Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
'Absolutely freaking out!': Blue Jackets prospect Carson...

Carson Meyer hopes to transfer from Redhawks to Buckeyes:

He had a tapeworm last year leading to many many issues because it was undiagnosed....until...

“I was going to the bathroom, just like normal,” Meyer said. “And it came out.”

It was a 25-inch tapeworm — the head, the neck and all of the segments, about 50 of them. It was orange. Meyer almost fainted.

I read this on Facebook and cracked up. What in the Orange hell?:help:

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
That's absolutely disgusting, but I'm glad it's out of him and all of us (the Meyer family especially) now have something concrete to point to in regards to his terrible season. Hopefully he can win his petition and get to work in Columbus!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He's under contract so no harm no foul. However, if he signs another contract over there, i don't care if its 1 year, I would be done with him if I was the CBJ. Same with Gavrikov if he signs another KHL deal.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
'Absolutely freaking out!': Blue Jackets prospect Carson...

Carson Meyer hopes to transfer from Redhawks to Buckeyes:

He had a tapeworm last year leading to many many issues because it was undiagnosed....until...

“I was going to the bathroom, just like normal,” Meyer said. “And it came out.”

It was a 25-inch tapeworm — the head, the neck and all of the segments, about 50 of them. It was orange. Meyer almost fainted.
I would hereby like to name the tapeworm/parasite "Andrew Precourt".

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
He's under contract so no harm no foul. However, if he signs another contract over there, i don't care if its 1 year, I would be done with him if I was the CBJ. Same with Gavrikov if he signs another KHL deal.

Hes not gonna sign another contract. He has stated multiple times NHL is his ultimate goal.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I believe, since Elvis is on "defected players" list, Cbj holds his rights indefinitely right? So his only enter into NHL is through CBJ.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Interesting, through 14 picks(2017 draft not included) in first 2 rounds during JK era, only Wennberg, Werenski and PLD considered as hits, 11 misses. Yeah...

I went back and reviewed the drafts. Some years there wasn't much available that I could see who would have made big difference. Others where scouting may have made a difference 2014 where Pasternak, Tuch, Fabri, Kappanen and Schmaltz were available in 1st and Ryan Donato & Brayden Point in 2nd and 3rd. 2013 guys we missed include Buchnivich,Duclair & Guentzel in the 3rd and Mantha, Burakovsky & Shea Theodore in the 1st. Of course hindsight is wonderful and I think somewhere along the line some big scouting changes were made but I think the guy has a somewhat valid point. Where have you gone Kerby Rychel & Marko Dano? Jackets Nation turns its lonely eyes to you...

Last edited:

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I went back and reviewed the drafts. Some years there wasn't much available that I could see who would have made big difference. Others where scouting may have made a difference 2014 where Pasternak, Tuch, Fabri, Kappanen and Schmaltz were available in 1st and Ryan Donato & Brayden Point in 2nd and 3rd. 2013 guys we missed include Buchnivich,Duclair & Guentzel in the 3rd and Mantha, Burakovsky & Shea Theodore in the 1st. Of course hindsight is wonderful and I think somewhere along the line some big scouting changes were made but I think the guy has a somewhat valid point. Where have you gone Kerby Rychel & Marko Dano? Jackets Nation turns their lonely eyes to you...
The other one in that twitter thread suggested that we draft wrong type of players in 1st two rounds, not reaching for high end guys, but for servicable/safe bottom liners with size. While in late rounds they are doing better- 5 hits, Bjorky, Elvis, Nuti, Abramov, Gavrikov. So 8 from 29. It's 27%. 3 of whom are just getting avances (Abramov, Gavrikov Elvis) and Milano still being unsure thing.
Rychel and Dano in the 1st round. Peeke, Bittner, Stenlund, Collins and Heatherington in the 2nd round. He considers them as misses already.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I went back and reviewed the drafts. Some years there wasn't much available that I could see who would have made big difference..
You don't think Aho would have made a big difference? He was still avaliable when they picked Carlsson. Big, stay at home, bottom pair defender over small, skilled underweight forward. Same pattern.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
You don't think Aho would have made a big difference? He was still avaliable when they picked Carlsson. Big, stay at home, bottom pair defender over small, skilled underweight forward. Same pattern.

Guess I have been unveiled as a Jackets scout...:laugh:

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018

I do not think you understand Sebastian Aho if your first instinct is to classify him as small, skilled forward when his style of play is special such as Hartnell was and probably still is.

Carlsson had better draft season than Aho who played for a team which sporting director his father was. Of course the Blue Jackets notion of hiring amateurs to coach in the American league based on personal relations might not have helped his future but I wouldn't say it is over yet even if he wasn't one of the best players in the world, comparable to Aho's empire of the mind.

I would say in this department Dzarmo has constantly overslept as he is as Northern American in mind as you can get. For example securing Jussi Parkkila as Bobrovski's goaltending coach (as the one who trained him to into his original Vezina form at SKA while Ian Clark rode Parkkila's coat-tails) had to be the first priority of any off-season. Yet he went to Colorado Avalanche while at that time people were actively blaming Joe Sakic who made an excellent and cheap move to bring in world class talent (Bobrovski, Varlamov and Rask are Parkkila's proteges).

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
The other one in that twitter thread suggested that we draft wrong type of players in 1st two rounds, not reaching for high end guys, but for servicable/safe bottom liners with size. While in late rounds they are doing better- 5 hits, Bjorky, Elvis, Nuti, Abramov, Gavrikov. So 8 from 29. It's 27%. 3 of whom are just getting avances (Abramov, Gavrikov Elvis) and Milano still being unsure thing.
Rychel and Dano in the 1st round. Peeke, Bittner, Stenlund, Collins and Heatherington in the 2nd round. He considers them as misses already.

Then that's not necessarily scouting. That's an organizational method.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Then that's not necessarily scouting. That's an organizational method.
"Blue Jackets type of player" yeah, heard that. Don't remind me, please. :D
Maybe trading Kolesar to pick Tex is a good sign that they are moving in different direction now?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
"Blue Jackets type of player" yeah, heard that. Don't remind me, please. :D
Maybe trading Kolesar to pick Tex is a good sign that they are moving in different direction now?

A bit of an oversimplification. In his very first draft, with his first selection, JK took a modest-sized, skillful, playmaking center over a handful of similarly-ranked players who were either bigger or "heavy"-er or both.

I'm sure people will now want to point out how crappy (get it) that pick was or whatever, but that's a whole other discussion.

Anyway, it happened again with his next first-rounder in 2014. And again in 2015.

So if by "Blue Jackets type of player" you mean highly-skilled, then yeah I guess I see a pattern. I mean, you're certainly not using Kolesar, a third-round pick, to prove your point are you?

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Can you guys give me some insight into Jackets players who made their NHL debut last season? Specifically what type of player they are, if they have an NHL future and what role they project as in the long-term. Thanks!

Eric Robinson
Alex Broadhurst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad