CCHL 2016/2017 Season

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
Ottawa Jr. Sens

Ottawa Jr. Sens have three news articles of signed players.

One is the signing of Nicolas Samson who has played in the Quebec Jr. A league & for a couple of games with Gloucester. In the 2nd article, four players were signed and the same article notes the trading of Marcus Paulino to Georgetown. One of these signed players is Cole Ceci, younger brother of a NHL Ottawa Senator. The 3rd article advised of the signing of a prep school player, Teddy Simson.

E. Lindquist shows as committed to Plattsburgh State for this upcoming season.

From Pointstreak, H. Gunski was traded to the OJHL Wellinton Dukes. The Jr. Sens added from Gloucester J. Kendrick & D Walsh, both forwards.

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
Brocville Braves

Braves have announced two player signings as reported in the Brockville Recorder & Times D. Rinaldo & C. Quinn, both from the Tier 1 Elite Pittsburgh Penguins.

The Braves added a new coach, C. Birkas.

Last edited:

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
Coaching Changes

As above, D. Traylen relinquished part of his dual roles hiring Colin Birkas as the Braves new coach.

The Bears have added a new goalie coach, Tom Dempsey.

Kanata’s GM Adam Gibson has hired Jeff Jordan as the new head coach plus Matt Ward as Director of Player Personnel.

Pat Malloy has left the Pembroke Lumber Kings & S. Crozier is the new head coach.

HockeyVolunteer

Jan 8, 2016
Ottawa also signed Paul Vella (GLO) for a PDF then traded him to KAN for Bryce Biller and a PDF. Also heard Mahis-Beaudry (GLO) traded to Pembroke

JackalsKnuckles

Jun 18, 2007
Just throwing this out there- Does anyone have a Brockville Braves logo puck they want to sell? Went to a game there last winter and have been to a 5 or so other CCHL barns, but no pucks available in Brockville when I went. I'd be happy to pay via paypal and cover cost of the puck plus shipping. I think they played with blanks this season but hopefully they had logo pucks in the past.

Thanks

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
NHL Draft

Best of luck to Owen Grant, Brett Murray and Colton Point in this weekend's NHL draft. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone but these seem to be the names I see ranked and tweeted about last season.

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
Neil Doef- E J McGuire Award Winner

The NHL is set to honour Neil Doef for his perseverance. He is to be awarded the E.J. McGuire Award of Excellence. This Award is “is given to the candidate who best exemplifies the commitment to excellence through strength of character, competitiveness and athleticism.â€

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
More Signings

CP Canadians
In the trade that sent W. LeNeave to Nanaimo, the Canadians received Troy MacTavish in return.

Cumberland Grads
Two signings by the Grads. '97 forward Logan Clarke who previously played for Holderness School (USHS) & Goaltender Shaun Durocher, from Eden Prairie HS Minnesota.

Nepean Raiders
Remi Selerier signs with the Nepean Raiders. Last year he played with the Connecticut Wolf Pack U18.

Brockville Braves
As reported in the Brockville Recorder & Times, the Braves have added Devin Moore who last played at Phillips Exeter Academy.

Last edited:

Bossman

Oct 1, 2015

hky01

Jan 5, 2016
Jacob Smith played for the U18 team... so one.

But the league is still 65% imports so U18 makes little difference other than revenue.

Clarke74

May 7, 2015
Jacob Smith played for the U18 team... so one.

But the league is still 65% imports so U18 makes little difference other than revenue.

Make a statement like that in September when the season starts NOT in June....you have no clue who any team has signed

hky01

Jan 5, 2016
You're right I don't know who teams have signed, I'm hopeful you will see more local talent in the CCHL as a result of U18

Johnny 2K8

Oct 23, 2008
A few other teams are doing the same thing. I don't know how they get away with it. I wonder how many parents are willing to pay the $3000. It also looks like a loophole to recruit players to come play in the U 18 league.

It's all about the money now. And you wonder why attendance is down everywhere in the league...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad