Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread XI

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Scott Wheeler has the Jackets with the 3rd best prospects pool in the NHL. Johnson and Jiricek are listed as prospects. Here are his tiers:

1000002987.png

Reactions: Cowumbus

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
For the record, Wheeler said he really wanted to have Brindley ranked third!! :nod: 😄
I do like his write up. I think the group is even deeper when you look in the honorable mentions... I'm quite high on Makarov and Dolzenkhov and still think Ceulemans will be a NHL player. It's his first year of pro after two "lost" years at Wisconsin. Has desireable skills but needs time to see if he has the hockey IQ. He's not even 21 yet. Size, skates well, RHD... I've watched him a few times and he's got work to do but I think he's too low on this list - certainly a nice piece for a trade if they can upgrade the NHL roster core.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
You'll have to remember that Wheeler loves his miniature players. And the Jackets draft last year was very focused on small players. I'm surprised Wheeler didn't find a way to go higher with Luca Pinelli, who I think has little chance of making the NHL.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Any chance he gets the record?

So I saw the mention of Paetsch and thought "um, is that a good thing or a bad thing", decided to look up stats on IHDB for comparison purposes (Paetsch has 292 games for Moose Jaw and Schoneck had 314; Mateychuk currently has 214), and oh my g-d that photograph of Mateychuk...

denton-mateychuk-2024-2330.jpg

Does he stop attackers by just glaring at them until they back down? It wouldn't surprise me. :scared:

EDIT: As for the record... there's 10 games left in the regular season, and he's scoring 1.4 points per game. And Moose Jaw isn't a lock for the playoffs but is in excellent position. I'm going to say it's very doable. (Also, I changed those game totals - forgot to count playoff games.)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cslebn and CBJx614

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I love the thought of an Ivanov-Greaves pairing five years down the road.
So it appears the KHL regular season is over and so is Ivanov's rookie season (shocker...Admiral didn't make the playoffs). Excited to see how he continues to improve next season.

Does anyone know...was he traded to SKA Admiral or was he loaned to them? Would love to see him on a more competitive team.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
So it appears the KHL regular season is over and so is Ivanov's rookie season (shocker...Admiral didn't make the playoffs). Excited to see how he continues to improve next season.

Does anyone know...was he traded to SKA Admiral or was he loaned to them? Would love to see him on a more competitive team.
he was loaned. Eliteprospects is a good site for showing things like that

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
The next josh Dunne

Was about to say, how many undrafted free agent signings has this team had in the last 8-10 years? Not counting 25+ year old guys like Danforth.

Off the top of my head there's been Dunne, Greaves, Christiansen, Blankenburg, Butler, McKown, Lalonde, and Kivlenieks (RIP).

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Was about to say, how many undrafted free agent signings has this team had in the last 8-10 years? Not counting 25+ year old guys like Danforth.

Off the top of my head there's been Dunne, Greaves, Christiansen, Blankenburg, Butler, McKown, Lalonde, and Kivlenieks (RIP).
I think it's great for organizational depth, Cleveland is thriving from it

Reactions: CBJx614

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad