Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
How big is he?? He looks like a beast here size wise I can't remember him look that big. Nice release on that shot too.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
For those interested, CHL games are free to stream live (no replays as far as I can tell) on the CHL website. Click a game in the top navbar, and if it's live, you should be able to stream it.

Three Jackets prospects are playing: Stenlund for HV71, Texier for KalPa and Zaar for Malmo (if anyone cares about Zaar at this point). KalPa and HV71 both play Wednesday, KalPa at noon Eastern and HV at 1 p.m.

Last edited:

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Too bad swiss hockey league doesn't have the same quality higlights, so far those HCLugano videos looks like they were shot on nokia3310. But Elvis is in his usual showtime mode.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I know my CBJ bias shows through in forming opinions of prospects. Plus, I have this belief that NHL draft and develop is a bit of a numbers game.

But I just can't shake this feeling that one of PLD, Bjorkstrand, or Abramov is going to become a big, big deal in this league.

And then I add that one of PLD, Tharkauf, Stenlund, or Texier are going to become one of the Top 10 centers in the league over the next 4-6 years.

I'm very excited about what this franchise can (finally) accomplish.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I know my CBJ bias shows through in forming opinions of prospects. Plus, I have this belief that NHL draft and develop is a bit of a numbers game.

But I just can't shake this feeling that one of PLD, Bjorkstrand, or Abramov is going to become a big, big deal in this league.

And then I add that one of PLD, Tharkauf, Stenlund, or Texier are going to become one of the Top 10 centers in the league over the next 4-6 years.

I'm very excited about what this franchise can (finally) accomplish.

It's just gas.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Stenlund team is playing right now, he just got goal and 2 pim :). Man he's a beast on ice.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I never mentioned Pld, but I think Duchene easily becomes a 70 plus point player here , so if either we're packaged I would be ok with , Duchene is only 25 and a known commodity . Maybe Stenlund progressing like he is , and a center makes front office willing to consider Pld ?

I'm okay with including PLD, but they should get only one of our top prospects. That's why i didn't like the Carlsson + Bjorkstrand rumor. I'd sooner give up Murray or even Jenner than two of the top prospects (PLD, OB, Stenlund, Carlsson, Abramov).

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Stenlund team is playing right now, he just got goal and 2 pim :). Man he's a beast on ice.

Should've had an assist, too. Threaded a pass across the goal in a 3-on-2 rush, but his teammate botched the finish. And the penalty he took was kind of weak.

Most impressive thing about his game today to me was how dominant he was on the boards. He knows how to use his size and he always seems to find a teammate. He's also got great ice vision and reads the play well. I don't think I saw him make one mental mistake with the puck in the two periods I watched.

Biggest issue for me is still his skating. His top-end speed is fine, and he's got good agility for his size, but his acceleration needs work, and he falls down a little too often. Other than that, it's hard to spot a hole in his game.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Should've had an assist, too. Threaded a pass across the goal in a 3-on-2 rush, but his teammate botched the finish. And the penalty he took was kind of weak.

Most impressive thing about his game today to me was how dominant he was on the boards. He knows how to use his size and he always seems to find a teammate. He's also got great ice vision and reads the play well. I don't think I saw him make one mental mistake with the puck in the two periods I watched.

Biggest issue for me is still his skating. His top-end speed is fine, and he's got good agility for his size, but his acceleration needs work, and he falls down a little too often. Other than that, it's hard to spot a hole in his game.

Did you watch him skate much last year to compare it to now? I havent seen him this year yet but I know he's improved in that area a fair bit the last couple years since the knee surgeries

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Did you watch him skate much last year to compare it to now? I havent seen him this year yet but I know he's improved in that area a fair bit the last couple years since the knee surgeries
I've only seen highlight clips of Stenlund over the last couple seasons, so it's hard to really get a handle on whether his skating's improved, but it looks better now than reports indicated when he was drafted.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I'm okay with including PLD, but they should get only one of our top prospects. That's why i didn't like the Carlsson + Bjorkstrand rumor. I'd sooner give up Murray or even Jenner than two of the top prospects (PLD, OB, Stenlund, Carlsson, Abramov).

There is no way I would trade Dubois. Milano is the best prospect I would trade. The only offer I would make is Murray, Milano, and a 2nd. I know that isn't great, but how much do we really need Duchene and who are we competing with to get him? You don't up your offer if you don't have to. If forced, I would maybe change the second to a first or take out Milano and the 2nd and add Bjorkstrand.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Glad to see Bittner back on the ice and looks healthy. Size and speed much like Anderson. I know you all thought I was crazy for voting for him in our rankings but CBJ is very high on him and this is a big year to show them he's figured it out.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
There is no way I would trade Dubois. Milano is the best prospect I would trade. The only offer I would make is Murray, Milano, and a 2nd. I know that isn't great, but how much do we really need Duchene and who are we competing with to get him? You don't up your offer if you don't have to. If forced, I would maybe change the second to a first or take out Milano and the 2nd and add Bjorkstrand.

I suppose we all have different valuations.

I think Bjorkstrand and Dubois are close in value (for the team). And I think they're each worth about double the entire Milano+Murray+2nd package (for the team).

You can make a good argument to me that Bjork and PLD are too good for a Duchene deal, but you can't tell me that Milano+Murray+2nd is the most you'd do for Duchene.

Matt Duchene is a lot better than that, and would do a lot more for this team.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I don't know why people are willing to give away our D depth for Duchene, seriously? Last year we have the same D core as of now, minus Prout/Quinsey. And then what happened when Murray got injured and Nutivaara got injured? Yeah, JK started calling around the world for D help. (Gavrikov and Gabe)

Let's assume Carllson will take that Prout/Quinsey 7d role, and we trade Murray, so what will happen if at least one of our D is injured? Let say JJ. Nutivaara/Carlsson takes his place and third pairing is Carlsson/Nutivaara and godawfull Harrington! If Gavrikov would have signed then yes, Murray is expendable. Right now?.. not so much.

"It’s something we have to consider. If he had signed with us he’s on our team and he would have been one of our seven or eight. Now that he’s not, we’ll have to sort things out differently." Jarmo Kekalainen on what Gavrikov decision means to depth chart. And this is why i believe this- “Was told in late August that 3-4 teams had circled back with #Avs in talks for Duchene, but #CBJ were not then among them.â€

Apologize to The Old Guy for poor english. :)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I don't know why people are willing to give away our D depth for Duchene, seriously? Last year we have the same D core as of now, minus Prout/Quinsey. And then what happened when Murray got injured and Nutivaara got injured? Yeah, JK started calling around the world for D help. (Gavrikov and Gabe)

Let's assume Carllson will take that Prout/Quinsey 7d role, and we trade Murray, so what will happen if at least one of our D is injured? Let say JJ. Nutivaara/Carlsson takes his place and third pairing is Carlsson/Nutivaara and godawfull Harrington! If Gavrikov would have signed then yes, Murray is expendable. Right now?.. not so much.

"It’s something we have to consider. If he had signed with us he’s on our team and he would have been one of our seven or eight. Now that he’s not, we’ll have to sort things out differently." Jarmo Kekalainen on what Gavrikov decision means to depth chart. And this is why i believe this- “Was told in late August that 3-4 teams had circled back with #Avs in talks for Duchene, but #CBJ were not then among them.â€

Apologize to The Old Guy for poor english. :)

I happen to prefer Nuti and Carlsson over Murray and JJ. We're better when the younger two are getting more minutes. Murray and JJ aren't much better than Harrington in my book. And you can add a Quincey later if you need veteran depth at the deadline.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I happen to prefer Nuti and Carlsson over Murray and JJ. We're better when the younger two are getting more minutes. Murray and JJ aren't much better than Harrington in my book. And you can add a Quincey later if you need veteran depth at the deadline.

Still, i don't value Duchene as high as you, i mean even avs fans say, that since his knee injury he's not the same, don't have his speed and lost a step, and plays better on the wing. On top of that he's mentally fragile and a loner. :shakehead

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I suppose we all have different valuations.

I think Bjorkstrand and Dubois are close in value (for the team). And I think they're each worth about double the entire Milano+Murray+2nd package (for the team).

You can make a good argument to me that Bjork and PLD are too good for a Duchene deal, but you can't tell me that Milano+Murray+2nd is the most you'd do for Duchene.

Matt Duchene is a lot better than that, and would do a lot more for this team.

It is the most I would do. It is all about what Duchene's value is right now and who else is making offers for him. The fact is, I think we would be better with him (depending on the trade), but not enough that I am willing to trade one of our best young players/prospects for him.

As for Dubois and Bjorkstrand. My opinion comes from how good I think they both can be if they reach their potential, the position they play, and who we have to replace them if they are traded. Because of that, I value Dubois more than Bjorkstrand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad