Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread XI

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Brindley just finished off a nice little goal against MINN. His second point of the night.

Beat his man to the spot.

Annnnd he scored again. Snipe. Can’t wait for this guy.

And another assist now.

Also FYI, Brindley has been playing center tonight.

Assist on the OT winner. Down goes Minny.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Brindley just finished off a nice little goal against MINN. His second point of the night.

Beat his man to the spot.

Annnnd he scored again. Snipe. Can’t wait for this guy.

And another assist now.

Also FYI, Brindley has been playing center tonight.

Assist on the OT winner. Down goes Minny.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Got a new one.

Item No. 3: The hit “hunter”

The Blue Jackets signed forward Max McCue to a three-year entry-level deal on Friday, adding a shift disturber to their prospect pool. McCue has had a breakout year in his fourth season with the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League.

“It’s an overage year (in junior) so he should be better,” Blue Jackets assistant general manager Basil McRae said. “He really impressed us early this season, and he’s just continued to do what he’s always done but at a higher level.”

McCue, 21, has 24-27-51 and 97 penalty minutes in 53 games this season. He was drafted by San Jose in the fifth round (No. 136) of the 2021 draft but never signed with the Sharks. He’s been to three NHL training camps: two with San Jose and one with the Rangers this past fall.

The Rangers and McCue had initial talks about signing an AHL contract, but he returned to London, which is atop the OHL standings.

“He’s a bottom-six energy guy,” McRae said. “I don’t want to say he’s a predator, but he’s hunting out there, looking for the big hit. He’s 6-foot-1, but he’s pretty lean (183 pounds) right now. If he puts on some weight … when’s the last time we had a guy who could really hit? Josh Anderson?

“There are a lot of guys on the fourth line who want to hit, but they can’t get there. There are skilled guys who can get there but they turn away from hits. He’s not the most skilled guy, but he does have skill. And he’s always looking for hits.”

McCue could head to AHL Cleveland if London’s OHL playoff run ends in time. At the latest, he’ll turn pro next season and get a shot in Blue Jackets training camp.

“Will he play in the NHL? I don’t know,” McRae said. “But at least he has a calling card, and he has a chance. It’s hard when a player is good to average at everything because you need to be special. The edge that he plays with, that’s his special calling card.”

Reactions: ColumbusTrill

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Guys like Fantilli, Bedard and Carlsson have "graduated"

But it doesn't make sense why KJ is still on the list?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
So. Calvin Thürkauf is currently NL topscorer. As we all know he's also a leader on and off the ice and loves to throw his weight around. Those kind of players are interesting for NHL teams but Thürkauf will become a FA this summer. For those reasons I wonder if the Bluejackets will try to get something out of this by either trying to sign him or by trying to trade his rights. Hard to say but his rights may be worth something for another team because otherwise they'll have to wait for another year and will then have more competition as well.

Thürkauf just missed out on the topscorer title (Marcus Sörensen scored 63) but his 60 points would have been enough in most years. For example, Cervenka "only" scored 59 last season.
Also, Thürkauf was voted MVP by NL Head Coaches and Captains, receiving 20 of 26 votes.

Bluejackets are holding his rights until July 1st so I'm still wondering if his rights might become a throw in on some kind of deadline deal. The problem is that Thürkauf will be FA in July but the deadline for NL players to sign an NHL contract is in mid June. So unless the Bluejackets are willing to sign or deal him, he'll have to wait another year to sign an NHL deal or rely on Lugano's good will to let him go.

I don't know if something is gonna happen at the deadline but it's a possibility.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Am I the only one who has almost no excitement for Max McCue? I have never ever seen him play but have heard him defined as a "headhunter" and "predator". There's a difference between a guy who sticks up for his teammates and another who skates around looking to hurt people.

As for his OHL offensive production, he's a PPG as a 21 year old in a league filled mostly with 16-19 year olds. And when he was an 18-20 year old he provided 3rd line offense. Sounds like the next Nasty Mirasty career ECHL/AHL player.

CBJ...keep it classy.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Am I the only one who has almost no excitement for Max McCue? I have never ever seen him play but have heard him defined as a "headhunter" and "predator". There's a difference between a guy who sticks up for his teammates and another who skates around looking to hurt people.

As for his OHL offensive production, he's a PPG as a 21 year old in a league filled mostly with 16-19 year olds. And when he was an 18-20 year old he provided 3rd line offense. Sounds like the next Nasty Mirasty career ECHL/AHL player.

CBJ...keep it classy.
I think we are just admiring a good fight

Reactions: koteka and Napoli

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

CBJ...keep it classy.
I don’t think you’ll ever see the kid wear CBJ colors other than in preseason and training camp. So I wouldn’t get too bent out of shape about it

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

CBJ...keep it classy.
I'm not sure he'll be an NHL player but Cleveland will love him.

We can keep it classy while also understanding this team needs a bit of snarl to it and not be so soft like they have been the last couple of years. I wish we had a guy other teams could fear and be thrown off their game like Marchand, Wilson, or even that douchenozzle Cousins.

Reactions: CBJx614

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm not sure he'll be an NHL player but Cleveland will love him.

We can keep it classy while also understanding this team needs a bit of snarl to it and not be so soft like they have been the last couple of years. I wish we had a guy other teams could fear and be thrown off their game like Marchand, Wilson, or even that douchenozzle Cousins.
Texier looked like he was shaping up to be able to mess with folks' heads before he was obliged to go on psychological IR; maybe he'll pick it up again someday.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00