GDT: CBJ@Leafs 7PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I know some people think it’s a useless stat but Matthews and nylander are plus 26 and 21! That to me shows they score a lot and they don’t concede many goals against. Especially at such a young age,
These guys are only going to get better with time.
I think +/- is fine to use when it's comparing players on the same team but still not perfect of course. That Matthews line is just so much more capable than any other line we have at 5v5 and I think the +/- enforces that.

Reactions: Johnny Steps

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
The way the Leafs organization treat players is not exactly great.

We have to hope our results outweigh the front offices complete disdain for players.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Out for dinner with the gf tonight. Tips for peeking at the tv by the bar ?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Despite the past struggles with Columbus, at the end of the day, this is a game against a non-playoff team. We're in a situation where due to the schedules and only being 6 points back of Tampa Bay, 1st in the Division (as well as the East) isn't out of the question.

These are games that we need to win, if we want to make that sort of run.

Polak shouldn't be playing. Columbus has the worst powerplay in the league. Polak has been horrendous at 5v5 this season. He somehow brought down Dermott last game.
by one point. its not like their near the basement or anything

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Out for dinner with the gf tonight. Tips for peeking at the tv by the bar ?

One thing I did early into my relationship with my gf (now wife) is create a trend of suggesting a seat to her and grabbing her jacket to hang up, etc. Naturally my seat was facing the tv behind her. After a little while she caught in, but she was in too deep and accepted my addition. Could always call ahead and ask for a reservation with a view of the game lol. I never went that far though. Alternatively you could have the NHL app installed on your phone, turn off the volume and place on your lap. Bonus if you have a rogers login to watch live and the restaurant has wi-fi. I've given this all way to much thought over the years.

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
Actual Columbus Lineup:
Artemi Panarin Pierre-Luc Dubois Cam Atkinson
Nick Foligno Alexander Wennberg Oliver Bjorkstrand
Boone Jenner Brandon Dubinsky Josh Anderson
Matt Calvert Jussi Jokinen Markus Hannikainen

DEFENCE PAIRINGS
Zach Werenski Seth Jones
Jack Johnson Markus Nutivaara
Scott Harrington David Savard

GOALIES
Sergei Bobrovsky
Joonas Karpisalo

Romanuk/Millen Translated Lineup:
Artemi Kulemin Pierre-Marc Bouchard Rowan Atkinson
Mike Foligno Alexander Renberg Nick Bjugstad
Kaitlyn Jenner Brian Smolinski Glenn Anderson
Mike Valcert Ollie Jokinen Marco Heineken

DEFENCE PAIRINGS
Zach Hymanski Popeye Jones
John Jackson Markus Nutella
Harry Scottington Denis Savard

GOALIES
Pat Jablonski
Tommy Salo

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Phaneuf was traded to the Kings FYI.

Sens trade Phaneuf, Thompson to Kings for Gaborik, Shore - Sportsnet.ca

Phaneuf has three more full seasons left on his seven-year, $49-million contract and the Senators will retain 25 per cent of his remaining salary as part of the deal.

Phaneuf is due to be paid $7.675M more than Gaborik in actual dollars over the next three years, but that's offset by #sens retaining 25%

This deal comes two years and four days after Phaneuf was acquired by Ottawa in a blockbuster trade with the Toronto Maple Leafs. Phaneuf finishes his tenure with the Senators having played 154 games with the club, registering 13 goals, 41 assists, 157 penalty minutes and a minus-17 rating.

Thompson was in his first season with the Sens after signing a two-year, $3.3-million contract on the first day of free agency in 2017. Thompson, 33, heads back to California after having spent the past previous three seasons with the Anaheim Ducks. He has 11 points in 43 games this season and was scratched for Tuesday’s game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad