Matt Duchene: 80
Derrick Brassard: 77
Gustav Nyqvist: 77
Tomas Tatar: 73
Patrick Maroon: 72
Michael Grabner: 71
Rick Nash: 66
Tomas Pekanec: 52

It's almost like a player's trade value is dictated by factors other than just points!

Shocking.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Where did Jokinen's name come up in this? It seems pretty clear to me he's speaking of Brendan Leipsic and Tyler Motte no?

That's just the quote I saw about getting faster. So that's my point, no mention of Jokinen.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
While I understand feeling that the return is underwhelming but Motte is functionally a 3rd/4th round pick.

He's reasonably young, an established bottom-6 guy who while smaller can skate and should contribute secondary offense. Has upside. I'd take him over the likely bust that a late 3rd round pick presents.

Nope. He's a 2013 4th round pick that has yet to produce even at the AHL level and is a RFA at the end of next season. AKA waiver fodder.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Again I meant there was no one else looking. Motte is basically a nothing prospect. A 5th could have landed Vanek.
Motte actually played ok in his games here but wasn't playing the style Torts really wanted and we were the youngest team in the league. With our 3 new guys I doubt we are the youngest anymore though. All over 30.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Vanek is better than Nash...great pickup by Cbus.

Nash has question marks imho and im not sure hes a guy i support but vanek has absolutely no question marks and even for this return still sucks

I would hate to waste a playoff roster space on him.

Very very very glad my team isnt the one that landed this prize... good luck columbus, dont wish you ill... but im way happier with nash and im not a nash fan at all

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Nash has question marks imho and im not sure hes a guy i support but vanek has absolutely no question marks and even for this return still sucks

I would hate to waste a playoff roster space on him.

Very very very glad my team isnt the one that landed this prize... good luck columbus, dont wish you ill... but im way happier with nash and im not a nash fan at all

I AM a Nash fan, and considering the prices paid today I'd rather have Vanek. To each their own.

Guy Gadowsky

May 10, 2017
I watched a whole bunch of Tyler Motte Michigan games and god did he ever suck when not leeching off Kyle Connor's jock

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
i.png

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad