GDT: CBJ@Leafs 7PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Out for dinner with the gf tonight. Tips for peeking at the tv by the bar ?
Just don’t watch the game and pay attention to your date. You can watch the game in six later. If the game is more important than the date, just break it off now.

Alternatively you could have the NHL app installed on your phone, turn off the volume and place on your lap. Bonus if you have a rogers login to watch live and the restaurant has wi-fi. I've given this all way to much thought over the years.

Seriously never ever do this on a date.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Columbus is filled with big huge guys that can skate. They’re the only team that scares me in the playoffs really because Babcock seems to want to match their style without the right personnel. Hopefully he’s learned and kill them with speed

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Polak is in because the BJ's are a big physical team that employs a heavy fore check and who love to cycle to create scoring chances. Ask yourselves which Leaf defender is highly adept and physical enough at breaking cycles, and no the answer isn't Jake

paul pearce

Oct 4, 2017
Actual Columbus Lineup:
Artemi Panarin Pierre-Luc Dubois Cam Atkinson
Nick Foligno Alexander Wennberg Oliver Bjorkstrand
Boone Jenner Brandon Dubinsky Josh Anderson
Matt Calvert Jussi Jokinen Markus Hannikainen

DEFENCE PAIRINGS
Zach Werenski Seth Jones
Jack Johnson Markus Nutivaara
Scott Harrington David Savard

GOALIES
Sergei Bobrovsky
Joonas Karpisalo

Romanuk/Millen Translated Lineup:
Artemi Kulemin Pierre-Marc Bouchard Rowan Atkinson
Mike Foligno Alexander Renberg Nick Bjugstad
Kaitlyn Jenner Brian Smolinski Glenn Anderson
Mike Valcert Ollie Jokinen Marco Heineken

DEFENCE PAIRINGS
Zach Hymanski Popeye Jones
John Jackson Markus Nutella
Harry Scottington Denis Savard

GOALIES
Pat Jablonski
Tommy Salo
olympic gold medalist kaitlyn jenner?

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Out for dinner with the gf tonight. Tips for peeking at the tv by the bar ?

Go somewhere where there’s lots of TVs with the game on. If she really gets pissed she’s not the one ;). Just let her know when you get there that you want a seat with a view of the game and then hopefully she won’t get mad when you glance over every once in a while.

Reactions: Dzonna

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Polak is in because the BJ's are a big physical team that employs a heavy fore check and who love to cycle to create scoring chances. Ask yourselves which Leaf defender is highly adept and physical enough at breaking cycles, and no the answer isn't Jake
the answer isn't Polak either. he gets cycled to death every game and can't clear the zone with any reliability whatsoever

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Polak hasn't been the problem the past few games he's played. I'd say Hainsey and Zaitsev are to blame for some mishaps. Both can't exit the zone with possession and either flip or bank it out resulting in a turnover.

Reactions: mikelb7

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
It sure as hell ain't Polak

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
I just hope Sosh isn't hurt too badly and can play again soon :sarcasm:

BOLD PREDICTION:

After carefully studying the moon and the stars, and various Reddit posts about cats, I predict that Soshnikov will be cleared to play on:

Monday, February 26, 2018 @ 3:01 PM.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
One of Polak's weaknesses is his lack of awareness with the cycle and how often it leads to him chasing out of position and losing inside out net position.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Polak is in because the coach likes him and Carrick doesn't do a good enough job of getting him out. Babcock liked Martin but Kapanen took his spot, Carrick will get in when he plays better until then the tie goes to the vet.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Columbus is filled with big huge guys that can skate. They’re the only team that scares me in the playoffs really because Babcock seems to want to match their style without the right personnel. Hopefully he’s learned and kill them with speed

edit: god dammit quoted the wrong person

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Go somewhere where there’s lots of TVs with the game on. If she really gets pissed she’s not the one ;). Just let her know when you get there that you want a seat with a view of the game and then hopefully she won’t get mad when you glance over every once in a while.

yep my wife actually finds the TV and sits in the seat not facing it just for me when go out for dinner

griffon1

Feb 14, 2018
Adrift at sea

I'll forgive Cocks if they win anyway

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Actual Columbus Lineup:
Artemi Panarin Pierre-Luc Dubois Cam Atkinson
Nick Foligno Alexander Wennberg Oliver Bjorkstrand
Boone Jenner Brandon Dubinsky Josh Anderson
Matt Calvert Jussi Jokinen Markus Hannikainen

DEFENCE PAIRINGS
Zach Werenski Seth Jones
Jack Johnson Markus Nutivaara
Scott Harrington David Savard

GOALIES
Sergei Bobrovsky
Joonas Karpisalo

Romanuk/Millen Translated Lineup:
Artemi Kulemin Pierre-Marc Bouchard Rowan Atkinson
Mike Foligno Alexander Renberg Nick Bjugstad
Kaitlyn Jenner Brian Smolinski Glenn Anderson
Mike Valcert Ollie Jokinen Marco Heineken

DEFENCE PAIRINGS
Zach Hymanski Popeye Jones
John Jackson Markus Nutella
Harry Scottington Denis Savard

GOALIES
Pat Jablonski
Tommy Salo

:biglaugh:

I fully expect him to say "Here's Markus Nutella, serpentining through the neutral zone"

Reactions: Goonface2k14

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
This is why it's important to preplan your VDay outing , scope the place days in advance and reserve the table where the game will be visible behind her , remember nobody can tell the difference between you looking at their nose and looking in there eyes , same goes for broad focus , lock your angle of view directly at their face make eye contact and then look beyond while appearing to look directly at , these are valuable life skills like checking the hot girl out while walking without moving your head and with practice not even moving your eyes or nodding your head and responding without hearing a word they are saying .

member 262271

History is not on the leafs side when people speak ill of Korpisalo, hopefully that changes tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad