GDT: CBJ@Leafs 7PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
well one reason could be that Dermott-Polak was by far our weakest pair at 5v5. Another reason could be we don't need Polak for his PKing against the league's worst PP, like I said

You don't need Polak on the PK against any team. He just stands around while the other team gets good chances on Andersen. He is just a pylon, basically. Tell me one good thing he does on the PK that stands out?

Last edited:

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
It's easy. Wednesday and Thursday Saturday Sunday games are sportsnet and Monday Tuesday Friday games are tsn

Wrong!!! Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday will be Sportsnet because those are their guaranteed national games. The other nights could be either SN or TSN. They will be usually be regional games, although I think that SN may have a few Leaf games each year that are national games on those days.

Here's some quick examples that prove you were wrong:

Monday, January 22 was a SN regional game. (You said Mondays were TSN)
Tuesday, February 20 will be a SN regional game. (You said Tuesdays are TSN)
Thursday, February 22 will be a TSN regional game (You said Thursdays are SN)

I will kind of give you Fridays as TSN as all but one of the five Friday night Leaf games this year aired (or will air) on TSN. The one exception was during the WJC.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Despite the past struggles with Columbus, at the end of the day, this is a game against a non-playoff team. We're in a situation where due to the schedules and only being 6 points back of Tampa Bay, 1st in the Division (as well as the East) isn't out of the question.

These are games that we need to win, if we want to make that sort of run.

Polak shouldn't be playing. Columbus has the worst powerplay in the league. Polak has been horrendous at 5v5 this season. He somehow brought down Dermott last game.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Despite the past struggles with Columbus, at the end of the day, this is a game against a non-playoff team. We're in a situation where due to the schedules and only being 6 points back of Tampa Bay, 1st in the Division (as well as the East) isn't out of the question.

Polak shouldn't be playing. Columbus has the worst powerplay in the league. Polak has been horrendous at 5v5 this season. He somehow brought down Dermott last game.
yeah there is no reason for Polak to play any game, but this one in particular is a puzzler. The only reason to justify it is because it was Babcock's decision and some follow him very intently. Polak wasn't just bad last game, he got demolished by Kunitz and Paquette. the guy's done and he's been done for a while

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

I know what's going on! Babcock reads these boards and puts Polak in just to annoy you. So, maybe if you stop ranting about it, Babcock will stop playing Polak. :sarcasm:

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
yeah there is no reason for Polak to play any game, but this one in particular is a puzzler. The only reason to justify it is because it was Babcock's decision and some follow him very intently
I understand why you guys question the decision around Polak or Carrick, but I am of the opinion that whichever one gets to play it won't affect the outcome of the game, so I just don't worry about it. How much influence can the 6th D have when they are basically equally bad?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I understand why you guys question the decision around Polak or Carrick, but I am of the opinion that whichever one gets to play it won't affect the outcome of the game, so I just don't worry about it. How much influence can the 6th D have when they are basically equally bad?
Polak can quite easily be directly responsible for a goal against or a dumb penalty, and has been worse than any other defenseman in this regard. Plus it's pretty pointless to not optimize your lineup, even if it is a smaller role

member 262271

Toughest game of the year to sell and it seems the Leafs always play at home on this day.

Any chance we get Beyak calling the game again tonight?
Is Romanuk at the Olympics? If so then that's good enough for me.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Wrong!!! Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday will be Sportsnet because those are their guaranteed national games. The other nights could be either SN or TSN. They will be usually be regional games, although I think that SN may have a few Leaf games each year that are national games on those days.

Here's some quick examples that prove you were wrong:

Monday, January 22 was a SN regional game. (You said Mondays were TSN)
Tuesday, February 20 will be a SN regional game. (You said Tuesdays are TSN)
Thursday, February 22 will be a TSN regional game (You said Thursdays are SN)

I will kind of give you Fridays as TSN as all but one of the five Friday night Leaf games this year aired (or will air) on TSN. The one exception was during the WJC.
No need for all that. With that poster the assumption is everything is wrong.

Reactions: 1specter

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Last 5 games the Jackets have managed 49, 39, 37, 50 and 51 shots.

That's 45 shots a game. Granted 2 were against the Isles who bleed shots, but yeah.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
hopefully someone can clear up your confusion that you can have discussions on a message board without deferring to authority at all times
There are things posted here that confuse me, that's not one of them.
So defensive, good luck with that.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Polak can quite easily be directly responsible for a goal against or a dumb penalty, and has been worse than any other defenseman in this regard. Plus it's pretty pointless to not optimize your lineup, even if it is a smaller role
I agree but I don't see much of a difference in quality of player between Carrick and Polak except that one has size and the other does not. Honestly I'd still be running Holl in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille