*Tonkovich, Austin (F) from Brockville
Source: OJHL Pointstreak

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
Access to Bell Sensplex

City of Ottawa’s Construction Report lists as closed -Maple Grove Road between Terry Fox Drive and Silver Seven Road which is on the east side of the Bell Sensplex. Usually one would get off Hwy 417, south on Terry Fox to Maple Grove.
https://app06.ottawa.ca/cgi-bin/trafficreport/report_search.pl?lang=en

Additionally, Terry Fox Drive between Maple Grove Road and Katimavik Road*is reduced lanes though was to return to normal at end of business on this day, Sept. 2.

What alternatives are there to access the arena? Huntmar and then east on Maple Grove Rd?

Suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

Sensbethebest

Jun 29, 2016
Ottawa
City of Ottawa’s Construction Report lists as closed -Maple Grove Road between Terry Fox Drive and Silver Seven Road which is on the east side of the Bell Sensplex. Usually one would get off Hwy 417, south on Terry Fox to Maple Grove.
https://app06.ottawa.ca/cgi-bin/trafficreport/report_search.pl?lang=en

Additionally, Terry Fox Drive between Maple Grove Road and Katimavik Road*is reduced lanes though was to return to normal at end of business on this day, Sept. 2.

What alternatives are there to access the arena? Huntmar and then east on Maple Grove Rd?

Suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

get off 417 at Terry Fox. Head South and right on Palladium, then turn at next left on Silver Seven, then right at Maple Grove. If that doesn't work keep going down Palladium to Huntmar (left on Huntmar), then left on Maple grove to come at the sensplex from the west

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
Is it true that Paul Jennings is no longer head coach of the Rangers?

Paul Jennings does not have his HP1 so he cannot be the coach.
The PW coach from UCC is helping out till PJ gets his act together. This will most likely not happen considering the has owned the Rangers for some time now and have they ever made the play-offs under his watch?
The executive of the CCHL should take over the running of this troubled franchise.

stickhandle

Jul 4, 2007
After quick count of rosters some numbers to kick around, about 40 % local players, 5 teams with 29% local players, only 3 teams with more than 50% local players
Average of 9 locals per team which is a little less than 2 players per age group per team

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
Kemptville

It looks like Mathew Titus from Kemptville 73's (and OV Titans AAA) has spot on this OHL Club, the Mississauga Steelheads. Great news for Kemptville and Mathew.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
It looks like Mathew Titus from Kemptville 73's (and OV Titans AAA) has spot on this OHL Club, the Mississauga Steelheads. Great news for Kemptville and Mathew.
Great news for this player.
How many years OEMHL AAA before he was drafted OHL? Played Tier II 1 year then signs OHL. Did the Kemptville team keep the development money from his OHL team or did they share that with the organization that he developed into the talent he became to play CCHL then move onto OHL.?

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
Is it true that Paul Jennings is no longer head coach of the Rangers?

What is the word on the street? Has the league done the right thing and asked Jennings to go away. Let's hope so. Next step Kanata.

Last edited:

Sensbethebest

Jun 29, 2016
Ottawa
Great news for this player.
How many years OEMHL AAA before he was drafted OHL? Played Tier II 1 year then signs OHL. Did the Kemptville team keep the development money from his OHL team or did they share that with the organization that he developed into the talent he became to play CCHL then move onto OHL.?

I have no idea what you are referring to with Did the Kemptville team keep the development money from his OHL team or did they share that with the organization that he developed into the talent he became to play CCHL then move onto OHL.
No he would have gone to camp last year and been sent back (no money changes hands). He plays for Kemptville and goes to camp this year and signs. Not to complicated. If he had signed last year and the OHL team sent him back and arranged for some training etc then that is contingent on signing first and not before.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015

Why would you thank Kemptville?
Thank the player and his talent. He got this chance and Mississauga drafted him out of Minor Midget AAA before he played a game in Kemptville.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad