CCHL 2016/2017 Season

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
As a fan one always hopes that all transactions are being reported on the league's database. As an example, the Braves have had 4 signings and none are on Pointstreak. The local blog site, Around the Rink, provides timely & accurate information on the Braves.

It is still summertime, so I don't think managers are in office too often and I don't blame them because in a few weeks they will live at the arena. I think a lot of transactions are posted first day of games. Yes, I would like to see them myself but seems like every signing is tweeted by respective teams anyways so best bet is just to follow all teams on Twitter.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
It is still summertime, so I don't think managers are in office too often and I don't blame them because in a few weeks they will live at the arena. I think a lot of transactions are posted first day of games. Yes, I would like to see them myself but seems like every signing is tweeted by respective teams anyways so best bet is just to follow all teams on Twitter.

Hockey has no off season now.
The try-outs start next week for some teams.
Some teams inform league about transactions ASAP some do not.
Like all leagues and all things some organizations are better than others.

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007

Everything is on Rinknet but it's not visible to public. The pointstreak stuff gets updated as it comes in to the league administrator.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
Congrats Mr. Clarke

Congrats to Jason Clarke on being named Canada East Jr.A coach and Martin Dagenais assistant coach.

Hockeydad67

May 3, 2014
In the case of Jason Clarke being selected as coach.... I would suggest he got it on his proven track record. That being said there are some criteria that has to be met such as having High Performance Coaching Levels with Hockey Canada, being in good standing with Hockey Canada, etc. But the big thing is he is a proven winner.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
The pre-season kicks-off tonight. If you are able to attend any games, a brief summary would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

ORRT

Jul 7, 2011
Anyone catch the Rangers vs Raiders game last night. 5-4 Raiders from what I heard

Gloucester came out flying. But Nepean did come back later in 3rd. Some good plays and and some not so good. But really early, but some good talent on both sides. Way to early to predict but promising.
And all scores posted on league pointstreak site.

Sensbethebest

Jun 29, 2016
Ottawa
Gloucester came out flying. But Nepean did come back later in 3rd. Some good plays and and some not so good. But really early, but some good talent on both sides. Way to early to predict but promising.
And all scores posted on league pointstreak site.

15 1999's across the two teams.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
I've been noticing for years the early pre-season games have a large number of 16 and 17 year olds. Keep track of these and compare them to the roster that starts the regular season. The number of 16 and 17 year olds will be much smaller.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
I've been noticing for years the early pre-season games have a large number of 16 and 17 year olds. Keep track of these and compare them to the roster that starts the regular season. The number of 16 and 17 year olds will be much smaller.

Billed as a rookie game that's why.

Sensbethebest

Jun 29, 2016
Ottawa
Billed as a rookie game that's why.

Agreed the first 2 games of preseason for some teams are rookie focused. My comment being there is lots of opportunity to show so lots of opportunity for HEO kids to shine. I suspect only 2-3 of the 15 will make it.

Childish Gamsteeno

Jun 24, 2015
Canada
Had the chance to see Kings/Raiders in Pembroke last night. Decent game, 3-2 Raiders, Kings scored the bonus OT goal. A couple flashy plays including one goal where Arseneau just flat out embarrassed McTavish with some of the nicest moves I've seen at this level.. Barnaby and Marinic in particular stood out for the PLK. Overall, it's just nice to have hockey back!

Jr A Fan

Dec 1, 2011
Barnaby and Marinic nothing special, average....but it was their first game, too soon to say they were a standout..

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
73s/Vees

Prior to the preseason game between Kemptville & Kingston, apparently it had been agreed that each team would be dressing a mixture of veterans & rookies. Kemptville did but Kingston did not. However, there were some rookies for the Vees that played very well.

Both goalies, Kidd & Tessier, stopped a number of breakaways, or a barrage of shots. Statistically their save percentage might be on the low side but these players will improve & get better. There will come a game in the near future that an opponent will be stoned by these goalies.

A couple of defencemen were noticed even considering the lopsided scoring - R Mannion & J. Jeffers. B. Butt showed a lot of hustle whenever on the ice.

Expect that the return game in Kingston will be very different.

Childish Gamsteeno

Jun 24, 2015
Canada
Barnaby and Marinic nothing special, average....but it was their first game, too soon to say they were a standout..

Oh yeah, sorry, I should say, it's an extremely "meh" team. I think average is going to be "special" for the PLK this year. No top-end talent after Gilmour.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
The pre-season kicks-off tonight. If you are able to attend any games, a brief summary would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Very hard to comment on games so far because quite a few rookies in the lineups but that needs to be done for coaches to be able to assess players properly. I imagine the last game or two of exhibition will be close to main roster.

I will say the kids that played u18 are not over their heads in CCHL exhibition games but physical development due to age always shows why 16 and some 17 are not physically ready to play full time.

BFD

Jan 14, 2013
Does anyone know what is the max a team can charge a player to play in the CCHL, CCHL2 and the U18.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad