CCHL 2016/2017 Season

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
I'm just wondering if the CCHL is considering leaving Pointstreak and going to some other scoring site.

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
Schedule

I'm just wondering if the CCHL is considering leaving Pointstreak and going to some other scoring site.

On the CCHL website there is a downloadable spreadsheet with the upcoming schedule.
http://centraljuniorhockeyleague.ca/view/centraljuniorhockeyleague
To date, the season’s schedule has not been added to Pointstreak. Additionally, any preseason information has not been posted to Pointsteak, exhibition games, trades, signings, etc.

Possibly your speculation is correct. It is very odd that this close to the regular season this information is not available especially for the scouts the league wants to attract to their Showcases (Jr A & U18) on Labour Day weekend. Many training camps opened this past week, more on this upcoming weekend plus some preseason games are to happen this weekend.

However, the CCHL2 (former Jr. B) Poinstreak website has both pre-season and regular upcoming schedules. Their Showcase happens on the Sept. 9 weekend.
http://cchl_2.stats.pointstreak.com/scoreboard.html?leagueid=2019&seasonid=17081

It is the CCHL (Jr A) & the HEO U18 Pointstreak websites which are inoperative. Even if one goes through the CCHL website, their link to Game Central continues to lead a user to Pointstreak, last year's playoffs.
http://heomgtaaa.stats.pointstreak.com/divisionstandings.html?divisionid=95081&seasonid=15614

HockeyVolunteer

Jan 8, 2016
I'm following this "Jersey" contest that CCHL is running for who has the coolest jersey. Rockland Blue jeseys vs Pembroke Red jerseys in the final.

Having said that, has anyone else noticed that the Rockland white jersey logo looks really similar to the South End Minor Hockey logo?

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
New HockeyTech Program

With the new HockeyTech statistical program, a change that I stumbled over when first reading the Summary box score was number of shots. This new statistical program reports shots at a team as opposed to by a team. However, the Text Box score continues to show Shots on Goal by a team as does the Game Report. Not sure if this a kink that needs to be worked out or rather this is part of the new program style.

Good news is that the full season schedule is now available online. For some teams the specific rink at the arena is identified ( i.e Carleton Place, Nepean Sportsplex) while Kemptville & Smiths Falls are not identified. With Kanata (Renfrew) playing some games not at their home arena, this other rink should be noted similar to Nepean's game in Shawville. Another minor hiccup is the geography page that I'm sure a couple of team will want to be updated shortly.

Whenever, a new program is introduced there are bound to be some issues that need to be addressed and considering the large amount of data involved, this is a good start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad